What's new

Azerbaijan interested in Pakistan’s long-range missiles

Can anyone able to tell us in which missiles they are interested in? As they have a very good option of getting older SRBMs and IRBM from Russia and getting them upgraded with Russian system which would make them precision strike ones.

For Azerbaijan, like Turkey, Georgia, Kazakhstan, etc., it seems the point is to depend less on Russia, as well as to support the friendly country of Pakistan.

Even so Azerbaijan would go ahead and buy from one of your traditional weapon suppliers : Russia(Iskender) , Israel and Turkiye.All three of countries are capable of delivering short range BM to you so whats the point going for far away countries like China or Pakistan?

Because Turkey's Yildirim Series is a kin to Pakistan's Abdali Missiles.

Because Turkey's Yildirim Series is a kin to Pakistan's Abdali Missiles.

If I may guess the answer: Israeli weapons are expensive. Turkey doesn't yet have the long-range missiles that Azerbaijan seems to look for according to the news. And Russia is not selling Iskander yet - only next year will it be offered for export. So Pakistan, as well as China, are natural fits. Again, this is all based on the news article, even though the news is very imprecise and unclear.

For Azerbaijan, like Turkey, Georgia, Kazakhstan, etc., it seems the point is to depend less on Russia, as well as to support the friendly country of Pakistan.
I think they might get the missiles for Free from Russia if they try to pay for the upgrades.

What do you mean? Please elaborate.
Russian still have a very big and useless stock piles of Short Range and Medium Range missiles which I think Azerbijan or other Muslim countries can easily buy for free by just paying them for the upgrade which will enable the missile for precision strike also will reduce budget burdon from Russia as well.

Pakistan should charge commission and then give them contacts of their North Korean suppliers.

Can anyone able to tell us in which missiles they are interested in? As they have a very good option of getting older SRBMs and IRBM from Russia and getting them upgraded with Russian system which would make them precision strike ones.
Azerbaijan purchase it against Russia(probably) just to talk with Putin with his way(showing muscles) Only pakistan, and CHina can sell Rockets capable hitting more than 300 km)

Azerbaijan purchase it against Russia(probably) just to talk with Putin with his way(showing muscles) Only pakistan, and CHina can sell Rockets capable hitting more than 300 km)
If they are against Russia and looking for new partner then same thing can be provided by China and they might also sell of their SRBMs and IRBMs with upgrades without profits to Azerbijan, BD and Sri Lanka and may be to other Muslim countries as well.

If they are against Russia and looking for new partner then same thing can be provided by China and they might also sell of their SRBMs and IRBMs with upgrades without profits to Azerbijan, BD and Sri Lanka and may be to other Muslim countries as well.
Actually, Azerbaijan have bought some medium range rockets from Chine(in 2012 i think) several years ago. What i think Azerbaijan trying to do is, to purchase(or mention it) rockets from Pakistan(only my thought) which looks like the same ones from Turkey(Yildirim and so on) to have the long distance capabilities, but have turkish technology in it. As Turkey cant sell rockets over 300km and Azerbaijan got licensed production of 107mm, 122mm (Turkish missiles, also other artillery shells) or other those kind of missiles in Azerbaijan.

Actually, Azerbaijan have bought some medium range rockets from Chine(in 2012 i think) several years ago. What i think Azerbaijan trying to do is, to purchase(or mention it) rockets from Pakistan(only my thought) which looks like the same ones from Turkey(Yildirim and so on) to have the long distance capabilities, but have turkish technology in it. As Turkey cant sell rockets over 300km and Azerbaijan got licensed production of 107mm, 122mm (Turkish missiles, also other artillery shells) or other those kind of missiles in Azerbaijan.

Although Pak isn't a signatory of MTCR but still it's hard for any country to sell missiles over the range if 300km... But BVR Stand off missiles(air launched) like H-4(140km) and short ranged missiles can be sold..

I only know abt Azerbaijan buying HAFR series anti runway missiles with transfer of tech.. Back in 2013.

P.S: the guy you are quoting is a fanboy with "zero" info on stuff like this.

Although Pak isn't a signatory of MTCR but still it's hard for any country to sell missiles over the range if 300km... But BVR Stand off missiles(air launched) like H-4(140km) and short ranged missiles can be sold..

Pakistan can sell but problem is israeli factor infact it has become hard for Pakistan to sell certain weapons including ALCM to Arab States due to israeli pursuit to know more.

Pakistan should charge commission and then give them contacts of their North Korean suppliers.

Azerbaijanis can probably get North Koreans themselves. That's the last resort, if everything else fails, since buying from NK is a sure way to arouse unwelcome interest and scrutiny from every corner of the world.

Russian still have a very big and useless stock piles of Short Range and Medium Range missiles which I think Azerbijan or other Muslim countries can easily buy for free by just paying them for the upgrade which will enable the missile for precision strike also will reduce budget burdon from Russia as well.

This is not so. Do you have any concrete examples of such a scenario being reported anywhere? Russia doesn't care about things like "budget burden" - if it were, it wouldn't have occupied Crimea.

Azerbaijanis can probably get North Koreans themselves. That's the last resort, if everything else fails, since buying from NK is a sure way to arouse unwelcome interest and scrutiny from every corner of the world.

This is not so. Do you have any concrete examples of such a scenario being reported anywhere? Russia doesn't care about things like "budget burden" - if it were, it wouldn't have occupied Crimea.
Once offered to buy missiles they will give them. Like if ANA shows interest in buying SCUDS of all type then they can easily get along with other Russian and Chinese made SRBMs.

Back
Top Bottom