What's new

Bangladesh Navy getting Hamilton class cutter USCG Dallas (WHEC-716)

boltu

Reaction score
The Bangladesh Navy is all set to receive a Hamilton class cutter USCG Dallas (WHEC-716) from the USCG under the FMS program by 2012 or 2013. After arrival to Bangladesh the cutter will be upgraded to a guided missile frigate (equipped with 8 x C-802A SSM, FM-90N SAM, new generation torpedo, datalink and integrated combat suite.It was supposed to be given to Phillipines Navy but BD somehow managed to convince US.
It has been confirmed in the Manabzamin newspaper and in BD military forum.
General characteristics:

Displacement: 3,250 tons
Length: 378 ft (115 m)
Beam: 43 ft (13 m)
Draft: 15 ft (4.6 m)
Propulsion: Two diesel engines and two gas turbine engines
Speed: 29 knots (54 km/h)
Range: 14,000 mi (22,531 km)
Endurance: 45 days
Complement: 167 personnel
Sensors and
processing systems: AN/SPS-40 air-search radar
Armament: One OTO Melara MK-75 76mm gun, replacing the 5" gun, Two MK-38 25mm Machine gun system, Two MK 36 SRBOC systems, One Phalanx CIWS missile defense gun, along with multiple mounted M2HB .50cal machine guns and M240 7.62mm Machine guns.
a15o46.jpg

The Bangladesh Navy is all set to receive a Hamilton class cutter USCG Dallas (WHEC-716) from the USCG under the FMS program by 2012 or 2013. After arrival to Bangladesh the cutter will be upgraded to a guided missile frigate (equipped with 8 x C-802A SSM, FM-90N SAM, new generation torpedo, datalink and integrated combat suite.It was supposed to be given to Phillipines Navy but BD somehow managed to convince US.
It has been confirmed in the Manabzamin newspaper and in BD military forum.
General characteristics:

Displacement: 3,250 tons
Length: 378 ft (115 m)
Beam: 43 ft (13 m)
Draft: 15 ft (4.6 m)
Propulsion: Two diesel engines and two gas turbine engines
Speed: 29 knots (54 km/h)
Range: 14,000 mi (22,531 km)
Endurance: 45 days
Complement: 167 personnel
Sensors and
processing systems: AN/SPS-40 air-search radar
Armament: One OTO Melara MK-75 76mm gun, replacing the 5" gun, Two MK-38 25mm Machine gun system, Two MK 36 SRBOC systems, One Phalanx CIWS missile defense gun, along with multiple mounted M2HB .50cal machine guns and M240 7.62mm Machine guns.
a15o46.jpg

Finally you posted it :) . You told me that it is most likely be handed to bangladesh for free. Is it true?

Finally you posted it :) . You told me that it is most likely be handed to bangladesh for free. Is it true?
You made me to post that quick:agree:.Yes most likely it'll be given for free or i am not sure,may be have to wait for sometime.But US is going to decommission all their cutters and thats why may be they are giving these at a price of water or free...

10ggshi.jpg

You can also read something here..
Farewell to Dallas – A word from the commanding officer « Coast Guard Compass

Uruguay Nigeria were also interested in this ship and earlier USA had a presentation that this class is convertable to Frigate/OPV.

:yahoo:Bangladeshi nimitz. Hope we get it, should better than what the Chinese are offering.

I think there is a reason why the BD wanna buy this vessel

Dallas_Color.jpg

Look at the ship, it doesn't have much teeth. In order for the ship to be equipped with 8 x C-802A SSM, FM-90N SAM, new generation torpedo, datalink and integrated combat suite. It must be modified extensively.

Since the modification is gonna be done locally with the help of the chinese. I think Bangladesh is trying to gain knowledge on how to build frigates :) :)

6124-729227.jpg

I wonder where they are gonna place all the new weapons.

Uruguay Nigeria were also interested in this ship and earlier USA had a presentation that this class is convertable to Frigate/OPV.
It test fired Harpoon missile successfully...Btw i think yes Nigeria Navy has one of these

NIGERIAN NAVY ACQUIRE THE WARSHIP, USCGC CHASE (WHEC 718)…ONE OTHER HAMILTON-CLASS SHIP ALSO ACQUIRED! | Beegeagle's Blog
Beeg Eagle’s Blog can authoritatively report the fact , following exhaustive investigation into the affair, that the Nigerian Navy which appeared to have lost out to the Bangladesh Navy in the hunt for a pair of ex-British Royal Navy 1,850 ton, 85-metre Castle-class OPVs have actually gone one better and acquired one of the much larger USCG Hamilton-class cutters which will serve as an Offshore Patrol Vessel in the Nigerian Navy.

NNS Thunder
246m4vm.jpg

It test fired Harpoon missile successfully...Btw i think yes Nigeria Navy has one of these

NIGERIAN NAVY ACQUIRE THE WARSHIP, USCGC CHASE (WHEC 718)…ONE OTHER HAMILTON-CLASS SHIP ALSO ACQUIRED! | Beegeagle's Blog
Beeg Eagle’s Blog can authoritatively report the fact , following exhaustive investigation into the affair, that the Nigerian Navy which appeared to have lost out to the Bangladesh Navy in the hunt for a pair of ex-British Royal Navy 1,850 ton, 85-metre Castle-class OPVs have actually gone one better and acquired one of the much larger USCG Hamilton-class cutters which will serve as an Offshore Patrol Vessel in the Nigerian Navy

Those castle class patrol vessel are damn slow. We should have given the castle class ships to the nigerians and should have taken USCGC chase instead

Those castle class patrol vessel are damn slow. We should have given the castle class ships to the nigerians and should have taken USCGC chase instead

how do they compare to the ones that we are or will be getting from the chinese ?

I think there is a reason why the BD wanna buy this vessel

Dallas_Color.jpg

Look at the ship, it doesn't have much teeth. In order for the ship to be equipped with 8 x C-802A SSM, FM-90N SAM, new generation torpedo, datalink and integrated combat suite. It must be modified extensively.

Since the modification is gonna be done locally with the help of the chinese. I think Bangladesh is trying to gain knowledge on how to build frigates :) :)

6124-729227.jpg

I wonder where they are gonna place all the new weapons.
I think there is ample space in the front to place the FM-90 and the hangar can be sacrificed to place C-802As...

Look there is still a large empty space at the back,anything can be mounted there !!

23jqx00.jpg

LOL :tongue:

nbua84.jpg

how do they compare to the ones that we are or will be getting from the chinese ?

I assume "they" means the castle class patrol boats.

Well you cant really compare them. Cos they are of different roles. The chinese ones we will be getting are frigates and the castle class boats are patrol ships. If you want a definitive answer,the chinese ones are better, in terms of firepower, speed

Now we are also getting the cutters,,,quantity is itself is a quality:D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom