What's new

Biker's Lounge

IMG_4577.JPG

So this means that you have had 6 accidents within 3 years, well that is not a good score at all. When you ride a bike accidents are inevitable but we must ensure that we are fully protected, hence increase our chances of survival. I was involved in a pretty bad accident some 4 years back, and if I was not wearing my protective gear the results would have been far more destructive. I had stopped riding over the weekends in my biker groups as I have personally witnessed several accidents with fatalities and lost two of friends to such accidents. I would just head to the track to quench any of my thirsts for speed and competition but not on public roads. All I can advise you is this, do not get carried away with your machine, respect your machine and know your limitations. If you do not have the skill dont push it, because you are gonna endup dead.

Moving up from 300CC to 650 is not a big deal but Supersports are a whole different ball game, they are not like your other street machines. I might be sounding like a broken record by now but they are made for one thing and one thing only, and that is speed and performance not just in straights but in corners as well. These machines can mince Litre bikes, if the rider had the skill but I have also witnessed these bikes kill riders who didnt had the skill and enough brain cells to know when to stop.

As for riding gear, these things are gonna set you cost some money but invest in gear, you never know they might save your life one day.

Just start your research, talk to other riders who own them in and around Pakistan, I am sure Pakwheels might have few, or you can also visit other forums. You are expected to be spending a million or more bucks on this one even if the bike is over a decade old so make sure you do your research. As for passion, dont take it the wrong way but you need to first develop your skill to ride such machines, dont expect that just by riding it you can develop it especially if there are no race tracks to go to, or any expert classes being offered.

My advise still is buy a machine that you develop your skill at first, learn to maintain it once you have the discipline you can move to such machines. I have watched too many young weekend riders demise on such machines, just because they had the money to buy one, but not the ability or skill.

Good luck.
Yes it is a bad score and I improved alot and brought it to zero this year and then switched to car. The other things is that, I understand that it is a matter of life and death and I have also lost some friends and that is why I improved.
I totally agree to you about developing skills and the safety measures, I look forward to be a descent biker and not some lame guy with zero talentIWill also keep it on the minimal risking level. it is all about the patience and calmness, i lost it the moment I freaked.
In the begging it was all about the top speed, I started from GS 150 and used to do a full meter on shahrahe faisal every day then 200 and then 300 but as I got matured and saw a friend dying in the hospital, I realized that this is not a game it is a reality and you can die in a reality and that was the moment when I started to concentrate on my skills and Allhamdullilah it's zero this year like they say "Speed thrills but it kills".
Inshallah I am totally going for the safety kit and all the measures required
I have a biker friends who owns R6 but he is kind of a rude guy doesn't shares much about the bike and parts etc , pakwheel forum is a good idea but a physical biker group is more motivating and easy to interact with.
thank you again for these mature and responsible advises, It is great talking to you

Not just service, but valve checks as well, including a complete readout of the before and after clearances and shims used. On some bikes the interval can be as short as 12k miles, and new shims are quite expensive. The old ones should not be lapped to reduce their thickness as it removes the hard coating.

Banned? Motorcycles are still importable with relatively high tax rates AFAIK.

yes the shims i'll keep in mind. Yeah I heard it's banned, ill confirm it.

A real estate agent looking to buy a 600 cc bike for traveling would count as a rich guy in Pakistan, I would still think. It is a good thing, let me add.

:omghaha: you need to meet her parents and tell them this in their face because they are taking lightly !!!

:omghaha: you need to meet her parents and tell them this in their face because they are taking lightly !!!

Better yet, get a new R6. Or a Hayabusa. That'll prove it. Plus all the taxes.

x
x
x

PW-PIMA-001.jpg

Nice1, yours ?

They're really cool bikes, these big 1200cc adventure tourers etc but there is a downside to touring solo with them, you're fucked if they tip over in a deep puddle or something and you're by yourself.

Get a cheap desi made RE Himalyan instead... sasti, tikau, and easy to handle :D

I've been following her adventures, cool woman, good bike

Nice1, yours ?

They're really cool bikes, these big 1200cc adventure tourers etc but there is a downside to touring solo with them, you're fucked if they tip over in a deep puddle or something and you're by yourself.

Get a cheap desi made RE Himalyan instead... sasti, tikau, and easy to handle :D

I've been following her adventures, cool woman, good bike

One of the things taught at the BMW Performance Rider Academy is how to pick up these bikes when tipped over. It is surprisingly easy with the correct technique. There are also compact aids to help recover them if they go off the track. No problems at all.

Where the lighter bikes do have an advantage is on very technical or single track routes where momentum becomes important to manage. The Royal Enfield is not that much lighter than a GS (420 lbs vs 448 lbs dry) while the GS has four times the horsepower.

(Instead of a Himalayan, I use a KLR650 for the really rough tracks.)

All these great bikes have huge disadvantage in pakistan no spares r mechanic avaiable during any adventure tour...

One of the things taught at the BMW Performance Rider Academy is how to pick up these bikes when tipped over. It is surprisingly easy with the correct technique. There are also compact aids to help recover them if they go off the track. No problems at all.
yeah, how to pick up a bike is one of the most important things one can learn, powerlift, palms facing back and 'walk back' till it's up. A friend of mine actually dislocated a shoulder picking his (classic 500) up chest first.

Where the lighter bikes do have an advantage is on very technical or single track routes where momentum becomes important to manage. The Royal Enfield is not that much lighter than a GS (420 lbs vs 448 lbs dry) while the GS has four times the horsepower.
A GS1200 ?

I know the 310 is a direct competitor to the Himalyan in our local market, great bike, loses out in the pricing though.. just how it is here in the poor world lol

(Instead of a Himalayan, I use a KLR650 for the really rough tracks.)
n1, I'm obviously a bit of an RE fanboy :P

but really, they're good, they're cheap, super modable.. you basically buy a canvas when you get a 500, or even the twins or the Himalyan... get one, just for fun, don't waste your hate just because India ;)

yeah, how to pick up a bike is one of the most important things one can learn, powerlift, palms facing back and 'walk back' till it's up. A friend of mine actually dislocated a shoulder picking his (classic 500) up chest first.

A GS1200 ?

I know the 310 is a direct competitor to the Himalyan in our local market, great bike, loses out in the pricing though.. just how it is here in the poor world lol

n1, I'm obviously a bit of an RE fanboy :P

but really, they're good, they're cheap, super modable.. you basically buy a canvas when you get a 500, or even the twins or the Himalyan... get one, just for fun, don't waste your hate just because India ;)

Yes, the GS1200 is not very heavy and easier to pickup due to its design than many would suspect. (The 310 is too frantic.) I do like the RE bikes, and many of my friends have them. I bought the KLR before RE was available here, but I will consider it as an option when it is time to replace it. The KLR itself is not too far off a motorized donkey itself, BTW, but that can be a positive attribute quite often.

Back
Top Bottom