What's new

Azerbaijan interested in Pakistan’s long-range missiles

This thread turned into bitch.....:mad:

I want everyone to talk on missile and what alternative if not Pakistan.....

Why Azerbaijan need long range ballistic missiles????

@Armstrong

Here is a interview with Turkish FM and Azeri reporter after 21th min. they talk abour Pakistan, she says ''Pakistan is the second country after Turkey that accepted our independence, its also a very important country for us'' after Turkish FM told her how important Pakistan for Turkey is because they helped us during our independence war.

In a war between Azerbaijan and Russia, I will support the underdog

Oh dumbo even i will support the idea of supporting Azeris. But try to understand what my point is. The behavior of azeri members is very strange here and its something even other members of my country and others have also mentioned. The only difference is that u guys look down upon us atleast thats the impression yr giving....... Take this thread's first few pages as an example one of yr own country men (if i exclude other was saying) that we have better options of israel and turkey so who bother to buy from pakistan...So thats why we reacted and it wasnt me only too almost all of them shared same opinion and even u had to explain in the end to Armstrong.

My view abt Armenia is to having diplomatic relations while on the other hand u guys even have defence relations with a country israel. So why cant just have diplomatic relations with a country who doesnt directly have anything to do with us! Its just international relations nothing else. But if war broke out i can assure u even i will personally support Azerbaijan.

If any of my talk hurt u then im sorry and i apologize from my heart. But there r some of our individual interests too has a country and having trade and diplomatic relations with Armenia wont harm anyone. Thats the whole point.

Anyway, it is not looking down on anyone. It is a fact that Russians and Israelis have better quality weapons than Pakistan. We wish that our brother nations had better products, since it would have been beneficial for us as well, but, the reality is that they don't. We are just trying to be realistic and logical.
About Armenians, ... we have cash, but they don't have anything to offer to you, maybe except for prostitutes in which I hope you are not looking for it.

@Armstrong

Here is a interview with Turkish FM and Azeri reporter after 21th min. they talk abour Pakistan, she says ''Pakistan is the second country after Turkey that accepted our independence, its also a very important country for us'' after Turkish FM told her how important Pakistan for Turkey is because they helped us during our independence war.

I know Turkish...I know Turkish ! :victory:

NOT ! :disagree:

But to hell with the Interview; the Interviewer is :wub: !

Anyway, it is not looking down on anyone. It is a fact that Russians and Israelis have better quality weapons than Pakistan. We wish that our brother nations had better products, since it would have been beneficial for us as well, but, the reality is that they don't. We are just trying to be realistic and logical.
About Armenians, ... we have cash, but they don't have anything to offer to you, maybe except for prostitutes in which I hope you are not looking for it.
Diplomatic relations and trade bro. If they cant offer us much then they can prove to be a good market for trade and selling mangoes.:lol: But remember u have relations with israel too which is also not our friend.

I let the off topic posts slide for 3 pages because some things needed to be cleared up but now lets talk about potential missiles that could be sold to azerbaijan from pakistan.

I let the off topic posts slide for 3 pages because some things needed to be cleared up but now lets talk about potential missiles that could be sold to azerbaijan from pakistan.
We aren't selling any. the news is BS.

You can look for the video in our TV channels. Yaver Camalov was coming from Army Technology Expo(i dont remember which) and he mentioned even the name of the systems that there are interested and in negotiation level. I think Azerbaijan have purchased them already, because Armenia also has CHinese missiles that can hit more than 300 km.

are you smoking crack?
the chinese system they bought is a copy of Smerch with range of 120km

I just read from Azeri news that Azerbaijan is going to purchase artillery rockets from Pakistan.

its BS

Like i stated before the possible contender could be Hatf IX- Nasr. Lets first discuss what this missile gives.....

Pakistan on Tuesday claimed to have successfully conducted the first flight test of the newly developed short range surface-to-surface multi-tube ballistic missile ‘Hatf IX' (NASR).

Viewed by some strategic analysts as Pakistan's answer to India's Cold Start Doctrine, NASR has a range of 60 km and “shoot-and-scoot'' nuclear delivery capability.

The Inter-Services Public Relations said NASR's quick response system addressed need to deter evolving threats. Addressing a gathering at the undisclosed site of the test, Director-General of the Strategic Plans Division Khalid Ahmed Kidwai said the successful flight marked a milestone in consolidating Pakistan's strategic deterrence capability at all levels of the threat spectrum.

Lt. Gen (retd.) Kidwai pointed out that in the hierarchy of military operations, NASR provided Pakistan with short range missile capability in addition to the already available medium and long range ballistic missiles and cruise missiles in its inventory.

Welcoming the test, security analyst Shireen Mazari said in a statement that Pakistan had now acquired tactical nuclear capability with a low yield that could be used in the battlefield. “It will act as a deterrent against use of mechanised conventional land forces. This was essential in the wake of India's adventurist war-fighting doctrine formulations, which envisaged the use of rapid deployment of armed brigades and divisions in surprise and rapid attacks.''

Referring to India's Cold Start Doctrine, Ms. Mazari said, “India has always felt that Pakistan had a loophole in terms of lacking short range battlefield nuclear weapons, which it could exploit on the assumption that it made little sense for Pakistan to respond to such conventional attacks with strategic nuclear weapons. With NASR, Pakistan has plugged that loophole. Indian dreams of a limited war against Pakistan through its Cold Start strategy have been laid to rest. This will allow for a reassertion of a stable nuclear deterrence in the region.''

Pakistan tests short-range ballistic missile - The Hindu

Now here these lines r particular interesting.....“It will act as a deterrent against use of mechanised conventional land forces. This was essential in the wake of India's adventurist war-fighting doctrine formulations, which envisaged the use of rapid deployment of armed brigades and divisions in surprise and rapid attacks.''

If Russia/Armenia in future tries to invade Azerbaijan with large mechanized formations and Armour columns and is able to catch Azeris off guarded then this missile will come into play and will ensure that their advance gets halted with high accuracy, shoot and scoot attributes" for "quick response'' system. However Pakistan has miniature its nukes and now they get fit in its sub-kiloton nuclear warhead. But i guess Azerbaijan wont get its nuke warheads. But will use its HE, Cluster or other conventional warheads. But still it will prove its worth in operational level without nukes onboard.

More news.,,

Rawalpindi - February 11, 2013:

Pakistan today conducted a successful test fire of Short Range Surface to Surface Missile Hatf IX (NASR). The test fire was conducted with successive launches of two missiles from a state of the art multi tube launcher. NASR, with a range of 60 km, and inflight maneuver capability can carry nuclear warheads of appropriate yield, with high accuracy. This quick response system, which can fire a four Missile* Salvo* ensures deterrence against threats in view of evolving scenarios. Additionally NASR has been specially designed to defeat all known Anti Tactical Missile Defence Systems.

The test was witnessed by Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee General Khalid Shameem Wynne, Director General Strategic Plans Division Lieutenant General (Retired) Khalid Ahmed Kidwai, Chairman NESCOM Mr Muhammad Irfan Burney, Commander Army Strategic Forces Command Lieutenant General Triq Nadeem Gilani, senior officers from the armed forces and scientists and engineers of strategic organizations.
Addressing the scientists, engineers and military officers of Strategic Organizations, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee congratulated them on displaying a high standard of* proficiency in handling and operating the state of the art weapon system. He said that Pakistan’s Armed Forces were fully capable of safeguarding Pakistan’s security against all kinds of aggression.
The successful test has also been appreciated by the President and Prime Minister of Pakistan who have congratulated the scientists and engineers on their outstanding success.

Welcome to ISPR

Photo: Courtesy @Windjammer

4419.jpg

Video Grabs:

Looks like there were four missiles in the launcher, but only two were fired.
screenshot20130211at622.png

screenshot20130211at623.png

Video: Courtesy @JonAsad

11 Feb '13: Pakistan conducts test fires of two Hatf-IX Nasr BRBMs

From Wiki.......

Background
According to defence analysts and missile technology experts the system appears to have been developed as a "low-yield battlefield deterrent" targeted at "mechanized forces like armed brigades and divisions". Therefore it is believed by analysts that the system is deployed to deter and respond to India's "Cold Start" doctrine. Pakistan's Inter-Services Public Relations agency says the Hatf IX was developed to "add deterrence value... at shorter ranges... with high accuracy, shoot and scoot attributes" for "quick response."

Design
The Hatf IX Nasr is a ballistic missile which carries a sub-kiloton nuclear warhead out to a range of 60 km (37.3 mi). It is believed to be derived from the WS-2 Weishi Rockets system developed by China's Sichuan Aerospace Corporation. Four missiles are carried on the same Chinese-origin 8x8 transporter erector launcher (TEL) as the Pakistan Army's A-100E 300mm Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS), a Chinese version of the BM-30 Smerch.

Capabilities
The missile can carry nuclear warheads of appropriate yield, with high accuracy. It also has an inflight maneuver capability and is specially designed to defeat all known anti-tactical missile defense systems. It also has the ability to fire at a target and immediately relocate to another position to avoid enemy counter-fire. This was confirmed by by Mansoor Ahmed, of Quaid-e-Azam University’s Department of Defence and Strategic Studies. "Its in-flight maneuverability is being improved to defeat potential Indian missile defenses against artillery rockets and short-range ballistic missiles, such as the Israeli Iron Dome system.” He further went on to say that the system is “fully integrated into the centralized command-and-control structure through round the clock situational awareness in a digitized network centric environment to the decision makers at National Command Center. Nasr is obviously India-specific and the salvo launch capability is a key ability in stopping Indian armored thrusts into Pakistani territory."

Nasr (missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Accuracy of nasr

2a6o3m0.jpg

17wlqc.jpg

5ococ5.jpg

are you smoking crack?
the chinese system they bought is a copy of Smerch with range of 120km
Thats probably why they may be interested in Nasr........

Design
The Hatf IX Nasr is a ballistic missile which carries a sub-kiloton nuclear warhead out to a range of 60 km (37.3 mi). It is believed to be derived from the WS-2 Weishi Rockets system developed by China's Sichuan Aerospace Corporation. Four missiles are carried on the same Chinese-origin 8x8 transporter erector launcher (TEL) as the Pakistan Army's A-100E 300mm Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS), a Chinese version of the BM-30 Smerch

. BTW modernized version of Nasr has 120km range.

Last edited:
Like i stated before the possible contender could be Hatf IX- Nasr. Lets first discuss what this missile gives.....

Pakistan on Tuesday claimed to have successfully conducted the first flight test of the newly developed short range surface-to-surface multi-tube ballistic missile ‘Hatf IX' (NASR).

Viewed by some strategic analysts as Pakistan's answer to India's Cold Start Doctrine, NASR has a range of 60 km and “shoot-and-scoot'' nuclear delivery capability.

The Inter-Services Public Relations said NASR's quick response system addressed need to deter evolving threats. Addressing a gathering at the undisclosed site of the test, Director-General of the Strategic Plans Division Khalid Ahmed Kidwai said the successful flight marked a milestone in consolidating Pakistan's strategic deterrence capability at all levels of the threat spectrum.

Lt. Gen (retd.) Kidwai pointed out that in the hierarchy of military operations, NASR provided Pakistan with short range missile capability in addition to the already available medium and long range ballistic missiles and cruise missiles in its inventory.

Welcoming the test, security analyst Shireen Mazari said in a statement that Pakistan had now acquired tactical nuclear capability with a low yield that could be used in the battlefield. “It will act as a deterrent against use of mechanised conventional land forces. This was essential in the wake of India's adventurist war-fighting doctrine formulations, which envisaged the use of rapid deployment of armed brigades and divisions in surprise and rapid attacks.''

Referring to India's Cold Start Doctrine, Ms. Mazari said, “India has always felt that Pakistan had a loophole in terms of lacking short range battlefield nuclear weapons, which it could exploit on the assumption that it made little sense for Pakistan to respond to such conventional attacks with strategic nuclear weapons. With NASR, Pakistan has plugged that loophole. Indian dreams of a limited war against Pakistan through its Cold Start strategy have been laid to rest. This will allow for a reassertion of a stable nuclear deterrence in the region.''

Pakistan tests short-range ballistic missile - The Hindu

How here these lines r particular interesting.....“It will act as a deterrent against use of mechanised conventional land forces. This was essential in the wake of India's adventurist war-fighting doctrine formulations, which envisaged the use of rapid deployment of armed brigades and divisions in surprise and rapid attacks.''

If Russia in future tries to invade Azerbaijan with large mechanised formations and Armour columns and is able to catch Azeris off guarded then this missile will come into play and will ensure that their advance gets halted with high accuracy, shoot and scoot attributes" for "quick response'' system. However Pakistan has miniature its nukes and now they get fit in its sub-kiloton nuclear warhead. But i guess Azerbaijan wont get its nuke warheads. But will use its HE, Cluster or other conventional warheads. But still it will prove its worth in operational level without nukes onboard.

More news.,,

Rawalpindi - February 11, 2013:

Pakistan today conducted a successful test fire of Short Range Surface to Surface Missile Hatf IX (NASR). The test fire was conducted with successive launches of two missiles from a state of the art multi tube launcher. NASR, with a range of 60 km, and inflight maneuver capability can carry nuclear warheads of appropriate yield, with high accuracy. This quick response system, which can fire a four Missile* Salvo* ensures deterrence against threats in view of evolving scenarios. Additionally NASR has been specially designed to defeat all known Anti Tactical Missile Defence Systems.

The test was witnessed by Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee General Khalid Shameem Wynne, Director General Strategic Plans Division Lieutenant General (Retired) Khalid Ahmed Kidwai, Chairman NESCOM Mr Muhammad Irfan Burney, Commander Army Strategic Forces Command Lieutenant General Triq Nadeem Gilani, senior officers from the armed forces and scientists and engineers of strategic organizations.
Addressing the scientists, engineers and military officers of Strategic Organizations, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee congratulated them on displaying a high standard of* proficiency in handling and operating the state of the art weapon system. He said that Pakistan’s Armed Forces were fully capable of safeguarding Pakistan’s security against all kinds of aggression.
The successful test has also been appreciated by the President and Prime Minister of Pakistan who have congratulated the scientists and engineers on their outstanding success.

Welcome to ISPR

Photo: Courtesy @Windjammer

4419.jpg

Video Grabs:

Looks like there were four missiles in the launcher, but only two were fired.
screenshot20130211at622.png

Video: Courtesy @JonAsad

11 Feb '13: Pakistan conducts test fires of two Hatf-IX Nasr BRBMs

From Wiki.......

Background
According to defence analysts and missile technology experts the system appears to have been developed as a "low-yield battlefield deterrent" targeted at "mechanized forces like armed brigades and divisions". Therefore it is believed by analysts that the system is deployed to deter and respond to India's "Cold Start" doctrine. Pakistan's Inter-Services Public Relations agency says the Hatf IX was developed to "add deterrence value... at shorter ranges... with high accuracy, shoot and scoot attributes" for "quick response."

Design
The Hatf IX Nasr is a ballistic missile which carries a sub-kiloton nuclear warhead out to a range of 60 km (37.3 mi). It is believed to be derived from the WS-2 Weishi Rockets system developed by China's Sichuan Aerospace Corporation. Four missiles are carried on the same Chinese-origin 8x8 transporter erector launcher (TEL) as the Pakistan Army's A-100E 300mm Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS), a Chinese version of the BM-30 Smerch.

Capabilities
The missile can carry nuclear warheads of appropriate yield, with high accuracy. It also has an inflight maneuver capability and is specially designed to defeat all known anti-tactical missile defense systems. It also has the ability to fire at a target and immediately relocate to another position to avoid enemy counter-fire. This was confirmed by by Mansoor Ahmed, of Quaid-e-Azam University’s Department of Defence and Strategic Studies. "Its in-flight maneuverability is being improved to defeat potential Indian missile defenses against artillery rockets and short-range ballistic missiles, such as the Israeli Iron Dome system.” He further went on to say that the system is “fully integrated into the centralized command-and-control structure through round the clock situational awareness in a digitized network centric environment to the decision makers at National Command Center. Nasr is obviously India-specific and the salvo launch capability is a key ability in stopping Indian armored thrusts into Pakistani territory."

Accuracy of nasr

2a6o3m0.jpg

17wlqc.jpg

5ococ5.jpg

Thats probably why they may be interested in Nasr........

Design
That thing is damn accurate. :o:

:pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom