What's new

‘Azerbaijan to import arms from Pakistan’

the engine problem has been solved
My guess is Azerbaijan wants K-9 with Aselsan FCS and the same engine T-155 will use
just to get them faster , as the production rate in Turkey is pretty slow and they got other orders as well

Msta is a pretty old system , but they have been upgrading the FCS and etc. for a while
and Azerbaijan got one of the latest versions

S. Korea can't export K-9 howitzer to Azerbaijan, since K-9 also uses similar German engine. Export ban of Germans are not about Turkey or S. Korea but conditions of likely costumers. Remember, They refused to export Leopard tanks to S. Arabia as well.

Turkish line is able to produce 24 T-155 Firtina howitzers annually and Those Lines are busy with producing new developed Firtina ARV vehicles called Poyraz along with Firtina howitzers at present. For export orders, Some of those lines will be seperated for costumers and production will continue simultaneously without any delay.

and According to some sources, Azerbaijan ordered 50+ T-155 Firtina howitzers and 1st Army maintenance center and MKE is modifying chassis for a different engine (Ukraine or USA) (?). Turkish officials are very determined to deliver howitzers to Azerbaijan as soon as possible.

Once Azerbaijan commenced to take delivery of Firtinas, They are going to realize How great machine she is, When compared with Russian equivalents. Turkish Army love that machine. To increase effectiveness more, Turkish industry developed ammunition resupply vehicle called Poyraz and first deliveries were done to TLF. I belive that Azerbaijan will also order some Poyraz vehicles in near future after they reached their Firtinas.

Firtina and Poyraz in same frame
IBO_3916+(274).jpg

Last edited:
S. Korea can't export K-9 howitzer to Azerbaijan, since K-9 also uses similar German engine. Export ban of Germans are not about Turkey or S. Korea but conditions of likely costumers. Remember, They refused to export Leopard tanks to S. Arabia as well.

Turkish line is able to produce 24 T-155 Firtina howitzers annually and Those Lines are busy with producing new developed Firtina ARV vehicles called Poyraz along with Firtina howitzers at present. For export orders, Some of those lines will be seperated for costumers and production will continue simultaneously without any delay.

the engine found for Firtina would also work for K-9
but I doubt Koreans will sell them to us in the first place

Heard they want to import Medium range missiles from Pakistan??? I think better sell off our old missiles at cheap rates or to the cost to BDs and establish maintenance facility there with BD money. This will allow NESCOM-SUPARCO to produce a new and smarter range of short, medium and long(ICBM) range of missiles in which Pakistan can allow other Muslim countries to invest in.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom