What's new

Blast in Karachi targets CID

Well, you need to read how the US funds are reaching the Taliban hands, plus you also need to read how the drug trade is filling the coffers of the Taliban and then the money sent to them from abroad through the AQ guys.

And had Pakistan been supplying them weapons, all the official land routes are under the control of Afghanistan forces and US/NATO forces, they can off course detect them if they want, plus they have the best surveillance equipment, if they had wanted, they can off course provide evidence to Pakistan in the form of video or even attack those convoys from air, through ambushes etc etc and implicate Pakistan.

Also, you need to see the Iran supplying weapons to Taliban stories and see what is in them.

International arms dealers have no nationality, they damn care who gets killed from their weapons, even if they are their own countrymen, as long as they have money. And Afghan Taliban are making plenty of money from within Afghanistan to beg us to give them support.

I am for one glad that, we are talking outside the realm of proponderous conspiracy theories and in the realm of reasonable conspiracy theories.(if there exist such a jargon)

You have dropped many hints on who might be responsible, namely:

Illicit drug trade, Al-Qaeda, Iran, International arm dealers, US.

Barring US every other supplier is equally liable to supplying both AT and TTP.

Terminology which stands out in Illicit drug trade is the word trade.
As we already know majority of Afghan trade takes place through Pakistan.

International arms dealers, though it sounds reminiscent of Lord of War movie, but still is plausible option, however it can again be pointed out that majority of consignments(weapons or normal) go from karachi through Pakistani tribal areas to Afghanistan.

Iran might be supplying out of its spite for US, but Shia Iran has serious ideology differences from Sunni Taliban, even in the day when Taliban ruled Afghanistan, Iran never gave it acceptance to Taliban regime. To me it sounds more like what Neocons would rather want to believe, as a means to support their ends in Iran.

use ur mind.

If 'using my mind' means nodding my head to conspiracy theories about Blackwater having done this, or CIA orchestrating this, hence putting the blame for domestic failures on the "free world", then I prefer not to 'use my mind'.

I am for one glad that, we are talking outside the realm of proponderous conspiracy theories and in the realm of reasonable conspiracy theories.(if there exist such a jargon)

You have dropped many hints on who might be responsible, namely:

Illicit drug trade, Al-Qaeda, Iran, International arm dealers, US.

Barring US every other supplier is equally liable to supplying both AT and TTP.

Terminology which stands out in Illicit drug trade is the word trade.
As we already know majority of Afghan trade takes place through Pakistan.

International arms dealers, though it sounds reminiscent of Lord of War movie, but still is plausible option, however it can again be pointed out that majority of consignments(weapons or normal) go from karachi through Pakistani tribal areas to Afghanistan.

Iran might be supplying out of its spite for US, but Shia Iran has serious ideology differences from Sunni Taliban, even in the day when Taliban ruled Afghanistan, Iran never gave it acceptance to Taliban regime. To me it sounds more like what Neocons would rather want to believe, as a means to support their ends in Iran.

Iran support of Taliban
read this
Iran training Taliban fighters to use surface-to-air missiles | Washington Examiner

If 'using my mind' means nodding my head to conspiracy theories about Blackwater having done this, or CIA orchestrating this, hence putting the blame for domestic failures on the "free world", then I prefer not to 'use my mind'.

Irony with Pakistan is that from its birth it was controlled. We had a third rate elite which was cheap enough for any one with money to buy.
I reckon that our elite made this atomsphere where any virus had ideal conditions to reproduce and get strong. 90 % fault lies with us. But 10 percent credit goes to forces who want us to end. they are doing every thing for their gains.
Btw what black water and dencop is doing is now not a consiperecy but a factual thing.
The Privatization of War: Mercenaries, Private Military and Security Companies (PMSC)

You said that TTP thugs receive a huge part of their finances from Karachi. What do you mean by that?

I was talking about this. Financing Terrorism: Show Me The Money

Due to lack of determination and proper strategy we have failed to stop their finances from inside and outside the Pakistan. Criticizing Zia might be easy but the fact is that if we had a proper strategy and will to fight these thugs we would have definitely avioded many terrorist attacks like this one. :angry:

Wonder when the govt will wake up from it's never ending ignorance.:frown:

If Iran is indeed supporting AfghanTaliban, it can be also argued Iran might also be supporting TTP? After all majority of American supplies pass through Pakistan. Hurting American objectives in Pakistan(namely Karachi from where all the supplies originate) will be on list of targets.

there is a big difference between TTP and Afghan Taliban.
TTP follow Takfir and at present non Takfiries are their targt in Pakistan. where as Afghan Taliban only became anti Iran when they completely become under influence of Al Qaeda.

Mullah Omers letter to Shanghai conference is intresting letter to read. He plainly said Afghan taliban had only Afghanistan centric agenda and they wish to be frendly with neighbors.

I think the "afghan taliban" call themselves the "Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan" hence it follows that their aims are geographically limited....

wrt "Bill"'s comment of the cheap elite - we need to remember this "elite" was already made up of collaborators - after 1857 the "native" society was completely re moulded by the British Empire - native's were given privileges and unleashed to rule the local population on the behalf of the empire - they were given freedom of action to do what they wanted, within the broad parameter of keeping the populace under control. The Empire had at least two benefits:
1. they did not have to deal directly with the locals. all acts of commission and omission were laid at the doors of the "native elite".
2. if anything went wrong they Empire could step in as the benevolent "humanitarian" and "civilized" guarantors of peace and civility.

I think the people do not realize that the original local civilization was eradicated after 1857....we just have the empires version of what happened.

All the agricultural and trading houses are there because they collaborated with the occupiers and got concessions in return. Hence the total lack of shame and servility to their imperial masters and the rapacity in their character - it has become part of their genes now - "Sir XYZ" indeed.

regarding economics that how the empire took over Egypt in the 19th century.

POSSIBILITIES

urea nitrate is a fertilizer-based high explosive that has been used in improvised explosive devices.

It has a destructive power similar to better-known ammonium nitrate explosives, with a velocity of detonation between 11,155 ft/s (3,400 m/s) and 15,420 ft/s (4,700 m/s).

Production is by nitration of urea using nitric acid. This is an exothermic reaction, so steps must be taken to control the temperature. Presence of sulfuric acid during the nitration catalyzes the reaction, although this is not necessary.

The fertilizers are available in conventional 50kg bag having price ranging from 750-1000 in the market.
Almost pure nitric acid can be made by adding sulfuric acid to a nitrate salt, and heating the mixture with an oil bath. A condenser is used to condense the nitric acid fumes that bubble out of the solution.

2 NaNO3 + H2SO4 → 2 HNO3 + Na2SO4

This sulphuric acid can be easily taken from any car battery.Explosions may be initiated using a blasting cap.

By trigger mechanisms
Command wire improvised explosive device (CWIED)

An IED utilizing and electrical firing cable which affords the user complete control over the device right up until the moment of initiation.

Radio controlled improvised explosive device (RCIED)

The trigger for this IED is controlled by radio link. The device is constructed so that the receiver is connected to an electrical firing circuit and the transmitter operated by the perpetrator at a distance, A signal from the transmitter causes the receiver to trigger a firing pulse which operates the switch. Usually the switch fires an initiator; however, the output may also be used to remotely arm an explosive circuit. Often the transmitter and receiver operate on a matched coding system which prevents the RCIED from being initiated by spurious radio frequency signals.An RCIED can be triggered from any number of different mechanisms including car alarms, wireless door bells, cell phones, pagers and encrypted GMRS radios.

Cell phone RCIED
A radio-controlled IED incorporating a cell phone which is modified and connected to an electrical firing circuit. Cell phones operate in the UHF band in line of sight with base transceiver station (BTS) antennae sites. Commonly, receipt of a paging signal by phone is sufficient to initiate the IED firing circuit.

Victim-operated improvised explosive device (VOIED)

These are designed to function upon contact with a victim; also known as booby traps. VOIED switches are often well hidden from the victim or disguised as innocuous everyday objects. They are operated by means of movement. Switching methods include tripwire, pressure mats, spring-loaded release, push, pull or tilt. Common forms of VOIED include the under-vehicle IED (UVIED) and improvised landmines.

This is the only viable solution that looks plausible to make a bomb as big as nearly 1 tonne of explosives.And urea is the only abundant and cheapest solution that can be used.

If we look at the recent event at Metropoliton in NewYork large amount of urea is captured from the house of Faisal Shahzad, which strongly suggests that the terrorists are using urea as a working substance.This is the only example in which investigations give us some idea on how they are organizing their plans.In Pakistan 100s of bombs are detonated with in these years and not a single concrete investigation has been taken out which help lead us in certain directions.That is the only reason why they are keep getting succesful and we are keep on failing.

furthermore one conclusion is very evident in my opinion which suggests that their is a strong possibility that the bomb is being made in Karachi or in interior Sindh, because it cannot be transported from all the way to Khyber.It will be too risky for them to do.

This is just the one Possibility but if we do not look around in circles we can clearly see the others possibilities as well.

Another possibility which raises many doubts are the missing Nato containers with this span of time.No investigation in these area have been done by our agencies.Which raises huge question marks.........

I salute to the brave forces and law enforcing agencies who fought the millitants well and gave their lives. After every dust there is a dawn and these CIA/RAW supported millitants will be defeated in Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom