What's new

Blast in Cannt area: Multan

rough estimates that explosives of 800-1000KG used in the blast.

Koi Hath peaer bhe hilao Dua he krte rahe kia?

Rehman Malik must Resign, Enough is enough...

Not only rehman Malik, I think zardari sahib and all his company should resign now. They have been given ample time by the people of pakistan to show their capability in governing Pakistan which is totally null.

So at least now they should have mercy on poor civilians by resigning .

Apparently two scumbags arrived in a Honda car, one of them got out and tried to storm through the gate, the alert security guard promptly wasted him, then the guy in the car detonated his explosives.
12 confirmed dead, some still buried under the rubble.

how they were able to bring that much explosives inside the city.:what:
There must be some one from our own people who are helping these terrorists .

Not only rehman Malik, I think zardari sahib and all his company should resign now. They have been given ample time by the people of pakistan to show their capability in governing Pakistan which is totally null.

So at least now they should have mercy on poor civilians by resigning .

I think public should come out and take control of security and justice, GOP and security forces both failed to provide security.

Some big game is going on -----

Well to me security people are sacrificing their lives everyday just to protect pakistan. Its our government fault which is going against the decisions of security forces just to make other countries happy and to keep their seats safe .

Everyone knows that army is also now against our government
Current government decisions forced our military to react on KL bill as well.
From this thing we can judge the differences between our military and government. Due to this there is lack of communication between security people and government officials, which is a big lapse in security

Last edited:
how they were able to bring that much explosives inside the city.:what:
There must be some one from our own people who are helping these terrorists .

Agreed - I would speculate that most of the recent attacks on security and military complexes are getting support from elements currently inside the security establishment (or previously associated with it) in terms of provision of safe houses, procurement and storing of weapons/explosives, logistics, and intel on target layout/location.

I was in Multan a few weeks back. This blast took place near Qasim Army Aviation Base. Just got off the phone with one of my source who's commanding a squadron at the base. According to him the blast was so powerful that every single window on the base is now in pieces. One can only imagine what kind of powerful material the terrorists must have used to target the building.

...then you know that there are many army pickets on the main road manned by MPs and then a few yards away, there is a toyota hi-ace with a MG mounted. unfortunately the MPs are not conducting the 'search' of vehicles as they should (thouroughly). the practice is very 'casual'. this has to stop. it dosnt matter if the 'search' they conducts creates a traffic jam. it will force people to take alternate routes away from the cantt area!!!!

You know where we lack?

We as a nation, including myself very conveniently point fingers at others and ask for resignations but we won't do anything ourselves except for sitting in our houses and blaming others.

Just take the blackwater article posted on this thread earlier as an example. The houses being given on rent are owned by Pakistanis, the ex-security officials being recruited are Pakistanis, the companies giving advertisements in the News papers are owned by Pakistanis and the news papers are also owned by Pakistanis

For heavens sake, we all know that the politicians are a bunch of incompetent and corrupt fools so why should we expect anything from them or from the ones who will replace them, they are tried and tested more then a couple of times.

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it.
To dare: that is the whole secret of revolutions and in retrospect, all revolutions seem inevitable. Beforehand, all revolutions seem impossible.

I'm supporter of the Democracy but may be its time for 'Marshal Law'/Military rule.enough is enough. some butt-kicking time now. what say you?

my 'emotions' also concur with the above, but the military is not in a position to 'run' the country and 'fight' a insurgency at the same time - then the army will be blamed again for the country's ills. the civilian security set-up has to step-up. intell reports are not being followed through to ascertain if the danger is true/imminent or its a rumour.

my 'emotions' also concur with the above, but the military is not in a position to 'run' the country and 'fight' a insurgency at the same time - then the army will be blamed again for the country's ills. the civilian security set-up has to step-up. intell reports are not being followed through to ascertain if the danger is true/imminent or its a rumour.

then army should use following quote of the Chanakya.

Even if a snake is not poisonous, it should pretend to be venomous. ;) I hope you understood.

Bomb blast in Multan leaves 12 dead

MULTAN: A bomb explosion at a security check post in Multan Tuesday killed at least 12 people and injured 18 others.

The explosion took place at the security post in the Qasim Bela area of Multan cantonment and damaged several buildings.

‘We have recovered 12 dead bodies and more than 18 injured. Most of the dead are civilians,’ said emergency services official doctor Kaleemullah, who was at the site of the blast.

‘There were also some security men among the dead. This building belongs to the army. It's badly damaged.’

Multan's police chief Saood Aziz told AFP the explosives appeared to have been planted in a small pick-up truck, but it was not immediately clear if it was a suicide attack, while the exact target was also unknown.

Multan is in Punjab province, which is still reeling from twin bomb blasts in its capital Lahore on Monday that killed at least 49 people and wounded 150 more at a busy market in the centre of the city.

This is also the first time Multan has been hit during a surge of violence that began in October and has already killed more than 400 people.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom