What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 180 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.2%

• Total voters
^^ a very good piece of advice 'for all the posters' ..... :tup:

JF17 is a chinease fighter wuith chinease radars and missles. NOW please tell me how many chinease fighters have achieve a air to air kill in last two decades. ANSWER = nil

Quote before you speak a radar is a radar and on thunder radar is produced in collaboration with Italian`s .If for one instance it is Chinese (Chinese are making AESA radar) Fact is no one has to answer to your silly arguments here are some facts .

Indo-Pakistan Wars[edit]

A retired Pakistan Air Force F-6 on display.
The F-6 was flown by the Pakistan Air Force from 1965 to 2002, the aircraft design undergoing around 140 modifications to improve its capabilities in the interceptor and close air support roles. The PAF F-6 fighters participated in the Indo-Pak War 1971 against India, scoring approximately 6 confirmed aerial victories including one Indian Mig-21. The three Pakistani J-6 squadrons flew nearly a thousand sorties,[3] during which the PAF lost 3 F-6 to ground fire and one in aerial combat. An F-6 was also lost to friendly fire.[citation needed][4] One of the F-6 pilots shot down was Wajid Ali Khan, who was taken as a POW and later became a Member of Parliament in Canada. The single seat F-6 was retired from the Pakistani Air Force in 2002, but the two-seat trainer, the FT-6, remains in service in very small numbers.

Bring your mighty force we will see how much it is capable ,Even your mighty airforce is vulnerable to manpad`s considering we don't have to kill it by fighter

Folks, please report when you encounter idiots from across the border whose sole purpose in their miserable lives is to post parroted nonsense in discussion. We aim to ensure that such members are removed from the play to let more intelligent discussion continue.

NO. 8 SQUADRON'S "MISSION IMPOSSIBLE" SUCCEEDS

1500 HOURS - 30 MAY 1995

Flying a few feet above the Arabian Sea, the two Mirage pilots are impressed by the awesome silhouette of the nuclear-powered Abraham Lincoln as the carrier looms gradually above the sea curvature, dead on the nose. The mission: To penetrate successfully the Carrier Task Force's early warning and perimeter defences and, to deliver a simulated Exocet guided missile attack on "the world's largest warship". The memorable sortie was flown during "Inspired Alert" - a Pakistan-US joint exercise. O.C. No. 8 Squadron, strictly following the ground rules, planned and led a simultaneous multidirectional attack profile against CVN-72, in an attempt to overload its defence. As two of the three Mirage pairs turned away, the lead Mirage carried out a simulated Exocet "launch" from several miles away, without meeting any of the ship's fighters. The Squadron Commander and his wingman later did a friendly fly by at the carrier's side, perhaps just as surprised as the Lincoln's crews, at the missed interception.

Wing Commander Asim Suleiman Leader and O.C. No 8 Squadron
Flight Lieutenant Ahmed Hassan Wingman

Attachments

• 1430721506853.jpg
    1430721506853.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 201
Mirage at China war museum

Attachments

• 1431235390105.jpg
    1431235390105.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 118
Just a nice pic

Attachments

• 1431237733550.jpg
    1431237733550.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 123
Any chances of getting surplus mirages from Egypt? As they are quite good in bombings. What would be their estimated cost and how many of them are available for PAF?

Pakistan will not procure any more Mirages.
Tell me that as this Operation Decisive Storm might be planned about 10 years ago. So, why not Egypt opted to get 150 FAF Mirage-2000s with upgrades as ME big players would be paying for that along with some Rafael, F-16s and MiG-29s which they are already getting.

I am then PAF might have deal with Egyptian Mirage Vs.

Tell me that as this Operation Decisive Storm might be planned about 10 years ago. So, why not Egypt opted to get 150 FAF Mirage-2000s with upgrades as ME big players would be paying for that along with some Rafael, F-16s and MiG-29s which they are already getting.

I am then PAF might have deal with Egyptian Mirage Vs.

You are the biggest operator of Mirage III / V in the world. How many more do you want?

Back
Top Bottom