What's new

Britain would fight another war with Argentina to keep the Falkland Islands

We should support Great Britain on Falkland Islands.:pakistan:

Why is that?

By the way Argentina is not a stranger to land theft it has fought wars with other South American countries for territory and has taken land of other countries before. Now a foreign European power has taken what they claim as their land and now Argentina is demanding the islands be returned.

Britain has reinforced and fortified Falkland Is. So don't expect Argentina which is still significantly militarily weaker than Britain to re-take the islands. Though if Argentina were to retake the Island it would be an inspirational victory against historical colonialism, where a weaker power defeats a colonial power and militarily re-takes lost land.

US supported UK in the last war with missiles and other material, France stayed out of it but had a team on the ground in Argentina which some say helped the Argentinians. Britain never asked for NATO help so NATO never did.

The French gave the codes of the Exocet anti-ship missiles to British so that the Argentinians wont use on the British vessels. They also allowed the British harrier fighters to train against the Super-eternard which were used by the argentinians.

A nation that won't fight to protect its citizens and interest is worthless....and should be replaced. I consider those to be the prime directive of any government.

Actually I did get it right, you just did not comprehend what I wrote. US supports Britain on falkland issue.

Stolen from lahore, so Pakistan. :whistle:

Born in india so Indian. Lahore too was India back then. Anyway , i will let history decide and oops history books all over the world say -India.:agree:

Why is that?

By the way Argentina is not a stranger to land theft it has fought wars with other South American countries for territory and has taken land of other countries before. Now a foreign European power has taken what they claim as their land and now Argentina is demanding the islands be returned.

Britain has reinforced and fortified Falkland Is. So don't expect Argentina which is still significantly militarily weaker than Britain to re-take the islands. Though if Argentina were to retake the Island it would be an inspirational victory against historical colonialism, where a weaker power defeats a colonial power and militarily re-takes lost land.

You are aware that Argentines are colonialists who took the land from native Indians?

Considering Andaman is next to Burma not India you should read history of falklands before burping?

what is the history of Falklands? as far as map shows its Argentinian property more then England. but i wanna know how you consider this to be British property.

In essence, Falklands belongs to Argentina never the less there is no iota of disagreement by majority. Islands being defended better so grab them is a poor logic by that logic UK economy is down the drain why not hand it over to Germans.
Why do they belong to Argentina? Distance cannot be used as a claim.

Hey Kid, people of falklands support UK because of massive immigration from mainland UK. India could just as well move millions of Indians into kashmir. A vote is insignificant since the demographics have already been changed , now shoo ...

Moron, Argentina did not exist when we set our foot on that Island. Infact 30 French people lived there who had no problems and no one was killed. Compare that with Kashmir? Ouch that must hurt?

I'm wondering if U.S, Canada and Australia will just sit idlely if any eventual war? Indeed logistic support will be pain in the A$$ for U.K to run 12k km but they will get international support especially these three and from Europe nations either vocal our some sort of under table assistance...I don't believe the pure neutrality on this issue, I guess Argentina is well aware of this too

Well you claim rights to the south china sea when nations who live next door call you a bully. Don't forget with all your might and logistics you ran away leaving 10000 dead when you tried to invade Taiwan and later Vietnam. We just lost 200 brave men and women and took back and Island 12 K away to allow them to decide their own future. Try a vote in HK and see how the so called Chinese people vote? To scared to do that are we?

In my opinion even Argentinians cannot maintain Falklands but still the land belongs to them.
What Argentina should do is go for backdoor diplomacy, ask for % of share in regards to Oil being explored. Think 20% of total output by UK to Argentina wouldn't hurt them. Other than that the second option is War a costly one for Argentina is bound to lose it.

How does Falklands belong to Argentina? Mr Think Thank please read history? ARGENTINA DID NOT EXIST WHEN WE COLONISED AN ISLAND. Do you know Falkland's orginal name? It was Îles Malouines which is French.

In my opinion even Argentinians cannot maintain Falklands but still the land belongs to them.
What Argentina should do is go for backdoor diplomacy, ask for % of share in regards to Oil being explored. Think 20% of total output by UK to Argentina wouldn't hurt them. Other than that the second option is War a costly one for Argentina is bound to lose it.

How does Falklands belong to Argentina? Mr Think Thank please read history? ARGENTINA DID NOT EXIST WHEN WE COLONISED that ISLAND. Do you know Falkland's orginal name? It was Îles Malouines which is French.

what is kohinoor's relation with Falklands :hitwall:

@ But if people of falklands vote for Britain, I think the islands should remain with British.

Reading through the thread, I was thinking
1. how many indigenous and native people were killed to wipe out entire populations in north america, south america, Australia?

2. How many amounts of Gold, silver and diamonds were looted from India and China to transform them from richest regions to one of the poorest countries in world?

3. How many slaves were transported from Africa? Africa cannot still stand on its feet.

4. How many number of artificial boundaries were created in Asia and africa to have them fighting with each other continuosly purchasing western artillery, planes and ships.

These colonialists were worst and destroyed all regions in world except europe.

what is the history of Falklands? as far as map shows its Argentinian property more then England. but i wanna know how you consider this to be British property.

It was a French discovered Island with no people. Over the years French, Spanish and English People settled on it. Argentina did not exist. When the first vote was held the people decided to be British and now the next vote will be held in 2013 where they will decide to be British or Independant.

what is kohinoor's relation with Falklands :hitwall:

@ But if people of falklands vote for Britain, I think the islands should remain with British.

Reading through the thread, I was thinking
1. how many indigenous and native people were killed to wipe out entire populations in north america, south america, Australia?

2. How many amounts of Gold, silver and diamonds were looted from India and China to transform them from richest regions to one of the poorest countries in world?

3. How many slaves were transported from Africa? Africa cannot still stand on its feet.

4. How many number of artificial boundaries were created in Asia and africa to have them fighting with each other continuosly purchasing western artillery, planes and ships.

These colonialists were worst and destroyed all regions in world except europe.

The Colonialist maybe the worst but that still does not answer the question why two so called civilised nations like India and Pakistan cannot solve their problems once we left?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom