What's new

Carpet industry in dire straits as Afghan weavers leave Pakistan

Pakistan has delayed at country's economic burden, these thankless Two and a half million Afghan refugees living in Pakistan, how could these lived in Pakistan for three decades without papers, what a cost, & suffering Pakistan had to bear, they should be deported like water opened up from a closed dam.

There must be a quick way to deport or kick these Afghans out of Pakistan and permanently block the border. Pakistan is not a cash cow for Afghanis, Pakistan is not a job grab economic loot for these Afghanis, Pakistan is not a haven for Afghan terrorists, Pakistan is not a place for drug smuggling and bach bazi. Pakistan has a level, we cannot be compared like if UK cannot be compared to Zimbabweans.

A tough decision but a decision has to be made, it has cost us enormous economically and financially, and what in return do Pakistanis get, what have these namak haram Afghanis good for. What resource they provide .

They dont even pay taxes and sell Pakistani made products as Made in Afghanistan and Iran..

Pakistani carpet is sold as Irani and Afghani maal..in Riyadh carpet market..all products and weavers are Pakistani but sold as Afghani and Irani mall! The dumbest part is that Irani, Tajik and Afghan traders sitting in Dubai import their carpets from Pakistan..rebrand them as Made in Iran / Tajikistan or Afghanistan and then re export to Saudi Arabia..

no man it is not...definitely not in the US and Canada
these are myths as if making carpet is something great.

Wait for a sharp drop in Pakistan's foreign remittances once all refugees leave, because almost 70% of Afghan refugees in Pakistan have foreign remittances.

LOL Stop talking crap. The bulk of remittances comes from Pakistani workers in the UAE and elsewhere. You're living on a different planet. Stop fabricating lies and get out of Pakistan.

Afghans contribute 0 to Pakistani economy. Their coming and leaving won't impact anything.

no man it is not...definitely not in the US and Canada
these are myths as if making carpet is something great.

This is well for Afghanis, now they can make Afghanistan among top 20 best economies of the world, and can sink Pakistani economy, the dream will come true, only just because of the Carpets. lol.

Afghanis are a massive burden on Pakistan, contribute 0 to Pak economy, infact because of these 3 millions we are in debt, our economy has suffered massively overall and especially sufferings can be seen clearly in KPK / FATA but these Afghanis are also involved in criminal and terror activities. I once studied crime data of Peshawar and 58% percent of the crimes / kidnappings / robberies were committed by Afghan refugees and the illegal afghans who come across the border from Afghanistan.

Peshawar’s fabled carpet markets are already beginning to wear a deserted look because the local carpet-industry is almost entirely manned by Afghan artisans. Among them is Dawood Ahmadi, an Afghan carpet manufacturer and exporter.

“90 percent of the carpet weavers in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa are Afghans,” Ahmadi told News Lens. “With the fast-approaching deadline to leave Pakistan and constant harassment from police they are all leaving.”

@pakistani342 : As I have always maintained the return of the Afghans was long overdue, with them back in the country there will be some very needed skill sets that they can use in Afghanistan to generate income. Most of the Afghans in Pakistan were quite entrepreneurial and this is bound to have some side effects especially in Khyber Pukhtoonkhwa.
Please take u talent and go back .. ur talent3d people needs to build ur own country..
We have gained and used u guys from 35 years now they need to take their universities of kidnapping for ransom amo smugling drugs and go back..
And if u cant offord them give them to india who will charter and take afghani refugee as well as ur precious industry..

Last edited:
Please take u talent and go back .. ur talent3d people needs to build ur own country..
We have gained and used u guys from 35 years now they need to take their universities of kidnapping for ransom amo smugling drugs and go back..
And if u cant offord them give them to india who will charter and take afghani refugee as well as ur precious industry..

Sorry but nobody has asked your opinion :D, had to take a dig at you because your post contributed nothing objective to the thread.

Sorry but nobody has asked your opinion :D, had to take a dig at you because your post contributed nothing objective to the thread.
Fortunatily there are millions of millions people who doesnt know u even exist but that doesnt make u less important.. this is Afghan way of represent things...
If u are A i be surprise what B C D and Z gonna be like...
Just leave Pakistan..

So imagine this, 1971 war Pakistan is super busy because of its involvement in Bangladesh crises, people have revolted, Indian army has crossed over the border and have also provided assistance and then you hear news that Afghan forces have crossed over the durand line and approaching Peshawar, there is a complete harmony of the operations between India and Afghanistan. You hear that your military has surrendered in Bangladesh, the moral is low, and Afghanistan is operating at its full strength. You see the odds were not in your favor.

Now whether you consider that a favor, good will or plain stupidity on our part you be the judge ;)

/Peace
Brother once you tried and failed miserably that too from hands of look Pashtun tribesmen,Daud was no doubt a true states man he at once learned that with resources Afghanistan has at her disposal she can only support her population with difficult,that why he took path of neutrality and I salute his judgment he knew that Afghanistan can't make enemies and our western borders were defended by locals till ISAF came.

Look -- I think the deficit here is on Afghans. They will refuse a point by point discussion.
Once I dragged Amrullah saleh into point to point discussing and when I proved him that when he took refuge in Pakistan in khyban sir sayed area Rwp he at once blocked me....

Back
Top Bottom