What's new

China hikes defence budget to $115.7 billion

See, buddy, I am Indian and I always supported Vietnam too, but I can't say what's obvious and rationale. Tell me which country is not spending, even they are increasing rather than on other main area that needs focus.
At the current pace of China´s defence budget, we (Vietnam) will see soon a second America military machine next door. :disagree:

At the current pace of China´s defence budget, we (Vietnam) will see soon a second America military machine next door. :disagree:
Well we are with you guys too. See, whoever is ally of India, we will stand beside them. We haven't given up support to Iran, Japan, South Korea or any other country. We have supported Dalai Lama, against China's wishes, whereas your country is important for India for our strategic and economic purpose.

I think as for as India is concerned, we will keep increasing our defense capabilities and will try to help solve out problems with China or any other country which ask us to mediate IF China and Vietnam wants.

So its all about national interests. We have our concerns with China too, but we will solve it with peace talks and diplomacy.

Both in 2012,

China defence budget is $106.4 billion
GDP is $8.3 trillion
Government revenue 15 trillion RMB? ( $2.4 trillion)
Total Government Revenue May Reach 15 Trillion Yuan in 2012 - Economic Observer Online - In-depth and Independent
So China spend 1.28% of GDP, or 4.4% of government revenue in defence budget.

India defence budget is $37.4 billion
GDP is $1.7 trillion
Government revenue is $220 billion
So India spend 2.2% of GDP, or 17% of government revenue in defence budget.

Then who is kidding?

Dude you can't even take a joke

Way to go China. China needs to retire old military equipment to compete with world powers.

In last 10 years China has commissioned maximum number of modern fighters, bombers, transport, trainers,AWACS,AC Refuelers, Corvette,Frigates, Destroyers,LPD's and AC carrier. The induction process is extremely fast and surprisingly all the projects are maturing on-time or even before barring the Jet engines.

...says a Indian?

Whats wrong, being a rationale and pragmatic? China's total defense budget would much more than 115B$. All the defense sector manufacturing and R&D is indigenous and being taken care care by state owned companies and provinces have also some shares in defense spending.

look the size, Population, Economy keeping all the factors in mind their defense expenditure is reasonable so as Indian or Pakistani or even Vietnam's defense expenditure. All of them are doing their best within the capacity.

Whats wrong, being a rationale and pragmatic? China's total defense budget would much more than 115B$. All the defense sector manufacturing and R&D is indigenous and being taken care care by state owned companies and provinces have also some shares in defense spending.

look the size, Population, Economy keeping all the factors in mind their defense expenditure is reasonable so as Indian or Pakistani or even Vietnam's defense expenditure. All of them are doing their best within the capacity.
Our Vietnam's defense expenditure is tiny if compared to China. That´s our problem. We must look for ways how to encounter.

Well we are with you guys too. See, whoever is ally of India, we will stand beside them. We haven't given up support to Iran, Japan, South Korea or any other country. We have supported Dalai Lama, against China's wishes, whereas your country is important for India for our strategic and economic purpose.

I think as for as India is concerned, we will keep increasing our defense capabilities and will try to help solve out problems with China or any other country which ask us to mediate IF China and Vietnam wants.

So its all about national interests. We have our concerns with China too, but we will solve it with peace talks and diplomacy.
Well, actually I thank India for releasing some of China´s pressures on Vietnam. China must split its military resources, that is a good thing for us.

Our Vietnam's defense expenditure is tiny if compared to China. That´s our problem. We must look for ways how to encounter.

Tiny in proportion of GDP & Government revenue? or concurrently with the Chinese annual defense budget.

@Viet Buddy, we all are part of geo-political game in this region. We have to work together and reach to solution with diplomacy and talks. Otherwise war in this region will affect every country, directly or indirectly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both in 2012,

China defence budget is $106.4 billion
GDP is $8.3 trillion
Government revenue 15 trillion RMB? ( $2.4 trillion)
Total Government Revenue May Reach 15 Trillion Yuan in 2012 - Economic Observer Online - In-depth and Independent
So China spend 1.28% of GDP, or 4.4% of government revenue in defence budget.

India defence budget is $37.4 billion
GDP is $1.7 trillion
Government revenue is $220 billion
So India spend 2.2% of GDP, or 17% of government revenue in defence budget.

Then who is kidding?

India's GDP is 1.96 Trillion at the end of 2012 and net budget for 2013-14 is about $304 billion (not $220 billion).

VN´s defence budget
2012: $3.3bn
2013: $4bn

comes around 3% GDP ?, That is the point every country allocate the defense spending according to its GDP and revenue. spending is directly proportionate to the the basket size.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom