What's new

Bhasha Dam delayed till 2037

It is a rumour

Can't happen

We won't separate Brother - I ain't gonna let you go anywhere - You Sindhis are Family ! :kiss3:

As are the Baluch, Pukhtoons & the rest ! :)

Except Pukhtoons like @EyanKhan - His in-laws are Afghans tou woh sirf aur sirf apni Afghan Biwi key baatein suntaa haiii ! :(
Yes you wont let us go, After all Punjab is dependent on Sindh and Balochistan for Sea route. :whistle:

Pathetic, but there you are. Expect noting better from this government.

Water storage and preventing waste is the key here. Pakistan is one of the worst countries in the world for wasting water.
This is just a speculation but the financing isn't there yet!

They are trying for it , Dar will be making trips later this year to find financing though the controversial(or so created by our neighbour) makes it extremely hard to find financing for it especially considering our current global standing!

Ofcourse we would unless you agree to pay tribute :D

Actually Afghanistan will become our puppet , were the bigger nation now :)

Waise from where did Israel and America come in? :cuckoo: Have you been spending time with mullahs :lol:
Nah.. I am from the Anti-Mullah brigade, just added those two for the joke part. :haha:

Abeiii chup teraa paniii abhiii bund kar taa hunnn mein ! :bunny:
Kia tum apni Gas katwaanaa chahte ho? :P

Pathetic, but there you are. Expect noting better from this government.

Water storage and preventing waste is the key here. Pakistan is one of the worst countries in the world for wasting water.

@EyanKhan @A.Rafay - I was thinking that maybe we should take over Kashmiri Lands & build a couple of dams over there & if the Kashmiris complain we can threaten them with cutting their supply of Nihari ! :o:

Sounds like a good plan...ehhh ? :azn:

Good plan but whose financing the dams? can we also take money from them? :(

I say lets use Altaf Bhai to collect donations from extremely wealthy Kashmiris like @waz Bhai - Do you know he owns a Mansion in England that would make Buckingham Palace look like a shabby place & he doesn't use a napkin to wipe his hands after dinner...he uses a 100 pound note instead ! :o:

I was pretty excited when I first read about Basha dam in my 10th standard Pakistan studies book. it was in 2006, it was written Dam is under construction, it would make Pakistan prosperous. I guess in future my kids would be reading same things about Basha damn only in books :lol:

LOL put a box and you'll get the money ?
Nice job Sherlock , you solved the puzzle but seriously speaking if it were that simple wouldn't it have happened till now.

Were not talking about 1 lakh or 2 lakh but billions of dollars the same nation in which 80 percent of the people don't pay their taxes.
Your neighbour doesn't care because the whole world is ready to finance its projects and invest there , you on the other hand don't have that luxury.

Emotional speeches won't do jack for you , money/capital is a reality in this world and you need it. China won't do everything for you , you contradict yourself in your comment first you talk of asking China to fund it and then you say Pakistani people should do it ? So which one is it?

Willingness is there , the nooras would love this as a feather in their cap but the money is missing.

Whatever makes you satisfied.

There are 445 Madrassas in Lahore Alone, Single Madrassas monthly cost is from Average 20 Lacs/Monthly (I checked the register of Mardassas in Allama Iqbal Town). Do the maths, how much donation "Monthly" Comes from Lahore Alone. If we some how get donation from whole Pakistan, this can goes into billions Rupees, which should be good enough running cost to build the dam.

But my point wasn't that, literately. It was sarcastic line for Government, when they said we can't build the dam because of funds. I bet, much more is just goes into non-sense of Laptops schemes, which might be good when you are worried about earning the elections, but not for something big i.e. prosper Pakistan. My Expectations from SS were much higher when he build Kalma Chowk in no time. I was expecting he can pull out something like this from his sleves, when build Motorway from Faisalabad to Gwadar, or may be Building Rail track between kashghar to Gwadar, to generate Revenue for Pakistan. Which then could solve issue of Funds issues. I was expecting some kinds of revenue generated cities which will help Pakistan to grow.

The help Nawaz Have from KSA, Qatar, China, Internal Industrialists, he shouldn't be saying funds are issue. I will say again, willingness is getting into the way. Nothing more!!

“We are going into both projects simultaneously. Why should we waste time” making preparations for the Diamer-Bhasha project, he said at a news conference.

He said the USAID had been able to persuade the US Congress to approve $20 million for technical study of the Bhasha dam which was a big development. Earlier nobody ever talked about this project. This would be followed by more funding for construction of the dam, he said.

The minister said the Asian Development Bank which would be the lead financier of Diamer-Bhasha was studying its project structure. He said it was a big project that no one agency could finance.

“Then the World Bank will study it and it will take 2-3 years for the project to shape up.

“Therefore, I have decided we should immediately start work on the Dasu hydropower project” that could be initiated in six months without any major paper and technical work and start producing electricity from two or three units in three years, he said.

Dasu power project gets precedence over Bhasha - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Sounds like a sensible decision to me. Do Dasu now, because you can, and simultaneously start working on Diamer too. The water crisis and food shortage are inevitable, if current predictions hold, and will not be avoided if we simply wait on Diamer and begin its construction before Dasu. While waiting on Diamer we'll lose precious time which we can spend addressing the power shortages in the country by the construction of Dasu.

@EyanKhan @A.Rafay - I was thinking that maybe we should take over Kashmiri Lands & build a couple of dams over there & if the Kashmiris complain we can threaten them with cutting their supply of Nihari ! :o:

Sounds like a good plan...ehhh ? :azn:

You're not coming to AJK with those bloody dams. We already had enough with Mangla.:hitwall:

We're joining the Pakhtuns for mass disobedience. It's only going to benefit Punjab and Sind. :p:

This is just a speculation but the financing isn't there yet!

They are trying for it , Dar will be making trips later this year to find financing though the controversial(or so created by our neighbour) makes it extremely hard to find financing for it especially considering our current global standing!

Financing, ai, that is the key.....

As for Dar, good Lord. The man is a jester at best.

I say lets use Altaf Bhai to collect donations from extremely wealthy Kashmiris like @waz Bhai - Do you know he owns a Mansion in England that would make Buckingham Palace look like a shabby place & he doesn't use a napkin to wipe his hands after dinner...he uses a 100 pound note instead ! :o:

Bhai, you're going to take the bread out of the mouths of poor Pakistanis who I help around the clock (mashallah), let alone my family! Praise Allah I a great deal in my life and will share. No need to rob me.

By the way you wouldn't get far anyway. I have a solid sword and weapons collection that my grandfather started me on. I have a saying that you may be able to enter but you will never leave.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom