What's new

Bahawalpur : College Professor Brutally Murdered By His Student

Ghazi sb,

I don’t agree with this murder, but at the same time I don’t agree with the westernisation of our schools, colleges and universities. We have Islamic values and these educational sites should be a place for education and tarbiyat
I understand where you're coming from. But do you know that vigilantism is a major crime under Islamic law because it leads to fitnah. Do you know how much the Prophet of Islam and the sahabas discouraged vigilantism? This man deserve the strictest of punishment. I don't condone what the professor is doing. but qatal was a far greater sin than what the professor did.

honest question. what does "Revival" mean?
does it mean wahabi-ism? Because the prophet was not Wahhabi.
does it mean burkhas? the Prophet never said you had to wear it.
does it mean that the only education we should get is the Quran? even the Quran says to seek knowledge.

For me it means being able to buy something from a shop at the same price as a local. Or not being asked for bribes, for milk without water mixed in it, marriages which are not forced, no honour killings, focus on literacy.

Maybe we should use the word implementation?

Last edited:
I am not so sure that is the case. The overall trend in society remains one of gradually increasing radicalization and extremism, with the government being a bystander or even a supporter. For example, why is Asia Bibi still in custody despite being exonerated?
My view is different - I think changes are taking place in a more positive direction, but could occur faster were the government to be completely on board. Personally I think this all ties back to the economy - a government that presides over a good economy will have more political capital to take on religious extremists.

Asia Bibi should be allowed to travel abroad. I don't understand why she's in protective custody still given that various countries have agreed to give her asylum.

How our college campuses are getting corrupted, Still no reforms are introduced.
I blame our politicians for this.

If you forcibly stop people from practicing what they want then You’re ‘enforcing values’. So long as attending this function was not ‘mandatory’ it should have been allowed to proceed. Those who didn’t consider it ‘Islamic’ could have simply chosen not to attend.
An individual shouldn't be allowed to take law into his own hands. Law can only be enforced by the state.

Last edited:
My view is different - I think changes are taking place in a more positive direction, but could occur faster were the government to be completely on board. Personally I think this all ties back to the economy - a government that presides over a good economy will have more political capital to take on religious extremists.

Asia Bibi should be allowed to travel abroad. I don't understand why she's in protective custody still given that various countries have agreed to give her asylum.

I agree that getting the economy going will be the key that gives the present government more gravitas, but as of now, it is just pandering to the religious extremists by creating the impression that they are above the highest court in the land.

It’s heading towards collapse because of intolerance and religious extremism. When you look at the societies that are flourishing around the world, the Western nations, Turkey, Malaysia etc, those are all societies that allow freedom and don’t enforce one set of religious values on another.
Asking for people to have the freedom to practice what they want is not linguistic terrorism. There is only one kind of terrorist - the violent kind, and those ones are almost exclusively religious extremists and therefore the only ones deserving of death.

Freedom of speech and expressions are always subject to law, morality and decency. Article 19 of constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

19. Freedom of speech, etc.-Every citizen shall have the right to freedom of speech and expression, and there shall be freedom of the press, subject to any reasonable restrictions imposed by law in the interest of the glory of Islam or the integrity, security or defence of Pakistan or any part thereof, friendly relations with foreign States, public order, decency or morality, or in relation to contempt of court, 1[commission of] or incitement to an offence.

However, the competent authority to decide about the limitations of freedom of speech is judiciary.

Suicide bombings, creating an inferiority complex ridden segment of society, nurturing brain dead mob mentality, aps, Mehran base - - - - - - - sucking up to every other loud mouth Tom dick and Harry at the expense of the state . Would you like your kid to turn into a mullah or a uni graduate ?
you can't blame few black sheep with all of them.

the real problem is judicial system hanging culprit will never solve this problem unless judicial reforms are made as mumtaz qadri hanging has not stopped this incident from happening and in future this will happen again.This student not studied in any madrassah but was studying in college,students of madrassah are much peaceful than students of colleges so this problem seems more like killing for honor than related to Islamic cause .Honor killing is related to culture of our society and tribes to which people belong and not related to Islam

joke of the century, i read Quran in Deobandi Madarsah of my City,
Even our Islamic Teacher "Ustad Jee" of that Madarsah always said about Benazir Bhuto in local language"Kia Shia Kafira galay parr gaye hai, marti hi nahi hai"

after 1-2 years, i went another madarsah of Deoband, on fist day of my madarsah, one Pathan gatekeeper was there (on that madarsah there were no pathan teachers, some pathan came as tableeghi jamaat visit), he said to me what is your name ? are you shia or not ? i said no, he checked me and give me permission to come in

joke of the century, i read Quran in Deobandi Madarsah of my City,
Even our Islamic Teacher "Ustad Jee" of that Madarsah always said about Benazir Bhuto in local language"Kia Shia Kafira galay parr gaye hai, marti hi nahi hai"

after 1-2 years, i went another madarsah of Deoband, on fist day of my madarsah, one Pathan gatekeeper was there (on that madarsah there were no pathan teachers, some pathan came as tableeghi jamaat visit), he said to me what is your name ? are you shia or not ? i said no, he checked me and give me permission to come in
This problem of shia sunni is due to the fact our leaders like ik and past rulers of different parties ask saudis for money like beggars and inreturn saudis demand such influence in these madrassah and they use this to counter iran but overall madrassah students are much peaceful and better than college students.I remember our car caught fire on roads side and near this place there was a college and madrassah only madrassah students came for our help and saved our car and our life but college students not came for help and saw what was happening from a distance then I realized college education lacks proper training to make students good humanbeing

But what's the benefit in keeping two separate education systems?

Deen mullah fasaad fil ardh
Deen is never from Mullah, it is from Allah and no one else. We need to focus on both, because this is what our prophet asked us to do.

This problem of shia sunni is due to the fact our leaders like ik and past rulers of different parties ask saudis for money like beggars and inreturn saudis demand such influence in these madrassah and they use this to counter iran but overall madrassah students are much peaceful and better than college students.I remember our car caught fire on roads side and near this place there was a college and madrassah only madrassah students came for our help and saved our car and our life but college students not came for help and saw what was happening from a distance then I realized college education lacks proper training to make students good humanbeing
Yeah mullahs have proper training and are good human beings who want to kill anyone who shows any dissent

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah mullahs have proper training and are good human beings who want to kill anyone who shows any dissent...

chal nikal chutia mullah.
When you are biased and have negative thoughts you will percieve good people as bad.the language you use reflect your reality and your education level and resemble with street boys who are involved in bad activities

Back
Top Bottom