What's new

Cameron's inflammatory comments against Pakistan: I meant Pakistanis are terrorists..

Who is the prime beneficiary of WOT ? without that your country would have been a mess right now.

The prime beneficiary of WOT is USA.

Our country is in such a mess because of the WOT. Now please, don't you go quoting to me that before the WOT, Pakistan was on the brink of bankruptcy and all that nonsense.

Oh yes, we did get aid, but to me, the loss of countless lives due to this so-called WOT is far more important then money. How can you equate the two together? Are you saying that the loss of life is compensated with money? I would give all the money back to the U.S and its allies and more, if all those souls could come back to life.

And oh, according to all those western economic pundits, including some south-asians as well, Pakistan has been on the brink of bankruptcy/extinction/implosion since our country came into being. Wet-dreams is all i can say.

We have paid dearly and heavily, and i hope and wish that even you Indians don't have to go through what we have and are still going through.

So please, don't talk like we have gained so and so, we have lost more than you can ever imagine.

regards,

Who is the prime beneficiary of WOT ? without that your country would have been a mess right now.

WTF? :rofl::rofl: Did you just really just saying that? Pakistan is primary beneficiary of WoT? Does losing 50-80B dollar, weekly suicide bombings, thousands of civilians killed sound like a benefit?

This is OT. I dunno people. It looks like NO ONE is winner.

USA has spent almost $1 trillion dollars, lost thousands of soldiers & now needs a exit strategy to save face. What a useless, FAKE war, wrong on all levels.
Afghanistan - countless civilians killed. A already war torn country messed up even more.
Iraq - countless civilians killed. Iraqi kids being born deformed cos US has used depleted uranium. Seems to be division among the Sunnis, Shias, Kurds, etc.
ISAF - Hundreds, if not thousands of troops lost, wasted money on a useless, FAKE war.
Pakistan - Thousands of soldiers killed, countless civilians killed. Terrorist blasts on a weekly basis. (Got billions of dollars & some new weapons, but at what cost?)

No one looks like a winner here!

really? please do look at the past again. Before the WOT had started I dont recall suicide bombings or any beef with the so called terrorists. It was actually peaceful. We(as in pakistan) are clearing the mess up that america has started. If they had not declared war on terror none of this would have been happenning. Our country would have been more stable then what it is now. :coffee:

Our country is in such a mess because of the WOT. Now please, don't you go quoting to me that before the WOT, Pakistan was on the brink of bankruptcy and all that nonsense.

Oh yes, we did get aid, but to me, the loss of countless lives due to this so-called WOT is far more important then money. How can you equate the two together? Are you saying that the loss of life is compensated with money? I would give all the money back to the U.S and its allies and more, if all those souls could come back to life.

And oh, according to all those western economic pundits, including some south-asians as well, Pakistan has been on the brink of bankruptcy/extinction/implosion since our country came into being. Wet-dreams is all i can say.

We have paid dearly and heavily, and i hope and wish that even you Indians don't have to go through what we have and are still going through.

So please, don't talk like we have gained so and so, we have lost more than you can ever imagine.

regards,

I am amazed by these views always.. Militancy was the cancer which has taken over Afghanistan last decade and its been slowly and steadily occupying Pakistan as a second stage. If Pakistan hadn't involved in the WOT, there could have been a serious damage to suffer now.

Militancy was the cancer which has taken over Afghanistan last decade and its been slowly and steadily occupying Pakistan as a second stage.
Pakistan had the Taliban at arms length, there was no way that we would be seeing the carnage we do if it weren't for the WoT.

Think of it as a stone falling in a pond, the water splashes out, or a ripple effect is caused. That ripple effect was the Taliban and their Pashtun sympathisers finding base on the border areas. The WoT just kicked the cancer next door.

What it did was reawaken that mujahideen spirit which said "we kicked the Ruskies out, now we'll deal with the US". They WoT radicalised a whole new swathe of territory and has been explicity instrumental in the mayhem we see today. That is my honest opinion, and I believe the opinion of quite a few Pakistani's.

I do disagree with some big statements the author makes, but here's another critique of Cameroon's moronic statement:-

Islamabad's storm clouds​

Cameron can't blunder on Pakistan. Its troubles and role in terror make Afghanistan a sideshow

Peter Preston
guardian.co.uk, Sunday 1 August 2010 23.00 BST

Baron Prescott, one supposes, would call it a tower of tittle-tattle. If you don't believe dodgy dossiers on Iraq, then why get excited about tall tales that tie Pakistani military intelligence to Taliban terror? This was one WikiLeaks strand that nobody repeated with full confidence. Who were these secondhand sources slipping Nato bizarre allegations? Maybe freelance storytellers, maybe Afghanistan's own intelligence officers. Maybe Chinese/Iranian/Indian secret agents. Welcome to a cesspit of cynicism and calculation.

Why did David Cameron wade right in – on Indian soil? Imagine Barack Obama going to Buenos Aires and making a speech about Britain's Falklands imperialism. Place and message together matter. So, frankly, does straight-dealing. The WikiLeaks allegations go back years: a random bundle of Nato documents Washington and Whitehall have long had access to. Nothing happened last week that made any difference, or required an instant response.

But new prime ministers with new dilemmas to address are allowed to stumble, to fail to realise that the problem here doesn't lie in Kabul or the Hindu Kush. Afghanistan is a sideshow. Pakistan, a nuclear state with a population seven times bigger than its troublesome neighbour, is the main event.

Where (with help from the CIA) were the original Taliban recruited, trained? Where are the masters of 9/11 still hiding? Where did virtually every bomb plotter of the last nine years do his ignition course? Which country is still fighting a desperate battle to keep its own fundamentalists at bay? Which country has seen more of its troops die in the "war against terror" than Nato? And its citizens slaughtered in huge bomb blasts? Which country, if it became a failed state, would be the biggest disaster of the lot? Pakistan ticks every box.

The devil lies in putting too much stress on fine, malevolent detail. Look at the frailties of the CIA or MI6. Why, in the chaos of Pakistan, assume that a Bond-like Inter-Services Intelligence controls every lever? It's a convenient copout, not a true cause of failure.

The ISI is only one part of Pakistan's crisis. Its bosses aren't coming to London. Its constitutional leader, the democratically elected President Zardari, is turning up. But he can't tell the army what to do. Not that the generals, losing men in badland frontier wars, know. Public opinion needs someone to blame. Western interference is there for a demo kicking. And factor in terror strikes, incompetence, corruption.

Lecturing from the White House or Downing Street serves no purpose. Nor does the assumption that "something can be done" when, on the ground, it can't. But at least, as the war of words swells, we might get focus clear.

Winning a town or a village in Helmand now doesn't matter. Nor, three or four years on, does propping up Karzai in Kabul. If we want to clamp down on terror training – keeping "our cities safe" – then Pakistan is the heart of the action.

It can't be military action. That is absurd. It can be aid in action. But diplomatic action, for once, matters most of all. And it must begin at square one.

Kashmir? The reason why Pakistan's military stays so strong, so funded, so bent on matching India's every move. The reason why Pakistan democracy has proved so frail. The reason why Islamabad dabbles in Afghanistan's shifting alliances. Begin to broker a final Indo-Pakistani peace, try to set stable relations at the core of the subcontinent, and everything else begins to follow.

Not easy. Not sweet talk on a trade visit to Delhi. But if you don't know where to start, then you'll never finish.

Islamabad's storm clouds | Peter Preston | Comment is free | The Guardian

regards,

mate when u say that pakistan has always been at the edge of bankruptcy ,U r wrong. In 60s Pakistan was treated as a model for many developing countries in asia. Even during 2001-2007 Pakistan was one of the fastest growing economies in the world. All i want to say is Pakistan has certainly seen better days.

Coming to aid, as unfortunate as it is it seems as if pakistan is equating lives with money. I m sorry but there is no other way U can explain innocent Pakistanis getting killed every other day due to drone attacks carried out by USA. tell me how can a soverein country like Pakistan accept such acts carried out by america on Pakistan's soil. Money is balancing the loss of innocent lifes at the hands of USA.

People of the caliber of Cameron dont go around saying things just like that. Their speeches are heavily edited and looked at before they are made. Rather than going around criticizing Cameron and calling him an Indian agent, its better you introspect and see if there is any truth to what he is saying. India has been passing this message onto the international public for a long time and its good that other countries are also starting to understand our point of view. I see nothing wrong with his comments and its very brave of him to say all this in front of the world. UK has finally found a leader with a spine and im sure he will lead the UK out of the recession its going through right now. Rather than writing his comments out as crap, maybe its time you introspect and try to catch the root of the problem. Supporting extremist in Kashmir and India is also supporting terror, there are no good or bad terrorist and thats the distinction Pakistan will need to make.

^ Good point.. Personal attacks on David Cameron are in abundance, but people forget that he represents UK Govt's position. Instead of debating that, we have articles talking about his 150 year old ancestory, as if that had anything to do with what he says or does today.

What I also find funny is that while economic motives are being found for his statements, articles debunking him are treated with much more respect. Well, last I checked, an international columnist came much cheaper than the Prime Minister of a country...

This is OT. I dunno people. It looks like NO ONE is winner.

USA has spent almost $1 trillion dollars, lost thousands of soldiers & now needs a exit strategy to save face. What a useless, FAKE war, wrong on all levels.
Afghanistan - countless civilians killed. A already war torn country messed up even more.
Iraq - countless civilians killed. Iraqi kids being born deformed cos US has used depleted uranium. Seems to be division among the Sunnis, Shias, Kurds, etc.
ISAF - Hundreds, if not thousands of troops lost, wasted money on a useless, FAKE war.
Pakistan - Thousands of soldiers killed, countless civilians killed. Terrorist blasts on a weekly basis. (Got billions of dollars & some new weapons, but at what cost?)

No one looks like a winner here!

US defence suppliers and private security companies - Billions of $ in revenues gained

Oil oligopolies - access to new sources of oil (Iraq), and increased demand for oil due to WOT.

I think now you get an idea of who the winners are.

Yaar, what did or what say "cameron diaz" about Pakistan, no matter,
but
Our President attitude? This hurts.

really? please do look at the past again. Before the WOT had started I dont recall suicide bombings or any beef with the so called terrorists. It was actually peaceful. We(as in pakistan) are clearing the mess up that america has started. If they had not declared war on terror none of this would have been happenning. Our country would have been more stable then what it is now. :coffee:

Pakistani nation is certainly not a beneficiary of the WOT. Benign cancer turned malignent due to this conflict.

US and allies lost their leadership initiative, so much so that they cannot do a thing about Iran now (which in their priorities must be up there somewhere).

For Afgans anyway there was no hope but they have gained a little bit surely with the Taliban goons off their back momentarily. But they are certainly not the primary beneficiary.

India has gained a little bit with the policy of Pakistan for using terrorism as foreign policy being exposed somewhat. But even India is certainly not the primary beneficiary.

Taliban gained nothing but look, they never had anything to lose right? For them it was just a honeymoon that they had and now it is over.

In fact the primary beneficiary of the current episode of WOT has been the Pakistani Army. They got all the money and the budgets earlier and continue to do so now. The hold on the foreign policy which had somewhat slacked during the civilian rule, is now back firmly in grips. They have risen within the opinion of their nation from ashes. The times when martial law will be welcomed is back again!!

General Kiyani just got a 3 x years extension and if history in Pakistan has anything to go by, all the extension tenures lead up to the Presidential palace and of course a martial law in Pakistan!!

I do disagree with some big statements the author makes, but here's another critique of Cameroon's moronic statement:-

Islamabad's storm clouds​

.............................. snip.........
Kashmir? The reason why Pakistan's military stays so strong, so funded, so bent on matching India's every move. The reason why Pakistan democracy has proved so frail. The reason why Islamabad dabbles in Afghanistan's shifting alliances. Begin to broker a final Indo-Pakistani peace, try to set stable relations at the core of the subcontinent, and everything else begins to follow.

Not easy. Not sweet talk on a trade visit to Delhi. But if you don't know where to start, then you'll never finish.

Islamabad's storm clouds | Peter Preston | Comment is free | The Guardian

Wonder what connection Mr. Preston finds between the inclination of Pakistan Army to create a vassal state in Afganistan with their claims on Kashmir....

If Kashmir was the only justification for Pakistan Army for being in the centerstage of Pakistani politics since its inception then why did the Generals invest so heavily in the madrassas and creating extremism in Pakistan? They continued to do so even in the post Afganistan war era. Why was one whole generation taught that Hindus India is the enemy. What was the itch to establish dominance in Afganistan via Taliban. Afterall Pakistan had Afganistan under a total remote control for more than a decade and they had no interest in the development of that region. Afterall a strong Afganistan can be a threat to the Pakistan Army later!!!!

It was an experience learned from losing Bangladesh which happened on the Army's watch!!

Even within Pakistan, the objectives of Pakistan Army has been to only grab power. This is a simple case of power hungry generals not wanting to know tow to bloody civilians.

So Kashmir is not the reason why Pakistani Army stays so strong. It is only the stick that they show to their country. The real reason is the power that the generals have tasted so often and for which they continually yearn. And they often have achieved it by showing the fear of Kashmir, fear of India, fear of US, fear of even sensible, normal, education or else they would not have doctrinated a whole generation leading to the Lal Masjid......​

Back
Top Bottom