What's new

CHENGDU REPORTEDLY ACHIEVES MILESTONE IN JF-17 BLOCK-III DEVELOPMENT

The word aerodynamic encompasses many elements in the flight profile. There is the aerodynamics of turning, there is the aerodynamics of lift, and then there is the aerodynamics of sheer speed. The angular surfaces needed for stealth are necessarily suboptimal from the point of view of reducing drag specifically, which will reduce their max speed given the same thrust, as compared to a non-stealthy jet.
May be those design limitations for previous stealth designs like f117 but we know that corner reflection would be avoided by circular/curved surfaces and remember sir f22 posted speed on various sites and blogs is above MACH 2 which is older gen stealth tech sir and thank you for explanation

May be those design limitations for previous stealth designs like f117 but we know that corner reflection would be avoided by circular/curved surfaces and remember sir f22 posted speed on various sites and blogs is above MACH 2 which is older gen stealth tech sir and thank you for explanation

And that's the whole point. The F-22 has enough thrust to overcome the drag introduced by stealth. The F-35 is under powered currently.

And that's the whole point. The F-22 has enough thrust to overcome the drag introduced by stealth. The F-35 is under powered currently.
Ok sir but just in your opinion others don't think that it a basically strike CAS jet with well balanced between stealth engine thrust and speed

A2A refuelling plays a role here.

Also, in one of the recent shows on 6th Sep/14th Aug (don't remember exactly), one of the actual fighter pilots of Thunder gave an interview and clearly stated that they regularly fly high and fast. His words were (approximately) "When we are flying very high we go at supersonic speeds".

You have a point there but with just 4 A2A refuelers ... and those too added only recently, it is certainly not a big role viz-a-viz PAF. And when taken into an actual war scenario, those transports/refuelers might not be in action for very long.

As for the the Thunder pilots interview, going Mach 1.4 is also considered supersonic ... my whole post was about the un-necessity of having a Mach 2 capability in JF-17 as it is of little consequence.

Ok sir but just in your opinion others don't think that it a basically strike CAS jet with well balanced between stealth engine thrust and speed
In this file, you can see at page 7 where these words are visible
............ "Both variants are unstable, as we can see by the negative static margin"..............
what i can assume from these words......... that these aircraft variants face some problem while flying or else???

Attachments

• F35unknownS03.pdf
    310 KB · Views: 17
In this file, you can see at page 7 where these words are visible
............ "Both variants are unstable, as we can see by the negative static margin"..............
what i can assume from these words......... that these aircraft variants face some problem while flying or else???
Since f16 every jet have negative static stability f16 is first jet to have a negative static stable jet which means its a highly agile jet for definition of negative/postive static stability look on that article
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relaxed_stability

Since f16 every jet have negative static stability f16 is first jet to have a negative static stable jet which means its a highly agile jet for definition of negative/postive static stability look on that article
Ok, very right............ in modern day aircraft, we can reduce the stability to increase the maneuverability of aircraft...........

If speed is not primary concern for fighter aircraft than why Russia is building those aircraft which having the speed over 2.35 (Sukhoi Su-27, Mig-31)............ china also have majority of fighters which has the speed over 2.0 mach.......... F-35 have the speed over 1.8 mach
....................... you are right in your direction but my point is that speed is much essential for aircraft as all other features have their importance.
Those are mostly interceptors and the idea was to catching bully's

Ok, very right............ in modern day aircraft, we can reduce the stability to increase the maneuverability of aircraft...........
:agree: but not at all speed, speed limit for agility/maneuverability is MACH 2.5 above that speed you will lose agility/maneuverability,prime examples are/were MIG31/25 and Sr-71

Last edited by a moderator:
You have a point there but with just 4 A2A refuelers ... and those too added only recently, it is certainly not a big role viz-a-viz PAF. And when taken into an actual war scenario, those transports/refuelers might not be in action for very long.

As for the the Thunder pilots interview, going Mach 1.4 is also considered supersonic ... my whole post was about the un-necessity of having a Mach 2 capability in JF-17 as it is of little consequence.

Apologies, my original point about supersonic firing of BVRs was to dispel the wrongful assertion that supersonic flight per se has no role in modern warfare. The discussion about Mach 2.0 is separate.

And why you think US military planners sitting in Pentagon to create their main stealth jet underpowered

Technological limitations which are now being addressed through the new engine project. The F-35, as it stands today, is already a technological marvel. But it cannot achieve everything called for in a modern fighter. This leaves it severely impaired in the area of max speed.

Those are mostly interceptors and the idea was to catching bully's
oh man come on................ Su-27, J-20, J-10,J-16, F-22, Su-35 are interceptors......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

:agree: but not at all speed, speed limit for agility/maneuverability is MACH 2.5 above that speed you will lose agility/maneuverability,prime examples are/were MIG31/25 and Sr-71
Maybe you are right sir, but as i hear that Su-35 is the super maneuverable aircraft............ you mentioned 2.5 mach and above but Su-35 has the speed at peak 2.25 ......... can you tell me am i right or wrong???

oh man come on................ Su-27, J-20, J-10,J-16, F-22, Su-35 are interceptors......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
He means MIG25/31, except su27,j-20 and f22, others are multirole jets, and yes f22 j20 su27 is a interceptor + air defense jets with agility/ maneuverability
Remember bro interceptor are/were had/has a negligible agility/maneuverability
Maybe you are right sir, but as i hear that Su-35 is the super maneuverable aircraft............ you mentioned 2.5 mach and above but Su-35 has the speed at peak 2.25 ......... can you tell me am i right or wrong???
Well as you say bro Su35 has top speed of 2.25 which is well under MACH 2.5, beyond MACH 2.5 jets loses its agility/maneuverability as speed increases
And also bro Su35 is super maneuverable because it uses TVC engine nozzles

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom