What's new

Azerbaijan interested in Pakistan’s long-range missiles

That seems like a tactical rocket to me, but maybe you can mention more details. Azerbaijan has EXTRA purchased from Israel, which is essentially a tactical rocket. It has 150 km range and an impressive accuracy (10 m CEP).

attachment.php

So I'd say Azerbaijan would look for a proper tactical ballistic missile, with a range around 300 km.

Israel's EXTRA is a very brilliant system.

Pakistan's Nas'r isn't a tactical rocket though. It is a completely different technology.

It is a quasi-ballistic tactical nuclear missile.

There is no way Pakistan will sell this technology to anyone. It can't. Such technologies aren't up for sale...

IMO they are talking about ballistic missiles not cruise missiles, or any other missile system which would be purchased from turkey or is already being purchased from Turkey.

As far as I know based on what I have read on this forum is that Turkey is extending the range of the J-600 t. According to wiki it was 900 km or something so technically Azerbaijan can get its short range and medium range ballistic missiles from Turkey. Logistically it makes sense to buy from Turkey.

The reason why they are saying that they are interested in the pakistani missiles is to get other competitors to lower their prices.

@Umair Nawaz

Bro imo the thread belongs here. :smokin:

Pakistan can not sell its long-range nuclear ballistic missiles to even our closest of allies, forget about Azerbaijan.

It is just a too sensitive of a technology to sell.

Read my post.

Whats up with Azerbaijan? Look at what I found

That is from 2011

Azerbaijan seeks Chinese long-range missiles: official

I read your reply and your right but i also quoted two other guys and their words wasnt really friendly towards us.
And about Azeris, we allread talked about this, they mostly share military infos and leave, it doesnt mean they are cold or unfriendly, they barely participate in any Turkish threads let alone Pakistani.

I just dont understand why Pakistanis bros took offence in this thread that they speak about us as if we backstabbed them.
I agree, some Pakistani members are behaving emotional here. You have to understand though, Pakistanis are a very emotional people, i guess its because we are still a very young nation (only 67 years old) and partly because we take the Islamic brotherhood thing way too seriously that we expect everyone else to give us the same attention/support/recognition.

@Pakistani members, come on guys, man up and stop acting so emotional. For one, we don't even know if this news is true, it could be a rumor for all we know. And secondly, if the Azeri's do procure our missiles then good for them, if not then its not our loss in any way, the world isn't going to end lol.

I want to ask Pakisatni members here.

If war happens between Azerbaijan and Russia, which side will you support?
Well, if war happens between Azerbaijan and Russia, then i want Pakistan to support Azeris. However, that doesn't mean we shouldn't have the right to recognize Armenia, and our recognition of Armenia should't imply that we are hostile to Azerbaijan. Just as i know Turkey would favor Pakistan in a india-Pakistan war even though Turkey recognizes India as a sovereign country.

Last edited:
I don't think that NATO engages in a war for Azerbaijan. I doubt it even Russia does anything other than helping Armenians either and engages in a war with us on themselves. If Russia wants to directly invade Azerbaijan, all islamic groups, in which many of them are really dangerous and have screwed Russians before in Afghanistan, would side with Azerbaijan. All Chechens, Afghans, Arabs, ... groups would screw Russia. They, including Afghan mujahadin, chechens, ... helped Azerbaijan a lot against Russians and Armenians. Remember that we almost did not even have an army when Armenians invaded us.
Anyway, China is another story, and be sure that they would not give a **** about Russia in case of a war. They even helped mujahadin in Afghanistan. What China cares about is solely their benefits and economical progress.
This part is what puzzles me though. Azerbaijan is a majority Shia Muslim country, and i have read that Afghan and Chechen fighters joined the Azeri's to fight Armenians?? How is that possible when Saudi Arabia has a lot of influence over Afghan and Chechen groups?? Saudis don't like Shia's.

Last edited:
Pakistan might as well sell it to Israel and through them to India at that.
Azerbaidjan is OK but it is still porous and is infected with American and mostly Israeli spies that won't hesitate to steal one or at least find a way of finding out its secrets, for their own use and to sell to whom it may concern, the next thing you will hear is that Pakistan stole the technology from them.
But, I am confident that Pakistani Intelligence services know about these issues first hand.

This part is what puzzles me though. Azerbaijan is a majority Shia Muslim country, and i have read that Afghan and Chechen fighters joined the Azeri's to fight Armenians?? How is that possible when Saudi Arabia has a lot of influence over Afghan and Chechen groups?? Saudis don't like Shia's.
What Saudi is more concerned about are farsi mullahs. Even in Syria, Armenians are allies with Assad and Iran, and fighting against Syrian people. There are also Azeris in Syria who are allies with mujahadeen in Syria, and fight against Assad. I do not confirm or reject their actions but it has a strong meaning. BTW, Chechens are our brothers, who suffer from the same enemy, aka Russia and her bitches, in Chechenia. For Azerbaijanis, sectarianism has no meaning. BTW, I personally do not see Syrian conflict as a Shia-Sunni conflict. I see it as mullahs, Asshead, Russians against Syrian people, muslims, and oppositions of Assad, mullah, and Russian axis.

MULTIPLE LAUNCH ROCKET SYSTEM (MLRS)
EXTENDED RANGE (ER) AND GUIDED-MLRS (GMLRS) ROCKETS

The Extended Range (ER) rocket is an enhanced version of the current rocket fired from the Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS). The ER rocket is expected to have a range of 45 kilometers or greater, compared to the fielded rocket's 31.5 kilometers. The ER rocket, like the current rocket, is designed to be used against soft, stationary targets. The overall length and diameter will not change. As with the current rocket, an MLRS launcher will carry twelve ER rockets.

Extended range is achieved by reducing the number of bomblets (from 644 to 518) and increasing the propellant in the rocket. The bomblet pattern size is also being increased, which will decrease the bomblet density. A zero-force detent modification that adds a small explosive charge to cut away the rocket's restraining bolts, provides a "soft" launch and is intended to help maintain accuracy at the extended ranges.

In addition, a modification of the bomblet is expected to reduce the number of hazardous duds on the battlefield. Both the current and ER rockets deliver Dual Purpose Improved Conventional Munition (DPICM) bomblets. The modified ER bomblet has a redundant fuzing system with the addition of a self-destruct device. The bomblet modifications are not expected to affect the bomblet's lethality.

The Guided MLRS (GMLRS) rocket adds a GPS-aided inertial navigation unit to the ER rocket, intended to greatly improve accuracy and increase range. DPICM bomblet payload is expected to be reduced from 518 to about 440. GMLRS has been an Advanced Technology Demonstration program (ATD) since 1994.

The ER and GMLRS rockets provide commanders an operational fire capability for precision engagementof the enemy throughout the depth of the battlefield beyond the range of currently fielded cannons and rockets. The targets include multiple rocket launchers, towed artillery, air defense units, and command/control/communications sites. The ER and GMLRS rockets' ability to engage the enemy at extended ranges supports the Joint Vision 2010 dominant maneuver force by helping the commander shape the battlespace.

MULTIPLE LAUNCH ROCKET SYSTEM (MLRS) EXTENDED RANGE (ER) AND GUIDED-MLRS (GMLRS) ROCKETS

The Israeli EXTRA, is not their own once again, it is an American-European Technology handed or stolen by Israel who claim to have started its developments in the around 2006, while the technology was there since the 90's.

Last edited:
What Saudi is more concerned about are farsi mullahs. Even in Syria, Armenians are allies with Assad and Iran, and fighting against Syrian people. There are also Azeris in Syria who are allies with mujahadeen in Syria, and fight against Assad. I do not confirm or reject their actions but it has a strong meaning. BTW, Chechens are our brothers, who suffer from the same enemy, aka Russia and her bitches, in Chechenia. For Azerbaijanis, sectarianism has no meaning. BTW, I personally do not see Syrian conflict as a Shia-Sunni conflict. I see it as mullahs, Asshead, Russians against Syrian people, muslims, and oppositions of Assad, mullah, and Russian axis.
I see. But what puzzles me is that a lot of these groups that receive funding from Saudi/GCC have the Salafi indoctrination, which primarily focuses not on the hatred for Iran (although that is a important factor, but not the major one), but paints the Shia's as the enemies, regardless of nationality of the Shia's. Which is why you see Shia's being targeted throughout the Muslim world by these Salafi leaning groups. Those foreign fighters that joined the Azeris against the Armenians must not have been radical or extreme in their religious views (the example of the Chechens), unlike the Taliban today or Al-Qaeda and ISIS affiliated groups who slaughter Shia's just for them being Shia's and not Iranians.

I see. But what puzzles me is that a lot of these groups that receive funding from Saudi/GCC have the Salafi indoctrination, which primarily focuses not on the hatred for Iran (although that is a important factor, but not the major one), but paints the Shia's as the enemies, regardless of nationality of the Shia's. Which is why you see Shia's being targeted throughout the Muslim world by these Salafi leaning groups. Those foreign fighters that joined the Azeris against the Armenians must not have been radical or extreme in their religious views (the example of the Chechens), unlike the Taliban today or Al-Qaeda and ISIS affiliated groups who slaughter Shia's just for them being Shia's and not Iranians.
Not all of them. Only the ones who are Hanbali/wahabi/Salafi have this ultra sectarian background. But, Chechens or most of Afghan mujahedeen are Naqshbandi, specially in their high ranks, and they are not salafi. rest of them are hanafi, and not hanbali or wahabi. Naqshbandis have respect for prophet's family, and have no genuine problem with shias. As far as KSA government is concerned, they care more for their goals which is opposing farsi mullahs.

Back
Top Bottom