What's new

Balochistan may seek independence without autonomy: Jan Muhammad Jamali

Reaction score
Balochistan might opt to become an independent state if it is not granted provincial autonomy, Senate Deputy Chairman Jan Muhammad Jamali said on Tuesday.

“The time is running out ... there is no other option left but to grant provincial autonomy to all the provinces including Balochistan,” Jamali told the Upper House while speaking on a point of order. He said he had been forced to raise the voice of the people of his province, as the situation was rapidly deteriorating.

“The four brothers (provinces) will not be able to live together if the situation remains the same,” he added.

Jamali said the chief minister of Balochistan, along with a dozen ministers, was in the federal capital to ‘beg’ for money so that he could formulate a budget for the province. He said Balochistan was rich with natural resources but had no control over them.

“There is a dire need to bring in constitutional amendments to give autonomy to the federal units, otherwise it will not be possible to keep the four provinces together,” he added. He said arrears worth Rs 800 billion in gas royalties was yet to be paid to Balochistan by the Centre.

The deputy chairman said he feared that the time might soon come when he would have to obtain a passport to visit Jacobabad.

He said that he was among those who had always been pro-Pakistan, adding that the people of Balochistan were dejected over the way in which they were being treated by the government.

Senators from Balochistan and NWFP congratulated Jamali for raising voice for provincial autonomy when he ended his brief speech.

Link:Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Now, this is interesting peace of news that I found on the net. What according to you guys is the reason for the extreme decision of seperating from Pakistan, and what according to you should be the solution??

Again no comments.
AM i think you made it clear that you will delete all such posts who's intended purpose was just copy pasting from one site to another and with no comments, why hasnt this been then?

That would start the avalanche!

Daily Times is some cut and paste?Let us not be daft!

That would start the avalanche!

Daily Times is some cut and paste?Let us not be daft!

Read it again and this time make sure your glasses werent left in the toilet. Its Mohammad Azizuddin i am talking about not the daily times. Hes been constantly trolling with copy paisting articles without any imput of his own. The purpose seems to be pakistan bashing and nothing else. Just have a look at the number of the articles he just copy pasted.:disagree:

he might have copied and pasted, but here's my opinion.

Balochistan wants to seperate from pakistan coz they think their natural resources are being used to develop other staets, mainly punjab. they want autonomy so they can use their resources for their own benefit.

the pakistan govt better listen to them. otherwise if insurgency intensifies in balochistan, it might be more than pak can handle, especially with th problems in the north east

This guy is the nephew of late PM Jamali, this is just one mans word against an entire nation.

Despite his cool demeanour, numerous incidents indicate that Zafarullah is a man to be reckoned with. When Mir Faiq Ali Jamali, one of Zafarullah's political pupils, dared to challenge him upon becoming a provincial minister in 1997, Faiq's attempts to discredit his former guru remained unsuccesful. He is now in jail on corruption charges. Another of Zafarullah's nephews, Mir Jan Mohammad Jamali, also suffered a similar fate when he tried to challenge his uncle's leadership upon becoming chief minister of Balochistan in 1999. Accused of corruption, he was shipped off to Dubai for one and a half year to avoid being arrested, and it was finally Mir Jabal himself who came to his rescue. After negotiating some "concessions," Jan Mohammad Jamali is now a MPA.

The Prime of Mr. Jamali

Jan Mohammad Jamali looks like another corrupt, asking for audience.

Jamali is only stating that Balochistan has legitimate concerns regarding revenue distribution from resources and provincial autonomy.

Those are both valid points. Deleting the concurrent list (provincial autonomy for all 4 provinces) is part of the PPP's constitutional package, and a proposal was floated that gave provinces 50 percent or greater of the revenue generated from natural resources in their territory.

So movement is taking place. However given the dysfunctional nature of government in Pakistan, Jamali may be worried that those issues may be forgotten again.

He is being a bit dramatic with his statement, probably the intent.

^

He is the only one making the noise, for some strange reason he made non during the previous gpvernment, I think AM Jan is just asking for some audience here.

Balochs just want provincial autonomy they don’t want separation from Pakistan the only point of concern here is the Indian involvement in the insurgency.

^

He is the only one making the noise, for some strange reason he made non during the previous gpvernment, I think AM Jan is just asking for some audience here.

Agreed.

To add to my post above, its not just Baluchistan, but all four provinces that want the concurrent list deleted, since the provincial governments have been almost reduced to bystanders in the governing process.

Errr.. to repeat the gist of the deleted posts - It would be foolish to think that Pakistan would allow 47 percent of its territory to secede, especially when the majority of Baluch do not share the Sardars' vision.

Errr.. to repeat the gist of the deleted posts - It would be foolish to think that Pakistan would allow 47 percent of its territory to secede, especially when the majority of Baluch do not share the Sardars' vision.

Why does the media not show the Sardars house or how much he has in his bank account.
If he is so concerned about the the balouchi people will he give a part of his land to them?
Another idiot who is trying to shock the GoP into giving sardars the money so they can build nice homes in dubai.

I do agree though the federal govt need to invest into the province......that is also a problem for the sardars who want control of the money coming into the province so they can remain powerful.

Why does the media not show the Sardars house or how much he has in his bank account.
If he is so concerned about the the balouchi people will he give a part of his land to them?
Another idiot who is trying to shock the GoP into giving sardars the money so they can build nice homes in dubai.

I do agree though the federal govt need to invest into the province......that is also a problem for the sardars who want control of the money coming into the province so they can remain powerful.

Let them have the money and build houses in Dubai.

The GoP will not hand over control of strategic locations like the ports to the Sardars. That is key to the entire nation.

If the Sardars have autonomy and control of the money their excuses dry up, and eventually they will have to answer to their people. Right now they have a handy punching bag, and it needs to be taken away.

Guys, tell me one thing....How does the federal system in Pakistan work?....Now, we have Punjab, Sindh, Balochistan, Nwfp, now, is there a chief minister for every province?? how is the head at the province level of administration...and about the tax system that exists....taxes collected...what percentage of the collected taxes goes to the federal govt. and what percentage goes to the provincal govt. .....please care to explain!!

Balochistan is a part of Pakistan.

It is sad that the Afghanistan is working toward Pakhtoonistan and also merging it with Baluchistan!

Back
Top Bottom