What's new

Cat in distress

Hope, I'm not late(havn't read the thread), If its in such fragile condition then it was probably one or 2 days old when you found it. You need to give milk only. And it has to be forced in their mouth like using the nipples(of the bottle :P) for new born babies. we found one in exactly such condition and used the same bottle which is used for babies), mother probably left her while trying the save other babies from dogs/male cats(they love to eat their own babies), and it was probably left behind. Its not natural for them for drink from bowl. Also mix atleast same amount of water(very important) or a little more and make it a little warm before feeding though the bottle. then after a week of so you can start feeding her little amount of biscuits and increasing it slowly so as to teach them eating, or else they would want the milk only. But such cat will not survive in the open, they will have to be petted for their life, unless you can put them with other kittens at small age.

Yeah I'll get some cat food...I don't have a syringe but I am guessing you people want me to feed it in drops. I tried that but it only licked a few by the looks of it.
Using the syringe you'll be able to force feed it. Go down to any pharmacy, get the biggest sized one you can find (which will allow thick substance to move through it. Will be anywhere between 2-10 bucks (depending on quality, which doesn't matter to you in this case, just size). If that works find good quality kitten formula.

Available here: Babycat Milk - Kitten Milk for use from birth Royal Canin

I have seen a website of a doctor near Galadari driving centre...will try and contact tomorrow.

That's it for tonight...it's in the box now (or atleast I left it there!) and the cloth is there, it drank a little milk, will do something else tomorrow.

You can do that, but don't spend an arm and a leg on it, its very touch n go, so just take him to Animal market in Sharjah (Al Jubail area). They'll probably charge like AED 100 plus supplies. Line se baba ji type vets bethay huay hain, masri mostly. Woh dekh ke at least koi general idea de deinge ke bachne wali bhi hai ke nahi. Koi ummeed lagay toh Dubai main koi achi jaga le jana.

Poshpaws guys seemed to know their stuff.

Hope, I'm not late

yes you are late

cat is dead

rest in peace

il_fullxfull.258508200.jpg

Stupid mother cat, post natal depression hoa wa ho ga....I saw a cat once who wouldnt go near the kittens....Had to flick the cats ears and force her to feed the kittens! :blink:

Sofay pe bitha ke counselling nahi ki? :D

Mother cats not feeding kittens is a known condition. Usually due to over complications at birth, feeding becomes painful for the cat, or that there might be something wrong with part of the litter, so she knows feeding them mixed would just disease out everyone. Cats are very smart in that sense.

So if something like that happens you need to rush everyone to the vet.

Give it tuna from the can, but make sure it is the tuna with oil.

Cats love the fish oil..

To them it's like crack.

Stupid mother cat, post natal depression hoa wa ho ga....I saw a cat once who wouldnt go near the kittens....Had to flick the cats ears and force her to feed the kittens! :blink:

Mother kittens leave the sick kittens and stop feeding them. They concentrate on the healthy kittens. Most animals act that way to not waste their milk on the weak and sick. Which is a pretty good system considering they do not have EMT's on call. Natures defense mechanism is to not cry over spilled milk.

yes you are late

cat is dead

rest in peace

:) . I was talking late in the sense, if he has already got the answers.

On a side note bottles are better then syringe IMO, you need to search for smallest size nipple and make a slightly bigger puncture at front, and squeeze the bottle when its in their mouth. very soon(in a few trials) they will learn to drink from the bottle themselves. syringe will mean a lot of work. also not to let them drink as much as they want, instead feeding them small-small amount regularly in a few hours in start. Also cows milk is good enough, but has to be diluted, wait for a day or 2, if the condition still deteriorates then, its upto to you..

In the parking of my building, I saw a small newborn cat, very weak and hardly moving, almost dead looking. I thought it was a stray. Today again it was present and squeaking.

I put milk and pieces of bread on a small low plate but the cat seemed to go away from the food. It has some sort of injury to its back legs I suspect.
The whole parking is totally cement, no food source whatsoever, so I suspect that it is without food for 2-3 days.

I had no luck in feeding it, searched for some pet care centre or animal shelter on the net but none were found, I am in Dubai. All of them are on the other corner of Dubai while I am on the other corner.

ANyody can give some tips and a address for a animal shelter? Is there any government service for this?

@Awesome...

Urgent please, I suspect it is going to die by the looks of it.

What To Do If You Find a Cat
How To Feed Stray Cats
What To Do If You Find a Cat
Content - Stray Cat Info
Please read ahead for advice on what to do if you come across a cat that is either lost or a stray.
1. *Is it an Adult or Small Kitten?
If you find a small kitten, don't pick it up right away unless it is in danger. *Mother cats will often leave their kittens behind as they hunt for food. *So long as the kitten is safe, please keep a watchful eye and wait for about 4 hours before taking the kitten. *If the mother cat does not return after this amount of time, it is safe to say the kitten has been abandoned.
2. *Is it wearing a collar or seems very tame and friendly?
If the cat is wearing a collar it is probably lost. *Please call our helpline 050.451.0058 to report a found cat and for further instruction. *Click here for a quick guide on what to do when you find a lost cat. *If you can take it into your care, you may be asked to please do so until the owners are found as our foster homes are usually full. *You can post a description and picture on our Lost and Found Page and also check to see if someone has posted losing the cat. *The cat will need to be checked for a microchip number at the vet, and once this number is known, we will be able to locate their registered owner.
If the cat does not have owners, but is extremely friendly, they may be a good candidate for our foster care. * Please see our page explaining What Makes A Feline Friends Foster Cat. *Feline Friends relies solely on volunteers and does not have a shelter, so most often our foster homes are filled to the max. *If this is the case, we would ask if you could care for the cat temporarily and assist in finding it a permanent home until we have space available.
If the cat is not able to become a "house cat" it may be elligle for our trap-sterilise-release program.
3. *Is the cat at least 5 months old and are both ears still pointy (untipped)?
If the cat is truly a stray, it will not want to be rescued and brought inside. *But we can sterilise him/her to ensure they do not create more stray cats. *Sterilisation also helps cats avoid fighting, and saves them from reproductive organ related illnesses. *To read more about the benefits of sterilisation please read about our Sterilisation Campaign. *Cats should be at least 5 months old to be sterilised. *If the cat has its left ear tipped, this means it has already been sterilised and should be allowed to roam free. *If neither ear has been tipped, you can assume it needs to be sterilised. *At this point call the helpline 0504510058 to report a cat that needs sterilising. *Please keep your eye on the cat as we will send one of our volunteer drivers to trap them. *We also offer training on how to trap cats yourself and always welcome the help. *If we have no available volunteers at the time and the cat is friendly enough to catch, we may ask you to assist by putting them in a suitable carrier and bringing the cat to one of our vets. *Once again trapping can be a daunting process depending on how fearful the cat is, therefore please always call the helpline for advice and instructions.

Feline Friends Dubai

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom