What's new

Breaking news ! ! BD has gotten 19,467sq km maritime area from India :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
point is regime did not even try and outright conceded Talpattis existence. That is like saying Tungipara does not exist.
if regime supported talpatti existance than it will bring another issue, sovereignty over the island, then it would be land dispute first to solve which is not under this court.

like South China Sea islands dispute

if regime supported talpatti existance than it will bring another issue, sovereignty over the island, then it would be land dispute first to solve which is not under this court.

like South China Sea islands dispute

I am not sure who you trying to kid here. Sovereignty issue is part of the judgement. If this subservient regime claimed Talpatti as baseline and get the delimitation point west of the island then Bangladesh would have sovereign right over the island. Just like india will enjoy sovereignty over island as outcome of the judgement. South China sea is no where near relevant here.

I am not sure who you trying to kid here. Sovereignty issue is part of the judgement. If these subservient regime claimed Talpatti as baseline and get the delimitation point west of the island then Bangladesh would have sovereign right over the island. south China sea is no where near relevant here.
do you understand difference between land and water ?
and who gives the surety that the islands would have been to BD which is already under water ?
BD would have to come through another court for that lsland then this court

did not get your question. what you mean by proving sovereignty? India did not have sovereignty. Awami subservient conceded south Talpatti's existence. But tribunal accepted indian baseline claim which was complemented by Awami League concession and shifted delimitation line east of south Talpatti.

India claimed Talpotti exist. See if tribunal accepted India's claim then we would had lost. But fortunately they bought BD argument

India claimed Talpotti exist. See if tribunal accepted India's claim then we would had lost. But fortunately they bought BD argument

Once again tribunal did accept indian base line claims, show us otherwise. What tribunal did not accept was indian equidistance angle.

Once again tribunal did accept indian base line claims, show us otherwise.
do you know water territory determined from land area's distance. If tribunal took talpotti's existence then verdict would have been more close to india's claim than now ?

btw talpatti was itself disputed island

not really, it is obvious that India will get some share in BOB.
What's a little land/sea between friends?
two-happy-friends-smiley-emoticon.gif

It's good that it's been resolved. India will accept the verdict. Hope the LBA also gets ratified soon.

I am not sure who you trying to kid here. Sovereignty issue is part of the judgement. If this subservient regime claimed Talpatti as baseline and get the delimitation point west of the island then Bangladesh would have sovereign right over the island. Just like india will enjoy sovereignty over island as outcome of the judgement. South China sea is no where near relevant here.
I dont think India's position was tenable as Talpatti is a seasonal island, meaning it goes underwater often. However had India's position been taken, India would have gained a whole lot of maritime territory.

I would say pretty smart move by Bangladesh, to ensure that base position was on shore. BD maximized its gains by this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom