What's new

BJP expresses solidarity with Israel

Israel would give us support in a situation with Pakistan arab nations mean only oil and oil only Libya sent fighter jets in support of Pakistan in the 1971 war Iraq was the only Arab country that supported India we even trained their MiG-21 pilots some 30 odd years ago.

i hope that BJP comes to power in 2014 with Modi as PM

There you go.At the end of the day you people will back the Muslim side rather than the right side. So pls don't also expect us to back you blindly also (FYI for the sake of Arabs we didn't recognized Israel upto 1991 and you people took our support for granted)
Personally for me Israel is more important from the view of national security and they along with Russia are only countries that stood by us in the hour of need.
Thats also absolutely untrue, I think that Pakistan is the right side (for now) and it wouldn't dare to be the aggressive side. I am not interested in discussing the details here anyway. If Arabs hate India because its the enemy of Pakistan they wouldn't deal with India. For me Indians are very nice and peaceful people.

Israeli citizens have been targeted by terrorists while they were in our country as our guests and so deserve our concern and sympathy. Yes we express our solidarity towards Israel. But this solidarity is not at the expense of Iran. Iran is also a friend and has been a friend for a long time. Why should we chose between Israel and Iran? Both are our friends. We are being pushed to take sides. We are being pushed to discard Iran's friendship and this pressure is getting stronger all the time. I hope that we can resist this pressure and are able to remain friends to both Israel and Iran.

Thats also absolutely untrue, I think that Pakistan is the right side (for now) and it wouldn't dare to be the aggressive side. I am not interested in discussing the details here anyway. If Arabs hate India because its the enemy of Pakistan they wouldn't deal with India. For me Indians are very nice and peaceful people.

Either you are too naive or have no idea about the 4 wars we fought with Pakistan. Eventhough Arabs didn't helped us in the past , I have nothing against them..but don't expect us to sacrifice our relations with Israel inorder to please Arabs or we can if you can sell us ..lets say...Greenpine Radar.;)

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

Israeli citizens have been targeted by terrorists while they were in our country as our guests and so deserve our concern and sympathy. Yes we express our solidarity towards Israel. But this solidarity is not at the expense of Iran. Iran is also a friend and has been a friend for a long time. Why should we chose between Israel and Iran? Both are our friends. We are being pushed to take sides. We are being pushed to discard Iran's friendship and this pressure is getting stronger all the time. I hope that we can resist this pressure and are able to remain friends to both Israel and Iran.

Its a question of OIL vs Highly sophisticated technology and know how

We have excellent relations with many Arab nations. We also have good relations with Israel and Iran. All these relations are mutually exclusive and one on one.

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

Either you are too naive or have no idea about the 4 wars we fought with Pakistan. Eventhough Arabs didn't helped us in the past , I have nothing against them..but don't expect us to sacrifice our relations with Israel inorder to please Arabs or we can if you can sell us ..lets say...Greenpine Radar.;)

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

Its a question of OIL vs Highly sophisticated technology and know how

Yes, and we need both don't we?

We like India, There are millions of Indian workers in Arab world and billions of economic exchange, but if we have to back someone it would absolutely be Pakistan. I think Arab countries tried to alleviate the tensions between the two countries. Pakistanis are our brothers.

And Israelis ours. I think this is the time when i say GTFO, and you issue a fatwa.

I would prefer knowledge over oil any time. We can arrange oil from somewhere else but Greenpine radar...I don't think not every body makes them.

I would like to keep Iran as a friend for oil, for keeping Pakistan from getting too comfortable in its neighbourhood and to be able to bypass Pakistan for access to Afghanistan and through Iran into Central Asia. I would also like to keep Israel as a friend for the reason that you have given. My question is, why can't I keep both?

I think Arabs don't care much about your relations with Israel but if they feel this relationship is becoming a threat to them, they have the right to cut economic relationships with India and fully backing Pakistan, and here India will be the side who loses too much not Arabs. As you know Arabs were in their hardest time in 1971 due to the wars with Israel, So they don't had time to even think about your wars. As I said its better to alleviate the tension between India and Pakistan and not to back one country against the another one.

I would like to keep Iran as a friend for oil, for keeping Pakistan from getting too comfortable in its neighbourhood and to be able to bypass Pakistan for access to Afghanistan and through Iran into Central Asia. I would also like to keep Israel as a friend for the reason that you have given. My question is, why can't I keep both?

It will be a triumph of our diplomacy if we can keep both but personally if told to chose one..Israel all the way. Its bcs as I said before... knowledge over oil.

Also I don't understand why this all buzz about CA when Africa is where we should concentrate. Its a wild land..but we could the pioneers. Not to mention many African countries have significant population of Indian ethnicity making our entry far easier. Also Africa can offer us what CA cannot..vast agricultural lands.

I think Arabs don't care much about your relations with Israel but if they feel this relationship is becoming a threat to them, they have the right to cut economic relationships with India and fully backing Pakistan, and here India will be the side who loses too much not Arabs. As you know Arabs were in their hardest time in 1971 due to the wars with Israel, So they don't had time to even think about your wars. As I said its better to alleviate the tension between India and Pakistan and not to back one country against the another one.

Look buddy, if you have been reading my posts, you would understand the strategic focus of the government of India. Presently our west Asian foreign policy is based on three pillars which may include a fourth in the near future. These three pillars are Israel, Saudi Arabia and Iran. The fourth pillar which may develop soon is Turkey and we are working in that direction. This is not a new policy of India but one that we have been following for many decades. If Saudi Arabia and the other Gulf states are OK with our friendship with Israel and Iran, why are you getting worked up?

nothing of that sort wud happen...india is very well experienced in such stuff...it was frenz with both ussr and usa during cold war....china and japan now....or china and vietnam....iran and israel...

the best part is india never goes beyond bilateral alliances...this has earned india a place in the world where no1 can question it or instruct it on "either them or us" philosophy....india works on its own interests without compromising on relations

Pakistan received massive aid from Arab countries during the 1971 war including Jordan.

It has been documented that President Nixon requested Iran and Jordan to send their F-86, F-104 and F-5 fighter jets in aid of Pakistan

Indo-Pakistani War of 1971 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and also there was another war in 1999.

If I am not wrong Pakistan also receives oil at a subsidy or on soft loan.

It will be a triumph of our diplomacy if we can keep both but personally if told to chose one..Israel all the way. Its bcs as I said before... knowledge over oil.

Also I don't understand why this all buzz about CA when Africa is where we should concentrate. Its a wild land..but we could the pioneers. Not to mention many African countries have significant population of Indian ethnicity making our entry far easier. Also Africa can offer us what CA cannot..vast agricultural lands.

Your first point - as they say, Inshallah.
Your second point - we are already importing oil from Nigeria. But that part of the world is very unstable and prone to civil wars, genocides, spreading influence of Al Qaeda etc etc. GOI is investing very heavily in Africa along with the private sect. But CAR is our neighbourhood. Remember, any place we neglect, we allow China to walk in and then that place is barred to us. It has happened many times due to laziness of bureaucrats. We need our foot prints and much more in CAR.
CAR is far better than North Africa as an energy source. Crude is far easier and cheaper to refine and cheaper to transport. This is also where we can leverage our friendship with Russia and Iran and we are doing this.

Pakistan received massive aid from Arab countries during the 1971 war including Jordan.

Indo-Pakistani War of 1971 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and also there was another war in 1999.

If I am not wrong Pakistan also receives oil at a subsidy or on soft loan.

EXACTLY. Bro that is one of the very reasons for India putting in a lot of effort to make friends in west Asia post 1971 so that this wouldn't happen again. You can be 100% sure that if we had a war tomorrow, most of the countries which helped Pakistan in 1971 would decline to help it now. That is why it is essential that we maintain excellent relations with west Asian countries. It would eat into Pakistan's support base. What do you think Mr Antony is doing in KSA now?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom