What's new

Bakra Eid, Cow & Goat Mandi, Eid Mubarak 2013

Doesnt Bakra Eid refer to sacrificial Eid goats?

So why are there so many pics of cows for Bakra Eid?...never really understood the disconnect there...

Can someone help clarify please?

Bakra Eid is an Urdu word real meaning is as follows (Eid al-Adha) also called Feast of the Sacrifice, many different regions use different names such as Eid-e-Qurban,Eid al-Bakr and Bakrid

Those are actually Hindus. That pic is not for Ramadan.

Some more pics of hindus from Cholistan.

images

images

the-ethnic-640x480.jpg
Thats cool. good to know.

So why are there so many pics of cows for Bakra Eid?...never really understood the disconnect there...

Not necessarily,you have to sacrifice a bakri in Bakrid. Anything can be sacrificed. I have attended Bakrid in India, where mostly cows were sacrificed. My friends used to do the sacrifice themselves.

I think someone from the same faith can clarify better.

Bakra Eid is an Urdu word real meaning is as follows (Eid al-Adha) also called Feast of the Sacrifice, many different regions use different names such as Eid-e-Qurban,Eid al-Bakr and Bakrid

In hyderabad they say Bakrid..so it dosnt mean you have to sacrifice goat ,you can sacrifice any animal..i have seen sacrificing camel in hyderabad.

In hyderabad they say Bakrid..so it dosnt mean you have to sacrifice goat ,you can sacrifice any animal..i have seen sacrificing camel in hyderabad.

Actually the name comes from the story behind this festival. If you know that, then you'll understand the significance of the name.

Its called Eid ul Adha not "bakra eid"..and any animal can be sacrificed ... depending upon the persons financial conditions etc.

Bulls bread in the country have the best tasting meat.

Ever eaten an Ox or a Camel??

Yup...

I have had camel meat its kind of salty (high concentration of sodium in the meat) though tasty its the most expensive of the lot

its counted like this : the amount of people on-behalf of whom, you can give an animal , say yourself, family or elders etc

goat/sheep etc 1 person

buffalo, ox, cow, yak, bison etc 7 persons

camel 14 persons

I have eaten Bison!

in mid-east they say you haven't had meat till you don't try camel for red meat & duck for white meat
& salmon for fish

Its called Eid ul Adha not "bakra eid"..and any animal can be sacrificed ... depending upon the persons financial conditions etc.

Was simply following the OPs title and have heard the term being used in India quite a bit...

I assumed Bakra = goat....but just learnt that its not a reference to the animal being sacrificed...

Thanks all for the info...

Actually the name comes from the story behind this festival. If you know that, then you'll understand the significance of the name.

I know the story ..what i wanted to know was is it a must you have to sacrifice a goat or can it be other animal.because i was thinking goat has to be sacrificed .

I have had camel meat its kind of salty (high concentration of sodium in the meat) though tasty its the most expensive of the lot

its counted like this : the amount of people on-behalf of you can give an animal , say yourself, family or elders etc

goat/sheep etc 1 person

camel 14 persons

Thanks yaar for the info.

rich and affluent shows off their qurbani animal? here it is cow and water buffalo

its counted like this : the amount of people on-behalf of whom, you can give an animal , say yourself, family or elders etc

goat/sheep etc 1 person

camel 14 persons

in mid-east they say you haven't had meat till you don't try camel for red meat & duck for white meat
& salmon for fish

Have eaten Duck and Salmon but never got a chance to taste camel.

goat/sheep etc 1 person

camel 14 persons

& salmon for fish

didn't know that!

Back
Top Bottom