What's new

Behind the Pakistan F-16 deal, a tale of many wheels

I invite readers, Pakistani Indians and Chinese to examine whether Pakistani in particular but also India in general, understand exactly who and what is/are the enemy.

Instead of freeing themselves - and only a economically free peoples are a free peoples, Pakistanis seem just unable to see clearly who their enemy is -- OK, so use your US F16's on terrorists -- but basically you are using it as a bomb truck , that's an expensive bomb truck --

I invite readers, Pakistani Indians and Chinese to examine whether Pakistani in particular but also India in general, understand exactly who and what is/are the enemy.

Instead of freeing themselves - and only a economically free peoples are a free peoples, Pakistanis seem just unable to see clearly who their enemy is -- OK, so use your US F16's on terrorists -- but basically you are using it as a bomb truck , that's an expensive bomb truck --

I don't think we have doubt on who is our enemy, however we have no freaking clue on how we want to go about it....The whole approach to the problem is so directionless that it disgust me to a level that cannot be described in words...

In another thread i said the same thing yet repeating...Both US and China don't want rivalry b/w India and Pak to go...They also don't want it cross a particular threshold....PA will not want the rivalry to go either bciz they risk loosing their bread and butter...and Indians have no damn clue to what/how should we go about it....South Asia - an interesting region!!!!

There's nothing "old" or incapable about the F-16's delivered to, and operated by, the PAF.

Real-world results have shown the F-16 to be extremely capable. Real-world results from Sukhoi aircraft are pretty much non-existent.

F16 in the hand of potent pilot in no match for a F-18 which physically does not exists!

“We know many in Washington are dismayed by what they consider a juvenile reaction on Pakistan's part. The Pakistanis do not fully understand our requirements for sharing encrypted devices and need to be reassured that the aircraft will still fly without the cryptokeys.” (122429: secret)

Wtf is a cryptokey ? :confused:

Wtf is a cryptokey ? :confused:

Modern fighters have a number of highly classified devices on them. Some of them use portable data cards that by extension are also highly classified.

Lacking such a device means that (possibly) a particular system cannot be used. This isn't a shut-down dongle or anything. Hard to explain without revealing classified info.

PAF base shahbaz existed before too - it was upgraded to host those F-16s. Whatever the strings maybe , we can use this air craft against India in a war otherwise there would be no reason for buying this a/c.

One thing i cannot understand is that why india is scared of 18 F-16s anyway? :rolleyes:

Even if we have a nuke and you have a bow and arrow, we will and we should be 'wary' of you.

'Scared' is not the right word.

We're just being a smart enemy.

Even if we have a nuke and you have a bow and arrow, we will and we should be 'wary' of you.

'Scared' is not the right word.

We're just being a smart enemy.

Thats called Paraniod..looks like the ghost of Mohammed bin Qasim still haunts you :P

India has history of protest against Pak on any defence procurement. Even today Pak buy .303 rifle , India will protest.

who needs f-16s...IAF could have got it early if we needed it...it's a plane nearing it's end...F16 in US forces are being replaced by f22 and f35.. and they want to sell the old stuff to someone...
IAF rejected f18 and f16 after a very keen evaluation.....yes we don't have f16s and we won't have it bcoz IAF will have batter ones..

And for the time being, i hope you have heard of the Su30mkis.. that's more than enough for the so called f16 'threat'

And yet again my post in misinterpreted! Why am I not surprised??

Anyway to give you a clue to my earlier post, I was never trying to compare F-16's to Indian inventory, I was merely explaining the article. I am quite sure that IAF SU-30MKI are more capable then F-16's in PAF inventory. But in a combat, we may not really know who hold an advantage over the other unless they are explicitly tested against each other including all the support and logistics that would be available in real circumstances such as AEWACS, SAM sites, etc.

India needs to invest in low-cost fighters to replace Mig 21s... Pakistan has J-10s... Maybe India can also acquire them. LCA Tejas does not seem to be working out well for the IAF...

Back
Top Bottom