What's new

atheism , agnosticism and irreligion in pakistan……….

what is your belief? pakistanis only please...

• athiesm

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • agnostic

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • non-religious but a muslim of some kind

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • muslim (including Ahmadiyya)

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • hindu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • sikh

• christian

• other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember, there was this guy - uneducated and doing some menial jobs - who returned from his employment in Makkah Mukarramah. He told that during his two years stay, he only visited the Bait-Ullah (kaaba) for a couple of times, because he did not feel a need to do so. But he professed himself to be a Muslim.

In my experience, there are quite a few persons in Pakistan who are hardly following any religion but would not declare themselves as atheist/agnostic etc. just because of the fear of social ostracism that they may face; It's politically incorrect and socially unacceptable.

sona, you really need to hang out with me in lahore. The progressive one are the ones calling themselves moderates.
No kidding. My own siblings was telling rest of the family how I was a maulvis just because I don t eat non zabiha or consume alcohol. Imagine that! So I get picked on all the times. No I was not talking bout manji & tareek.
well we know what a muslim is but we have no right to call anybody a kafir if they believe what they believe to be true then let allah be the judge, all we can do is warn them right?

even my imam in the masjid said that we can eat meat from anywhere because its halal or "makruh" so i eat it as well lol but i don't drink because its clearly forbidden.

I am not really religious, but muslim of some kind i guess. Since i try my best to not miss roza every year, a part from that? Can't think of any abadat i do all year long.
Giving money to poor? Help the poor old disabled?- taking care of neighbours?- friends?- being honest?-
Do you do any of these?- they are Ibadat too-
If not- forget Muslim i am afraid you are not even a good human being- :)

was he really gay or are you just calling him gay?
i have yet to meet a gay pakistani lol besides the kusrahs in pakistan.
i bet you he was from karachi anyways even if he was gay lol…
most of us pakistanis in rochester are very conservative people the urdu speakers and the punjabis while the afghans have totally lost it here.

well the term secularism has been highjacked. and if my definition is flawed then tell massi ji what shall we call a country where the masjid and the state don't mix?
sir ji, all lahoris. lahore is the gay capital of Pakastan.
because I gr up amongst the socialites & the elite of lahore , these things were more common for me
but as the time has progressed esp the generation that grew up during Mushy has a different take on things.
They were exposed to things by ultr-liberal. the new normal back home is very different.
Was talking to this guy whose cousin was conduction some auditions for males. several guys approached him & offered to do whatever he wanted to get selected. Now that is some progress !

Giving money to poor? Help the poor old disabled?- taking care of neighbours?- friends?- being honest?-
Do you do any of these?- they are Ibadat too-
If not- forget Muslim i am afraid you are not even a good human being- :)

I was talking about namaz/praying type of ibadat.

I chose Muslim but I am not the best Muslim. I only pray 3 times a day, I keep a clean shave and my weakness' are women and wine. :cheesy: I will put all roze though. :D
You are a muslim but the one going to hell- :D-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom