What's new

Blast in Lahore's Z Block area Reported

When the purpose of terrorism is to create chaos and unrest then viable target remains the country at whole and any soft place within country to do so. Malfunction of bomb stored there to use later, I don't know how this come into consideration to discuss at all. The place is not some abandoned structure that terrorists can use it as a store so either it was terrorism or something else like incident.
I live in DHA and I know the place very well. the blast took place in an under construction building. There are many places just a step away from the building that were full of people if it was terrorist why those places not targeted and this under construction building was targeted? I have a valid question. there is Gloria jeans just steps away gorment grill bandu khan banks why were thay not targeted and an empty building?

When the purpose of terrorism is to create chaos and unrest then viable target remains the country at whole and any soft place within country to do so. Malfunction of bomb stored there to use later, I don't know how this come into consideration to discuss at all. The place is not some abandoned structure that terrorists can use it as a store so either it was terrorism or something else like incident.
The fact that the building was under construction made me think of it as a less lucrative target for the terrorists as compared to others available in the vicinity.

I live in DHA and I know the place very well. the blast took place in an under construction building. There are many places just a step away from the building that were full of people if it was terrorist why those places not targeted and this under construction building was targeted? I have a valid question. there is Gloria jeans just steps away gorment grill bandu khan banks why were thay not targeted and an empty building?

Million $s questions indeed and have to wait for details hence, my previous post especially the last line.

AN under construction building has all sorts of people entering at all hours, might have been best bet, anyone else would have been caught? :unsure:

The location does not seem to be a viable target for a terror strike. So either a generator or a malfunctioning bomb, originally meant for some other target.

Umm... Let me correct you, terrorism is all about Psychological warfare. The use of force to bring attention to political/religious views, in such attacking a posh up market area of Lahore sends a very powerful psychological message. If "Fortress Punjab" is not safe, how can you secure the rest of the country.

Don't believe me, just read the last couple of pages and comments by lay members here :).

The fact that the building was under construction made me think of it as a less lucrative target for the terrorists as compared to others available in the vicinity.

You have been replied in above post, read & try to understand.

Ball bearing damage is not visible, blast seem to have occurred inside the building, since the building was under renovation, it couldn't have been the target. Very strange..

yaar this is NOT THE POINT. I am not at the site to state what it was. My point is that 7 people are dead!! Many injured!! I am not so sure if this is the right time to start saying that since it is not a bomb blast or a terrorist activity so no problem at all. That too by none other than our (sadly) law minister!! COME-ON!! PEOPLE ARE DEAD! It is time to support and mourn them rather than being happy that "its not my fault"

The media, the harami media must also act responsible (which they NEVER will) and avoid creating sensationalism out of such sad incidents.
Yes we have to mourn them. But it is about over all impact on society we are fighting such brutal war that even accidents starts looking like positive news.

Whatever it was, The war is in our home. Today again 8-10 families lost their loved ones. Please spare some time to feel the sorrows of victim families. Its a high time to think again about our collective mistakes and bad decisions in the past. Terrorists are bleeding us yet again with "broken back"....

Last edited:
Umm... Let me correct you, terrorism is all about Psychological warfare. The use of force to bring attention to political/religious views, in such attacking a posh up market area of Lahore sends a very powerful psychological message. If "Fortress Punjab" is not safe, how can you secure the rest of the country.

Don't believe me, just read the last couple of pages and comments by lay members here :).

What he meant was that there were buildings nearby where the damage (both to property and to human life) could have been much more --- so why choose an under construction building?

It could either be easier access to plant 8-10KG worth of explosives --- or it was in deed a generator/cylinder given the proximity to lots of restaurants with barely any safety regulations.

Back
Top Bottom