What's new

Bangladesh Navy getting Hamilton class cutter USCG Dallas (WHEC-716)

So this will be the largest frigate in our navy right? :yahoo: can't wait to see it in our navy

whec725_jarvis.jpg

By tonnage it will be the largest ship. However,its capability will be very limited, therefore i doubt whether it can be called a frigate.

Since its being transferred to the navy we will need to add some teeth to it. This ship lacks SAM, anti ship missiles, anti sub capability. Plus the old body may become a concern. A near complete overhaul of the ship is needed.

By tonnage it will be the largest ship. However,its capability will be very limited, therefore i doubt whether it can be called a frigate.

Since its being transferred to the navy we will need to add some teeth to it. This ship lacks SAM, anti ship missiles, anti sub capability. Plus the old body may become a concern. A near complete overhaul of the ship is needed.

Can't we fit these systems into it?
These cutters did have anti-ship harpoon missiles. Also there seems to be enough space in the front for our SAM. Does it have enough space in the back for helipad? or an already existing one?

This was another hoax as there is no authoritive souce till todate to confirm this speculation. Also, this ship would be waste of money, effort and resource for BN. Not to mention introduction of interference.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Nigerian Navy is using it as frigate. BN classifies an LPC of 600 tn as corvette, in that sense we can term it destroyer ;) . It once had teeth so it can be fitted with some according to BN needs.

Can't we fit these systems into it?
These cutters did have anti-ship harpoon missiles. Also there seems to be enough space in the front for our SAM. Does it have enough space in the back for helipad? or an already existing one?

It has space for weapons and has a helipad. However i am more concerned about the fact that it is quite old thus reliability issues.

Nigerian Navy is using it as frigate. BN classifies an LPC of 600 tn as corvette, in that sense we can term it destroyer ;) . It once had teeth so it can be fitted with some according to BN needs.

There is no universal way of classifying a naval frigate. Oman classifies its 3000+ tn warship as corvette while we consider 600+ tn as corvette.

Anyway, it once had US teeth not chinese. I hope no compatibility issue comes up once we re-teeth this ship

It has space for weapons and has a helipad. However i am more concerned about the fact that it is quite old thus reliability issues.
What kind of issues may we face? And can they be solved by modification?

Bangladesh Navy ... it self it is jokes .... u people know what BD Navy are doing in BD..... They are doing all things except there main job :drag: I will give an example : * Dump management controller of Dhaka City Corporation ----BD navy *
I also have full menu ,what BD Navy are capable of ..:enjoy:

:crazy:

What a noob.

Cheers!!!

Update ..... Its not the Dallas , its the Jarvis that will be recieved by The Bangladeshi navy my Mid-2013

Back
Top Bottom