What's new

Azad Kashmir

982813-cartoon-1446740624-696-640x480.JPG

Chitta khata lake

Lala, that's not Chitta Katha, it's the Neelum river somewhere beyond Athmuqam. The one below is Chitta Katha,

Lake_of_Chitta_Khatta%2C_Kashmir.jpg

And I'm pretty sure that's not Baghshar Lake either. This is,

2208820106_e6bc3c6c35.jpg

The architecture is totally Hindu/Buddhist.

LOL What? o_O Kindly reference that.

This style of architecture is purely geographical (North Indian subcontinent). It is not just the mosques which look like that up there but all medium to large buildings do as well, where the minaret is added to make it more obvious as a mosque. This particular style is not aesthetic but practical, it conserves the hot air rising above in the winters and regulates the temperatures in the summers, it also saves the roof from the extra stress it would incur if built with continuous slopes over a larger enclosed area. You can see this style of architecture in KPK as well. Were these houses also Buddhist/Hindu?

285372d1313410622-trip-kaghan-valley-june-2011-my-2003-saloon-img_1066-copy.jpg

arrang-kel-neelum-valley.png

or this animal pen?

285371d1313410622-trip-kaghan-valley-june-2011-my-2003-saloon-img_1064-copy.jpg

This style does come anywhere near being characterized as Buddhist or Hindu architecture. But the best evidence against your ludicrous claim is the fact that in these very regions there still are Hindu and Buddhist temples and/or their remains which look nothing like these mosques. For example,

Sharda Mosque,

14552559042_643bb6a0f4_c.jpg

Sharda Buddhist temple,

sharda+fort.jpg

I'll even help you out. Following are some links for the hindu/Buddhist temples in Kashmir. Kindly point out the similarities with the mosques,

Ruins of Naran Nag |Search Kashmir
The Lost Heritage by Naira Yaqoob
buddhist architecture - Google-Suche
buddhist temple in kashmir - Google-Suche
hindu temple kashmir - Google-Suche
Buddhist architecture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hindu temple architecture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Category:Hindu temples in Jammu and Kashmir - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The next one is particularly interesting since it categorizes the architectural characteristics of North-Indian Hindu temples,

Why don't we have ancient Hindu temples in North India? - Quora

I won't even go into the fact that these mosques are comparatively very new.

You see ancient Tibetan influence in the architecture of Palaces, forts, grander buildings and some mosques across Gilgit-Baltistan, which is only inevitable given the Tibetan ancestry of the Baltis. They still look nothing like Buddhist temples though. For example this mosque in Shigar,

111774d1280149639-exploring-beautifull-north-pakistan-gilgit-baltistan-dsc06070.jpg

Yes, there are. But they were all forcefully converted from temples after demolishing the idols. Similar architecture is here as well.

Hahahahahaha! You can expect all the flavours of bull excreta from the east.

Last edited:
Lala, that's not Chitta Katha, it's the Neelum river somewhere beyond Athmuqam. The one below is Chitta Katha,

ChittaKathaLake.jpg

I just ctrl c ctrl v,ed from a blog shouldve double checked

ChittaKathaLake.jpg

LOL What? o_O Kindly reference that.

This style of architecture is purely geographical (North-West Indian subcontinent). It is not just the mosques which look like that up there but all larger community halls do as well (the roof layers are to resemble domes) where the minaret is added to make it more obvious as a mosque. This particular style is not aesthetic but practical, it conserves the hot air rising above in the winters and regulates the temperatures in the summers, it also saves the roof from the extra stress it would incur if built with continuous slopes over a larger enclosed area. No where in the world does Buddhist or Hindu architecture resemble anything like it, not in north-eastern India, not in Tibet, not in Nepal, not in Bhuttan. But the best evidence against your ludicrous claim is the fact that in these very regions there still are Hindu and Buddhist temples and/or their remains which look nothing like these mosques. For example,

Sharda Mosque,

14552559042_643bb6a0f4_c.jpg

Sharda Buddhist temple,

sharda+fort.jpg

I'll even help you out. Following are some links for the hindu/Buddhist temples in Kashmir. Kindly point out the similarities with the mosques,

Ruins of Naran Nag |Search Kashmir
The Lost Heritage by Naira Yaqoob
buddhist architecture - Google-Suche
buddhist temple in kashmir - Google-Suche
Buddhist architecture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hindu temple architecture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Category:Hindu temples in Jammu and Kashmir - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The next one is particularly interesting since it categorizes the architectural characteristics of North-Indian Hindu temples,

Why don't we have ancient Hindu temples in North India? - Quora

I won't even go into the fact that these mosques are comparatively very new.

You see Tibetan influence in the architecture of Palaces, grander buildings and some mosques across Gilgit-Baltistan which is only inevitable given the Tibetan ancestry of the Baltis. They still look nothing like Buddhist temples though. For example this mosque in Shigar,

111774d1280149639-exploring-beautifull-north-pakistan-gilgit-baltistan-dsc06070.jpg

Or this one in Khaplu,

1227493d1374010719-trip-skardu-971359_10151710830182300_644610817_n.jpg

Hahahahahaha! You can expect all the flavours of bull excreta from the east.
I dont remember where i read it but i think this mosque is approx 150 years old not sure though.
I actually was more interested in the scenery than the historic places when i visited neelum hehe :D
And btw isnt sharda a university?

I dont remember where i read it but i think this mosque is approx 150 years old not sure though.
I actually was more interested in the scenery than the historic places when i visited neelum hehe :D
And btw isnt sharda a university?

150 years is nothing compared to the Hindu/Buddhist temples there and is too old for the forceful conversion theory.

That Sharda Buddhist university is a complete complex, with a temple, living quarters and the university itself. The universities of old had a concept a lot different from that of today's.

One just can't even think of seeing everything in a single visit to these areas. Did you stay at the Jagran resort on your way north? It is awesome, easily the best place to stay at in all of Neelum.

150 years is nothing compared to the Hindu/Buddhist temples there and is too old for the forceful conversion theory.

That Sharda Buddhist university is a complete complex, with a temple, living quarters and the university itself. The universities of old had a concept a lot different from that of today's.

One just can't even think of seeing everything in a single visit to these areas. Did you stay at the Jagran resort on your way north? It is awesome, easily the best place to stay at in all of Neelum.
No, we stayed at an acquitance place near athmuqam ,i dont remember names of most of the places.
I visited neelum way back in 2011 and stayed there for a few days only
Will visit again next year again Inshallah

are there any buddhist shrines in this region?
Also can you provide statistics of Azad kashmir like population,gdp/gdp per capita,literacy rate etc

are there any buddhist shrines in this region?
Also can you provide statistics of Azad kashmir like population,gdp/gdp per capita,literacy rate etc

Buddhist temples, petroglyphs and stupas are found across northern Pakistan (Gilgit-Baltistan, AJK and KPK), the Swat valley has some very famous examples. Recently the KPK government invited some Buddhist monks from South Korea to visit and perform their rites at some of the ancient Buddhist temple sites in the province.

Back
Top Bottom