What's new

Assistant Director ISI - Usama Lashari martyred.

A young and fierce grade 17 CSP officer
Correction ISI officers are not CSP, they are more of government servants........ ISI recruitment is not even done by FPSC anymore. CSP is mostly referred to CSS officers these days.

I expected an assistant director to be older.
RIP! Too young to loose his life.

Baloch issue seems to be Pakistan's headache. On Twitter, those guys post some really graphical pictures.
There seems to be mystery shrouding Usama Lashari's death.

The post of AD in most departments in Pakistan government requires a bachelors degree, so yeah you can expect them to be young.

Correction ISI officers are not CSP, they are more of government servants........ ISI recruitment is not even done by FPSC anymore. CSP is mostly referred to CSS officers these days.

ISI hires officer directly for grade 17 through ministry of Defence twice in a year. The dead one must be a new recruitment.

ISI hires officer directly for grade 17 through ministry of Defence twice in a year. The dead one must be a new recruitment.
MoD tag is just a show and they are not hired twice a year mostly once and sometimes not even that. Promotions for civil ones in ISI are kind of slow, so cant tell if he was new & mostly they are confined to desk jobs.

The loss of this young and handsome officer will be a big loss, May Allah (saw) grant him jannah.
Most of the Civilian who joined ISI get this post and retires on the same...means this is the most common post / rank for civilians and i am telling you because Indian are quite joyful by reading Assistant Director word.

MoD tag is just a show and they are not hired twice a year mostly once and sometimes not even that. Promotions for civil ones in ISI are kind of slow, so cant tell if he was new & mostly they are confined to desk jobs.

Of course MoD is just a tag and candidates only come to know about ISI once they been hired. Normally recruitment happens every year and even twice as well depends on numbers requirement. Yes Desk job starts from grade 17 but it depends on specific department as well. I have seen many officers in the field as well even though their ranks were above than 18 grade.

Of course MoD is just a tag and candidates only come to know about ISI once they been hired. Normally recruitment happens every year and even twice as well depends on numbers requirement. Yes Desk job starts from grade 17 but it depends on specific department as well. I have seen many officers in the field as well even though their ranks were above than 18 grade.
That is a possibility, but somehow i am not a fan of working as a civilian in a military dominated institute and even though i hail from an Army family myself, this is something which i have observed very closely......Military people always get priority over civilians even if its an educational institute :whistle:. P.S. I have few friends who are AD's at various government institutes and its the ISI ones who don't give good feedback. For an AD post people are crazy about IB and FIA.

That is a possibility, but somehow i am not a fan of working as a civilian in a military dominated institute and even though i hail from an Army family myself, this is something which i have observed very closely......Military people always get priority over civilians even if its an educational institute :whistle:. P.S. I have few friends who are AD's at various government institutes and its the ISI ones who don't give good feedback. For an AD post people are crazy about IB and FIA.

Even though it is control by the military man but civilian has very tight grip over Its affairs. Army officers normally come just for shorter period of time and then leave but civilians are there to stay until retirements. A civilian knows more about its internal affair than a army man.

Our boys! Our men! Bestest.

Much love and regards,

RIP dear gentleman.

Even though it is control by the military man but civilian has very tight grip over Its affairs. Army officers normally come just for shorter period of time and then leave but civilians are there to stay until retirements. A civilian knows more about its internal affair than a army man.
Yes now they have started sending civilians on foreign courses, previously only army people used to go which is a good change. And no not all army people leave, those who specialize in intelligence courses always stick with it even after their retirement from military and trust me they are way over in numbers as compared to civilians. I don't agree with the notion that a civilian knows more, not that i care who knows more but its not a fact at all. DG ISI is an army man and the rest of the significant sects in ISI are also headed by Major Generals, there is no way a civilian who cant even head a sect knows more.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom