What's new

Bangladesh massively depends on India

Status
Not open for further replies.
got a source for your claim besides
You don't know where I got the figure??...the link in BOLD letters in my post would help.....sorry I can't make the link sparkle to make it catch your attention!

Well according to my research BD's total installed capcity is only 8000-9000MW out of which most plants are not functioning even at their 50% threshold. Maybe the rest comes from captive power plants and home generators. Anyways the numbers for BD are pathetic compared to even Pakistan.

2.Bangladesh consumes(or it did in 2009....it does more now) 23940 MW electricity(most of which it produces)(Bangladesh Electricity - consumption - Energy).........do you seriously think BD is going to shutdown without 500 MW??Yes India is the largest exporter of electricity to Bangladesh....but it would be foolish of anyone to think that BD 'massively depends' on India for its need.

You don't know where I got the figure??...the link in BOLD letters in my post would help.....sorry I can't make the link sparkle to make it catch your attention!

@karan21 your figure about Bangladesh is right.

What Anubis is quoting, is the energy consumption figure of 23.94 Billion kWh energy, which he has wrongly converted to 23940 MW of power. He doesn't understand the difference between kW and kWh I guess.

The figure of 23.94 Billion kWh is 23940000000 kWh. Now if we assume the power is supplied 365 days x 24 hours= 8760 hours, for that we ll need,

23940000000 kWh/ 8760h = 2732876 kW= 2732 MW of power.

This was in 2009, mind you, things have improved under Sheikh Hasina's Awami league government . This figure is probably not the installed capacity as not all of the installed capacity is available for power generation and neither is electricity provided 24 x 7 through out the year, not in Bangladesh. If we take all this into account your estimate of 8000-9000MW of installed capacity is in the right ball park.

Last edited:
@karan21 your figure about Bangladesh is right.

What Anubis is quoting, is the energy consumption figure of 23.94 Billion kWh energy, which he has wrongly converted to 23940 MW of power. He doesn't understand the difference between kW and kWh I guess.

The figure of 23.94 Billion kWh is 23940000000 kWh. Now if we assume the power is supplied 365 days x 24 hours= 8760 hours, for that we ll need,

23940000000 kWh/ 8760h = 2732876 kW= 2732 MW of power.

This was in 2009, mind you, things have improved under Sheikh Hasina's Awami league government . This figure is probably not the installed capacity as not all of the installed capacity is available for power generation and neither is electricity provided 24 x 7 through out the year, not in Bangladesh. If we take all this into account your estimate of 8000-9000MW of installed capacity is in the right ball park.

LMAO totally owned this guy. Good job!!! I am amused if not sad to see the Bdeshis spitting venom at India. These people don't understand thelanguage of trade and money.

Well according to my research BD's total installed capcity is only 8000-9000MW out of which most plants are not functioning even at their 50% threshold. Maybe the rest comes from captive power plants and home generators. Anyways the numbers for BD are pathetic compared to even Pakistan.

Your research is worth about a squat.

I do admit your work cited style might just work like a charm in India, but not in Pakistan Defence Forum, where a higher standard is expected.

I don't have all the time in the world to go through your not so impressive bulky source. A reference to the line, paragraph, and a page or URL would do wonders my friend !!!
The source i gave you has contents which clearly mentions GENERATION AND CAPACITY ADDITION,you could have seen it in few minutes.
Living in America doesnt mean you will have brains like them ;)

The source i gave you has contents which clearly mentions GENERATION AND CAPACITY ADDITION,you could have seen it in few minutes.
Living in America doesnt mean you will have brains like them ;)

You talking about brains my friend??!!I wonder what these idiots actually do in USA??Heck how the hell are the Americans tolerating these brain dead buffoons in the first place??

Truth is hard to suppress .:coffee:

what truth ? we import couple of billions of dollar of product from India does not mean we only can import them from India . one of the reason why we import from India is India can provide the good in short period of time and relatively cheaply .

what truth ? we import couple of billions of dollar of product from India does not mean we only can import them from India . one of the reason why we import from India is India can provide the good in short period of time and relatively cheaply .

India is a good source for Raw materials and is very important for BD as we are industrializing rapidly. Look at Japan they collect Raw material from China Australia than add value to that and re export. Besides people does not like to do any low level work in BD anymore so we have to outsource them too like cow rearing etc.

India is a good source for Raw materials and is very important for BD as we are industrializing rapidly. Look at Japan they collect Raw material from China Australia than add value to that and re export. Besides people does not like to do any low level work in BD anymore so we have to outsource them too like cow rearing etc.

True true, Bangladesh is becoming the high tech capital of South Asia, as you said its the Japan of South Asia

Its high end exports to India are,

Major Export Items in 2012-13 (In million US $):

Frozen Food (13.79); Agri-Products (109.49); Chemical Products (15.423); Leather (6.218); Raw Jute (78.392); Jute Goods (123.02); Knitwear (14.344); Woven Garments (60.869); Others (142.414) :sarcastic:

Whereas India's low tech, raw material export to Bangladesh include,

Major Import Items in 2011-12 (In million US $

Cotton (all types), cotton yarn / thread and cotton fabrics (1437.4); Vehicles other than railway or tramway rolling- stock and parts and accessories thereof (395.7); Cereals (372.7); Nuclear reactor, boilers, machinery and mechanical appliances, parts thereof (266.8); Residues and waste from the food industries, prepared animal fodder (249.7); Iron and steel (135.1); Organic
chemicals (124.0); Mineral fuels, mineral oils and products of their distillation, bituminous substances, mineral waxes (122.5); Edible vegetables and certain roots and tubers (116.3); Tanning or dyeing extracts, tannins and their derivatives, dyes, pigments and other colouring matter, paints and varnishes, putty and other mastics, inks (103.8); Plastics and articles thereof (100.5); Electrical machinery and equipment and parts thereof, sound recorders and reproducers, television image and sound recorders and reproducers and parts and accessories of such articles (91.6); Coffee, tea, mate and spices (79.0); Rubber and articles thereof (76.2); Salt, sulphur, earths and stone, plastering materials, lime and cement (73.5); Man-made staple fibres (65.3); Knitted or crocheted fabrics (63.1); Aluminium and articles thereof (59.5); Oil seeds and oleaginous fruits; miscellaneous grains, seeds and fruits; industrial or medicinal plants; straw and fodder (50.8); Inorganic chemicals, organic or inorganic compounds of precious metal, of rare-earth metals, of radioactive elements or ofisotopes (45.8); Man-made filaments; strip and the link of man-madetextile meterials (37.4); Essential oils and resinoids; perfumery,cosmetic or toilet preparation (22.4); Paper and paper board, articles of paper pulp, of paper or of paper board (22.0); Edible fruit and nuts, peel of citrus fruit or melons (20.5); Pharmaceutical products (14.1); Zink and articles thereof (5.4); Dairy produce, birds' eggs natural honey, edible products of animal origin, not elsewhere specified or included (3.4); Others (590.8)

http://www.dcci.org.bd/Bilateral/India-Bangladesh Bilateral Trade Statistics.pdf

PDF Bangladeshis and their delusions :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom