What's new

Blast in Karachi targets CID

15 dead, over 50 injured in Karachi blast

HugeblastinCIDbuildingrocksKarachimanyinjured_16476.jpg

At least fifteen people have been killed and many others are reportedly injured in an explosion taken place near the PIDC building on Club Road in Karachi. Initial reports suggest that the explosion targeted the DIG CID’s office in the area. The intensity of the explosion was such that it was heard for many kilometers around and nearby buildings have been damaged. The explosion took place in a very busy area. Other than the PIDC building, there is also the Chief Minister House, Governor House, Pearl Continental Hotel and Sheraton in the area.

15 dead, over 50 injured in Karachi blast | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

Updated at: 2056 PST, Thursday, November 11, 2010

15 dead, 48 wounded in Karachi blast KARACHI: At least 15 people have been killed and 48 others sustained injuries in a powerful blast at CID building located in a very sensitive area of the metropolis, Geo News reported Thursday.

The powerful blast brought down the whole building of Central Investigation Department (CID) located in the most sensitive area in the central area of the metropolis.

A powerful shock wave released by the blast also shattered windowpanes ... Full Story

Ahmad the officials of law enforcement agencies are also innocent who are feared to lost lives.

Absolutely, there is no doubt about, they also got families, sis, bro etc. But since it is their job, they probably expect things like this, but someone who sells something by the street doestn expect all these.

Half of the Karachi listened the sound of blast .. my brother was outside the market & after the sound someone said me that blast occurs just outside the market ... i was very scared back then .. but thank to Allah my brother returned very soon ...

There are mostly women and children among 60 injured people brought to hospital.

8 are confirmed dead.

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Last edited by a moderator:
I really do not understand how it is possible that they always get so near to these high value targets with these huge carbombs.

Are they giving bribes to policemen manning the checkpoint on the roads? This should be investigated, because this happening to often.

it was a massive blast we are appx 30 kms away , it felt like an earth quake ...

I seriously hope that the b@stards sitting in their castles will just grow some b@lls and let the army handle these scumbags. Seal the major cities and just run havoc on these pathetic animals. For once now dont make this whole issue political, every city every town every street let it be Karachi, Peshawar, or Lahore or any other city! when it gets attacked its an attack on Pakistan. Lets fight these morons who are the enemy of Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom