What's new

Carpet industry in dire straits as Afghan weavers leave Pakistan

Those houses will be filled with People in no time . Here in Abbottabad alot of afghans live . Police came to our house yesterday to ask if there were any afghan's living in the house . Giving away of houses to afghan's is banned these days , if you do you will be in big trouble So it's better if the houses go vacant and local people come in since it's less of a headache

Meaning less or no income to those folks who were renting them out for fat rents :)

We will need some feedback on the Jernails though one day :) I am refering most of the case related to them to you, because folks in PDF wont listen to an Afghan dude spilling the beans about the Jernails maybe they will listen to a fellow Pakistani :)

But then again Hussain Haqqani and Ahmed Rashid has been telling this for years but is there anyone listening ?

If I pay you the amount of money they get to tell "The Truth", you will start advocating killing all Afghans and giving the land to Pakistan.

Meaning less or no income to those folks who were renting them out for fat rents :)

Rent's in Abbottabad don't go down much . it's a developed hill station and attracts alot of people from the country seeking respite from the summer heat . I met a few afghan's here who don't want to go back . can you blame them ? :)

13516160_10201712496410591_7813200761018065305_n.jpg

Dont care,

Send all afghans home or to the grave

Sorry to disappoint you but nobody has asked for your opinion ;)

Rent's in Abbottabad don't go down much . it's a developed hill station and attracts alot of people from the country seeking respite from the summer heat . I met a few afghan's here who don't want to go back . can you blame them ? :)

View attachment 330203

Fair point :) bolded part. As for Afghan if he has iota of of self respect then he should leave immediately or better deport has *** :D

The Pakistani economy is about to collapse because the Afghans are leaving Pakistan. Is this what we should believe?

Afghans are going out. Pakistanis don't want them here anymore. It is very simple.

Peshawar’s fabled carpet markets are already beginning to wear a deserted look because the local carpet-industry is almost entirely manned by Afghan artisans. Among them is Dawood Ahmadi, an Afghan carpet manufacturer and exporter.

“90 percent of the carpet weavers in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa are Afghans,” Ahmadi told News Lens. “With the fast-approaching deadline to leave Pakistan and constant harassment from police they are all leaving.”

@pakistani342 : As I have always maintained the return of the Afghans was long overdue, with them back in the country there will be some very needed skill sets that they can use in Afghanistan to generate income. Most of the Afghans in Pakistan were quite entrepreneurial and this is bound to have some side effects especially in Khyber Pukhtoonkhwa.
My family business is of carpets too in middle East so don't worry we will arrange in Pakistan and after cpec we will import directly from China as wl
U take ur carpets I Afghanistan so u guys can sit with Indians and see long lane of transport trucks going through cpec

Fair point :) bolded part. As for Afghan if he has iota of of self respect then he should leave immediately or better deport has *** :D

Terms like self-respect, pride, etc are often used by people who don't have skin in the game.

All in all -- this is sad anyway you look at it. These people were neighbors of Pakistanis.

Afghans are paying money to news outlets to publish such stupid articles...most of the so called Afghan carpets are made in Peshawar by Pakistani artisans. Afghans have not had a carpet industry for decades now. All so called Afghan carpet and furniture in Saudi markets is made by Pakistanis locally...

Side effects are lowering of rent in Peshawar's Posh area of Hayatabad . :D

Less drug and crime as welll

They should be held equally liable in the crime of sheltering illegals and promoting contraband as most of the afghans are involved in crime economy..which also includes money laundering for terrorist outfits.

The could comeback amd work through proper channel the Afghan behaviour os getting strong responces from Pakistan

No actually we want you to merge with us and revive the spirit of "Hindukush" mountains.I mean we can live with you.You rule us no problem but expand toward the east we have .My brother ego on your side hurts you more that is what i am trying to say.:cheers:

Excuse me?

My family business is of carpets too in middle East so don't worry we will arrange in Pakistan and after cpec we will import directly from China as wl
U take ur carpets I Afghanistan so u guys can sit with Indians and see long lane of transport trucks going through cpec

Your mumbling my friend, CEPC this and that :D sorry had to take a dig at you :)

Wait for a sharp drop in Pakistan's foreign remittances once all refugees leave, because almost 70% of Afghan refugees in Pakistan have foreign remittances.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom