What's new

Bangladesh opposes the naming of West Bengal as Bangla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Pakistan should have gotten the whole of it just like kashmir and greater sindh.

Damn the brits
That's what Jinnah wanted. Along with his Mughal Corridor and Calcutta as a free port. Shame - I guess you can ask for anything you like. Doesn't mean you gonna get it

Just like babur and Aurangzeb
Those were Indian rulers of India. Nothing to do with Induranis of Pakistan.

There was nothing in your self-praising post which needs to be countered. If Bengalis was that much prospering and well off than they wouldn't have started demanding representations and quotas.

Not sure whether you have comprehension problems or imagining my posts without even reading. Where did I say Bengalis were prospering and well off?

You came up with idiotic thing that acronym of Pakistan is something to calm masses after 71, your country's foundation is based on fictions of 3 millions killed and raped and you are talking about history.

The foundation of our country is way beyond than a mere statistics. You won't understand for some obvious reasons.

The literacy rate of Pakistan at independence was barely 10%, I doubt even 5% of the population had read that pamphlet containing that funny acronym.

That's what Jinnah wanted. Along with his Mughal Corridor and Calcutta as a free port. Shame - I guess you can ask for anything you like. Doesn't mean you gonna get it

Common sense is what he demanded should prevail.

Anyhow Jinnah is dead. But Zaid Hamid seems to be in Prime of his Life.

Klingon history or stories like the Planet of apes are a good Time Pass.

Common sense is what he demanded should prevail.

Anyhow Jinnah is dead. But Zaid Hamid seems to be in Prime of his Life.

Klingon history or stories like the Planet of apes are a good Time Pass.
Who is Zaid Hamid? For us it doesn't matter. The faces keep changing thru coups and counter coups.

Of course they are good time pass. Not as much fiction as the Induranis of Pakistan insert into their "history" but still - kudos for wishful thinking.

Who is Zaid Hamid? For us it doesn't matter. The faces keep changing thru coups and counter coups.

Of course they are good time pass. Not as much fiction as the Induranis of Pakistan insert into their "history" but still - kudos for wishful thinking.

Sure man.

70 years of history can only be distorted slightly.

@Hasan89 meant the Muslims of Bengal before 1947. Was it not that they were at the forefront of Pakistan Movement when the Muslim Punjabis were sleeping at the feet of their Sikh Gurus. Check the result of the Provincial election of 1946. Except for Bengal, there was no other Muslim League govt in Quetta, Karachi, Lahore, and Peshawar or in any other Provinces of then India. Now, you have become the champion of Pakistan Movement, bloody idiots!!
800px-Indian_Provincial_Election_1946.svg.png

Lol... The amount of misinformation I see on this forum is abhorrent.

Not sure whether you have comprehension problems or imagining my posts without even reading. Where did I say Bengalis were prospering and well off?

The foundation of our country is way beyond than a mere statistics. You won't understand for some obvious reasons.

The literacy rate of Pakistan at independence was barely 10%, I doubt even 5% of the population had read that pamphlet containing that funny acronym.

Although, It's not surprise to see Bengali pulling up stats but the fact is that literacy rate of super-duper East Bengal was 21.5% while West Pakistan was 16.9% - that's not huuuuuuge difference but if you compare with Punjab then it was actually lower. Per capita income of richi rich Bengalis were lower than West Pakistan and they were even poorer compared to Punjab. Rest you can live in illusion of self-praising history.

Although, It's not surprise to see Bengali pulling up stats but the fact is that literacy rate of super-duper East Bengal was 21.5% while West Pakistan was 16.9% - that's not huuuuuuge difference but if you compare with Punjab then it was actually lower. Per capita income of richi rich Bengalis were lower than West Pakistan and they were even poorer compared to Punjab. Rest you can live in illusion of self-praising history.

Thank you for the correct stats, I stand corrected.

The literacy rate of entire Pakistan would be around 19% at independence, which means the significant majority of the population were not even capable of reading that pamphlet by Rahmat Ali, (the proportion is even higher in West Pakistan including Punjab for whom the pamphlet was written as you are suggesting). I would reiterate my doubt that even 5% of the population of Pakistan knew about that pamphlet.

PS: I don't think you're understanding what I'm arguing here as you have now started a weird dick measuring contest between East Bengal of 1947 and Punjab of 1947. Better not waste our time here.

LoL----. Note carefully about which party formed the government in different Provinces.

"The Congress formed its ministries in Assam, Bihar, Bombay, Central Provinces, Madras, NWFP, Orissa and United Provinces. The Muslim League formed its ministries in Bengal and Sind. A coalition consisting of the Congress, Unionist Party and the Akalis was formed in Punjab".

You guys are inept even to falsify data. Where did you find Muslim League formed govt in Lahore when the Muslims there were following the Sikh leadership. Muslim League won only 73 seats out of 175 in Punjab. But, after others formed Pakistan with sweat and blood the Punjabi Muslims became the Fathers and Uncles of Pakistan, and finally divided Pakistan into two. Congratulations!!!

Anyway, build up your nation same as we are doing. Your PM is in KSA with a bowl in hand asking for donations. No more jute money, is not it?

LoL----. Note carefully about which party formed the government in different Provinces.

"The Congress formed its ministries in Assam, Bihar, Bombay, Central Provinces, Madras, NWFP, Orissa and United Provinces. The Muslim League formed its ministries in Bengal and Sind. A coalition consisting of the Congress, Unionist Party and the Akalis was formed in Punjab".

You guys are inept even to falsify data. Where did you find Muslim League formed govt in Lahore when the Muslims there were following the Sikh leadership. Muslim League won only 73 seats out of 175 in Punjab. But, after others formed Pakistan with sweat and blood the Punjabi Muslims became the Fathers and Uncles of Pakistan, and finally divided Pakistan into two. Congratulations!!!

Anyway, build up your nation same as we are doing. Your PM is in KSA with a bowl in hand asking for donations. No more jute money, is not it?

You have to keep in mind that unlike Punjab, Bengal was already divided based on religion so it's natural for AIML to form government in east Bengal. AIML won all Muslim majority seats except 2 which Mullah party won. As I said earlier, British and Congress wasn't even ready to accept AIML representative of Indian Muslims let alone talking about division of India with them. Even if you were able to form Bangladesh without western provinces, India would have engulfed it like it dis with dozens of other princely states.

Thank you for the correct stats, I stand corrected.

The literacy rate of entire Pakistan would be around 19% at independence, which means the significant majority of the population were not even capable of reading that pamphlet by Rahmat Ali, (the proportion is even higher in West Pakistan including Punjab for whom the pamphlet was written as you are suggesting). I would reiterate my doubt that even 5% of the population of Pakistan knew about that pamphlet.

PS: I don't think you're understanding what I'm arguing here as you have now started a weird dick measuring contest between East Bengal of 1947 and Punjab of 1947. Better not waste our time here.

You don't give copies of party constitutions and manifesto to everyone to read in political campaigns, AIML employed all the tactics religious cards, Bridari card, Pirs, tribal elders, rallies, seminars, conferences, sending delegations to villages in her campaign to win over critical support of Punjabi Muslims.

True, while reading about Aurangzeb I was dumbfounded after learning that Pakistani and Afghan tribes were bigger enemies of Aurangzeb than Shivaji or Rajputs could ever be. They killed many of his prominent officers ... Now Aurangzeb is their Hero.

You have to keep in mind that unlike Punjab, Bengal was already divided based on religion so it's natural for AIML to form government in east Bengal. AIML won all Muslim majority seats except 2 which Mullah party won. As I said earlier, British and Congress wasn't even ready to accept AIML representative of Indian Muslims let alone talking about division of India with them. Even if you were able to form Bangladesh without western provinces, India would have engulfed it like it dis with dozens of other princely states.

You don't give copies of party constitutions and manifesto to everyone to read in political campaigns, AIML employed all the tactics religious cards, Bridari card, Pirs, tribal elders, rallies, seminars, conferences, sending delegations to villages in her campaign to win over critical support of Punjabi Muslims.
What was the voter turn out?

I have seen multiple Pakistani talk shows where speakers credited Bengalis for the creation of Pakistan. As far as I remember the story goes like this " Congress claimed they represent both Indian Hindus and Muslims and they want an Akhand Bharat where as ML claimed they represent Indian Muslims and they demand separate country. So It was essential for ML to defeat Congress in Muslim Majority areas . While Congress gained overwhelming majority in hindu areas , ML failed to get overwhelming majority in Present day Pakistan provinces instead they had to form coalition Govt, so failing in their objective of solely representing Muslims. Only in Bengal ML routed all other parties alone. Then came the infamous Direct action Day that showed the British a division was necessary"

I suspect the abased rhetoric in your post is because you know your argument is without merit. After the 1946 election, it was clear the AIML had the plurality of Muslim votes (75-86%) – Punjab, Bengal or otherwise. The only state it didn't have a majority of Muslim votes was NWFP which was comparatively politically backward.

You guys are inept even to falsify data. Where did you find Muslim League formed govt in Lahore when the Muslims there were following the Sikh leadership. Muslim League won only 73 seats out of 175 in Punjab.

Now this bit in particular is hilarious. Firstly, that's a very nice strawman you've erected there. Read the map again - it mentions the largest party, who are not necessarily guaranteed to form provincial governments. Secondly, Punjab was only slightly Muslim-majority, what were you expecting? For them to win all 175 seats? Need I remind you with your own stupid logic, AIML 'only' won 113 out of 250 seats in Bengal. And regardless of demographics, they were still the largest party in the Punjab assembly.

"Congress secured only 4577 votes out of a total of 10,39,249 Muslim votes in the Punjab, a mere 6%. The Muslim League secured the remaining 73 Muslim seats and in all 6,78,709 votes, 65.3% of the total." May I also remind you Congress put significant time and resources into Punjab which was considered crucial in this election (with Bengal effectively divided) to either provide or remove the legitimacy of the Pakistan issue.

So I fail to see how Muslim Punjabi's were worshipping Sikh's when the majority voted for the Muslim League and they won essentially all Muslim-majority districts and seats (73/75). Also, the ultimate fate of that short-lived coalition government was to be forced into effective dissolution due to Punjabi AIML's political agitation. Lastly, your premise about provincial government being an indicator of support is fundamentally foolish all things considered and strikes the wrong chord because in Jinnah's own words, "we are not fighting elections to form Ministries, we are fighting to get a verdict on the Pakistan issue." The provincial elections simply don't support your argument in this regard.

PS: my PM is Theresa May.

Last edited:
I have seen multiple Pakistani talk shows where speakers credited Bengalis for the creation of Pakistan. As far as I remember the story goes like this " Congress claimed they represent both Indian Hindus and Muslims and they want an Akhand Bharat where as ML claimed they represent Indian Muslims and they demand separate country. So It was essential for ML to defeat Congress in Muslim Majority areas . While Congress gained overwhelming majority in hindu areas , ML failed to get overwhelming majority in Present day Pakistan provinces instead they had to form coalition Govt, so failing in their objective of solely representing Muslims. Only in Bengal ML routed all other parties alone. Then came the infamous Direct action Day that showed the British a division was necessary"

That is just propaganda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom