What's new

British chancellor Rishi Sunak on his last legs?

I wonder is there any possibility that Keir Starmer announces a long march to London for early general election otherwise next election would be held after 2 years.

He should do and now most of the country will back him....

The problem for Sunak is now as leader he will have a party with 60% of the conservative MP's against him. Pushing anything through now regarding new budgets and laws will be next to impossible as they the MP's don't want to lose their jobs and the next election.
The Sunak/Hunt combination is a dream for the corporate elite, bankers etc but a nightmare for the vast majority of the people and the MP's know this.

These leeches won't be around for long.

Last edited:
This entire process is a STICH-UP - there was no notion of an selection process - with the rule changes they made just so that they could coronate Rushi Sunak ..

Total stickup..

Time for elections.

This entire process is a STICH-UP - there was no notion of an selection process - with the rule changes they made just so that they could coronate Rushi Sunak ..

Total stickup..

Time for elections.
Anything short of 150 MP support for Rishi Sunak is sure call for election.

Rishi will be a political idiot to pick up this tar baby (more like a grenade) now. He will needlessly get his long-term reputation marred for what is going to be an economic meltdown and electoral loss to Labour party.

This man has been brought to power by around 155 MP's let that sink in....With Truss at least the vote went out to the conservative membership public!
How on earth is this democracy!!!!

Well I agree with all the comments here, this backstabbing Rishi the self serving snake will be the end of the conservative party for many years;

General election now.

The only hope for our country now is that the Boris Johnson supporters now support Penny, and this is then forced to go out to the members..

This man has been brought to power by around 155 MP's let that sink in....With Truss at least the vote went out to the conservative membership public!
How on earth is this democracy!!!!

Well I agree with all the comments here, this backstabbing Rishi the self serving snake will be the end of the conservative party for many years;

General election now.
A Prime Minister is whichever Member of Parliament commands the confidence of a majority of members of Parliament. This is how it is in Parliamentary system. I don't understand how they ever allowed party members to vote for PM. Not That I know in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, India, Japan, Israel, Pakistan ... If I am incorrect, give me another country's example.

A Prime Minister is whichever Member of Parliament commands the confidence of a majority of members of Parliament. This is how it is in Parliamentary system. I don't understand how they ever allowed party members to vote for PM. Not That I know in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, India, Japan, Israel, Pakistan ... If I am incorrect, give me another country's example.
Oh, I think the King will ask for a list of supporting MPs. That probably settles it.

It is pretty much game over for trying to think he can take the PM slot - firstly for not standing by Boris and second - the hypocrishy of his wife and her non-dom(!!!!) and tax position..

On Monday he will become PM of Great Britain. Boris is a liar who has been fired from every job he has had, His boss for many many years at the Telegraph said "never leave your wife alone with Boris and he is unfit for national office, because it seems he cares for no interest save his own fame and gratification."
50 ministers resigned from his govt and Only 54 MP's support Boris out of a total of 357 Conservative MP's Sunak has the support of 156 so far and by tomorrow that figure will go up hugely.

His wife is non-dom BECAUSE she is a Indian national and India does not allow Dual Nationality. She has to pay tax to India on her Indian income. Its the law.

he had a Green Card on the sly too

He worked for Goldman Sachs of course he had a green card. How stupid are you ?

Last edited:
it will be an irony to have a colonial subject be Prime Minister of United Kingdom

The Sunak/Hunt combination is a dream for the corporate elite, bankers etc but a nightmare for the vast majority of the people and the MP's know this.

It is unfortunate that money does not grow on trees and you have to pay for what you buy or legislate. Even Pakistanis endlessly dreaming of money spurting out of the ground or water turning into petrol should have some basic comprehension.
Truss Trashed the economy in a few days she was PM by borrowing to give tax cuts to the rich. The markets she borrowed from saw clearly she had'nt the faintest idea of how this money would be paid back.
This Trashing HAS A PERMENANT EFFECT. EACH YEAR FROM NOW ON {EVEN THOUGH ALL THOSE TAX CUTS WERE WITHDRAWN} UK WILL HAVE TO PAY £20 BILLION BECAUSE UK'S CREDIT RATING HAS BEEN DESTROYED. WE WILL BE PAYING THIS FOR MANY MANY MANY YEARS INTO THE FUTURE.
Who is going to pay for this ?????????

The only hope for our country now is that the Boris Johnson supporters now support Penny, and this is then forced to go out to the members..
She will defiantly LOSE. So far she has support of 24 MP's and Sunak has 154. Tomorrow Sunak will have over 200.
As the rule says the MP's vote is INDICATIVE for party members if there is a run-off.
THAT MEANS THAT THE CONSERVATIVE MP'S HAVE INDICATED THIER CHOICE AND ARE ASKING PARTY MEMBERS TO CONFIRM THIER CHOICE.
First Penny has to get 100 MP's to support her by 2PM tomorrow. That is just never never going to happen.
Only fools would back an airhead like Penny after Thrasher Truss.

As I said many many days ago this is a poisoned chalice. Truss has made absolutely sure that UK will remain mired in debt and the only way out is to make cuts for many many years to come.

No one should in their right mind volunteer to become the PM of UK, at least not for another decade. That is how long its going to take to right what Truss has done.

it will be an irony to have a colonial subject be Prime Minister of United Kingdom
His parents were colonial subjects one time. Rishi was born in Southhampton. On the other hand, Boris Johnson was born in New York City, USA, which makes him an U.S. Citizen by birth. Only when he realized he will become a Prime Minister someday, he renounced U.S. Citizenship. Technically, Rishi is more British than Boris!

More importantly, Rishi's education is: Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE) at Lincoln College, Oxford, graduating with a first in 2001, In 2006, he gained an MBA from Stanford University, where he was a Fulbright scholar

Boris's schooling is: Balliol College, Oxford, a four-year course in the study of the Classics, ancient literature and classical philosophy. Matriculating at the university in late 1983.

Basically, Rishi is a smart guy who knows a thing or two about economics. Boris is a lazy guy who is fit to be a columnist for a tabloid - apologies to Classical Philosophers, no intent to insult Aristotle or Socrates. When a nation is fighting for its economic survival whom would you pick?

She will defiantly LOSE. So far she has support of 25 MP's and Sunak has 154. Tomorrow Sunak will have over 200.
As the rule says the MP's vote is INDICATIVE for party members if there is a run-off.
THAT MEANS THAT THE CONSERVATIVE MP'S HAVE INDICATED THIER CHOICE AND ARE ASKING PARTY MRMBERS TO CONFIRM THIER CHOICE.
First Penny has to get 100 MP's to support her by 2PM tomorrow. That is just never never going to happen.
Only fools would back an airhead like Penny after Thrasher Truss.

As I said many many days ago this is a poisoned chalice. Truss has made absolutely sure that UK will remain mired in debt and the only way out is to make cuts for many many years to come.

No one should volunteer to become the PM of UK, at least not for another decade. That is how long its going to take to right what Truss has done.
So my question is, Why does Rishi, a smart guy, agree to pick up this tar baby (more like a grenade) knowing it will blow up taking him and the Tories?

So my question is, Why does Rishi, a smart guy, agree to pick up this tar baby (more like a grenade) knowing it will blow up taking him and the Tories?
He is richer than Croesus. He is smarter than the whole bunch of Conservative MP's who ARE ALL his intellectual inferiors. The most educated. What is left. Lead a country ? Hubris ? Show how intelligent he is to the heathens when they spurned him for Truss ?

He is richer than Croesus. He is smarter than the whole bunch of Conservative MP's who ARE ALL his intellectual inferiors. The most educated. What is left. Lead a country ? Hubris ? Show how intelligent he is to the heathens when they spurned him for Truss ?
No argument he is the smartest, but the situation seems unbailable. Should have gone to polls and get properly elected. Now there are whispers of coronation. But I am curious to see how he will put out this dumpster fire (the economic, not the political).

Back
Top Bottom