What's new

Bangladesh:Gunfight at BDR headquarters

Woah, dude you're way out of line. I understand theres a crisis going on in your country but that is no excuse to abuse anyone on this forum. Use a better choice of words if you wish to protest, or else you wouldn't be around to protest any longer.

Consider this a strong warning.

Okay, I apologize for that...

Even if that is the case, you should not support mutiny. This is violent, people have died and your army's morale would be hurt. People won't be able to trust who is loyal to the chain of command and who is not.

This action, I feel, won't be good for Bangladeshis in the long run.

There are few things to consider:

This mutiny happens just one day after Hasina visited BDR headquarter, does not sound right.

This mutiny did not happen in spur of the moment but had been planned for sometime. Anytime planning of such breakdown of chain of command happens, even going by BD history, foreign hands were involved. Only foreign hand who has motive, means and see opportunity for weak Bangladeshi defense force is India.

One of main demand of BDR is to remove regular army officer in BDR command. If that happens BDR will become a regular police force. India will be net beneficiary.

Two strong elements of Bangladesh defense forces fighting each other – divide and concur is in full implementation. Again net beneficiary is India.

From the media and people on the scene, Army and Moeen U has been blamed for corruption and looting money last two years.

------------------------
For those who did not know BDR is previously known as EPR (East Bengal Rifles) has glorious history.

Even if that is the case, you should not support mutiny. This is violent, people have died and your army's morale would be hurt. People won't be able to trust who is loyal to the chain of command and who is not.

This action, I feel, won't be good for Bangladeshis in the long run.

Agreed 100%.

What BDR did was not justified,But the reason they did it for was justified.Without knowing much about BDR and its history,I plead you to refrain from using word's like "Rogue elements" or whatever.

BDR,despite being a differnt organisation,always had their senior leaders from the Army.Who ill treated them and did not pay attention to their pleas.

BDR jawans used to get 60% less rations than those of the army.Also the pay is less.

Today they were asking the Director General about the profits BDR made through operation DAAL-VAAT,which was to sell rice and other food products at low price amid rising food prices last year.BDR made at least 40 to 50 crores Taka profit.
But they did not get these money,instead most of it went into the pockets of the army generals.When asked about it,the DG refused and they were in a verbal war.At one point the DG shot one BDR man,and the fighting started.This was the statement from one of the mutineers.

I agree with their cause but the way they chose was completely wrong.

PM announces amnesty for BDR mutineers
Star Online Report

Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has announced amnesty for the soldiers of Bangladesh Rifles (BDR) who mutinied today.

State Minister for LGRD and Cooperatives Jahangir Kabir Nanak, who attended the meeting between the prime minister and BDR representatives, told reporters that the mutineers were granted amnesty this evening.

The prime minister also urged the BDR members to surrender their arms and return to barrack.

A 14-soldier BDR team went to the prime minister’s official residence Jamuna for talks.

Mutinous BDR members earlier said they would call a ceasefire after holding talks with the prime minister and Home Minister Sahara Khatun.

Nanak said the prime minister would hold a video conference with the BDR jawans at Pilkhana in a bid to calm the situation.

The Daily Star - Details News

You tell me are you still dreaming?? please dont argue before you know something... You'll get innumerable threads about Indo-Bangla border clash if you hit the search engine... I dont reply to this kinda valueless post...

Well it seems that in 2001. 1000 of your solidiers overun the Pyrdiwah village killing indian soliders. And same was vacated after talks. Isnt that right or do you have any other version to it.????

And such kind of protest should not be tolerated any where. As protesting by killing is not the way..!!!

Well it seems that in 2001. 1000 of your solidiers overun the Pyrdiwah village killing indian soliders. And same was vacated after talks. Isnt that right or do you have any other version to it.????

And such kind of protest should not be tolerated any where. As protesting by killing is not the way..!!!
This out of the scope of this thread. Talk on topic.

Don't you realise you are derailing the thread?That too with Indian news report.I gave an example today what Indian media reports presents.ISI was involved as they are reporting.When it is too early to say anything like that.That shows they are BIASED big time.Please stay to this topic kindly.Requesting you.

Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has announced amnesty for the soldiers of Bangladesh Rifles (BDR) who mutinied today.
]

Problem is Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is not in control of Armed forces. With Moeen U proxy India is.

One thing for sure, this mutiny CAN NOT and SHOULD NOT be quelled by using army and force. That's what Moeen U biggest Indian agent is doing.

Star Online Report

State Minister for LGRD and Cooperatives Jahangir Kabir Nanak, who attended the meeting between the prime minister and BDR representatives, told reporters that the mutineers were granted amnesty this evening.

The prime minister also urged the BDR members to surrender their arms and return to barrack.

A 14-soldier BDR team went to the prime minister’s official residence Jamuna for talks.

Mutinous BDR members earlier said they would call a ceasefire after holding talks with the prime minister and Home Minister Sahara Khatun.

Nanak said the prime minister would hold a video conference with the BDR jawans at Pilkhana in a bid to calm the situation.

The Daily Star - Details News
Good move... Everybody wins. It's not justice though, but it will restore the peace.

Lets hope she pushes the army to address the root cause of the problem as well.

I told you before, dont argue before you know something... where did you get the info there were 1000 BDR??!!! and again I repeat, BDR never attacked any Indian territory but it was always the BSF who attacked BD territory...
As far I remember, 94 BSF personnels attacked 16 BDR personnels... and there, 34-40 BSF personnels were killed and many got wounded...

Last edited:
There are few things to consider:

This mutiny happens just one day after Hasina visited BDR headquarter, does not sound right.

This mutiny did not happen in spur of the moment but had been planned for sometime. Anytime planning of such breakdown of chain of command happens, even going by BD history, foreign hands were involved. Only foreign hand who has motive, means and see opportunity for weak Bangladeshi defense force is India.

One of main demand of BDR is to remove regular army officer in BDR command. If that happens BDR will become a regular police force. India will be net beneficiary.

Two strong elements of Bangladesh defense forces fighting each other – divide and concur is in full implementation. Again net beneficiary is India.

From the media and people on the scene, Army and Moeen U has been blamed for corruption and looting money last two years.

------------------------
For those who did not know BDR is previously known as EPR (East Bengal Rifles) has glorious history.

BDR has 200 years history and the most battle hardened paramilitary in South Asia.
What surprise me is why they chose this path,I know injustice is done to them by Army officers who tries to dominate them always,in that way ill treats them.Often punish them taking away their ranks.But they could have just go to PM's office in thousands and probably block the VIP road.That would get them the attention they needed.
But I believe its too early to say anything about foreign had.

A highly unfortunate incident.

Amnesty is a great move can be used as catalyst to calm things down.

Good move... Everybody wins. It's not justice though, but it will restore the peace.

Lets hope she pushes the army to address the root cause of the problem as well.

Without removing Moeen U and his gang of officers from command and court martial them things will not improve. I do not discuss some inside info in open forum but there is contention even inside army.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom