What's new

Assailants hack to death writer Avijit Roy, wife injured

I seriously doubt if you're from the sub-continent living in the sub-continent. The motto of the religious fanatics is "If you can't beat 'em kill 'em"

Those religious fanatics who killed Avijit Roy or Prof. Shafiul Islam or Ahmed Rajib Haider were a handful, but their supporters are in millions, as it looks now.

This must be the act of Jammat-Shibir terrorist.

Bangladesh wants a feluda like you .
images

Those religious fanatics who killed Avijit Roy or Prof. Shafiul Islam or Ahmed Rajib Haider were a handful, but their supporters are in millions, as it looks now.

Right now these fanatics only got internet connection with little knowledge in Bengali. I wait for the day when they will get access to tons of contents in English and other language.

Religion is very sensitive thing .harting someone sentiment can make someone blind in a anger .so why he need to put himself to a angry tiger . as a atheist his life is short as he don;t expect any thing after death so he should try to save his life by not harming other religious sentiment .however I condemn this attack . it is very suspicious attack as the place is high security zone how can someone enter their with sharp weapons where everybody are search for any illegal item . this may be a trick to divert public mind from political chaos or more importantly govt. desire to show the international community that Bangladesh is flooding with militant so we need to continue our govt.

Avijit Roy, was a strong and vocal critique of what
he called India's occupation of Kashmir. His point
was - if Bangladesh deserved independence, so
does Kashmir. He wrote a lot against bigotry in
Hindu religion too.

http://www.thedailyb...rce=CSAMedition

American Hacked to Death in Bangladesh

1425041664340.cached.jpg

Munir Uz Zaman / Getty

Avijit Roy, 42, a Bangladeshi-born American known for his Mukto-Mona blog’s outspoken views against religion in politics and criticism of Islamic fundamentalism, was killed by a group of men armed with machetes on Thursday night. Roy and his wife, 35-year-old Rafida Ahmed, were on their way back home from a book fair in Dhaka when the men attacked. Ahmed also suffered serious injuries and is being treated at a hospital. Police are investigating the crime; they have recovered two machetes so far.

Read it at The Wall Street Journa

========
To the Western press this guy is American. And those three girls reported to be joining ISIS are Bangladeshi.

Just for a quick comparison..

Go through this half year ago thread, where a Muslim techie was killed by right wing hindu extremest, after some pictures were posted on FB. Just start checking the remarks of certain indians on this thread, then compare them to remarks by them over here. Sala sab wrong number hay..

Muslim techie beaten to death in Pune, 7 men of Hindu outfit held
I would like to remind you the culprits were arrested in this case unlike in Pakistan where Shias are attacked every fortnight(15 days). Some of the recent attacks on Shias(Rawlapindi,Shikarpur,Peshawar(hayatabad etc.
What about the attacks on Ahmediays. Many Ahmediyas & Shias r demanding asylum in other countries

Good Going Bangladesh.

After all why should Bangladesh be left behind, whatever other Muslim countries are into.

Well done.

Good riddance. Aur ek fitnabaaz fasadi Qatam. Fe nari jahanamma khalidina fihaa

I thanked you for not being a hypocrit and saying what you believe unlike some of your pals.

Avijit Roy, was a strong and vocal critique of what
he called India's occupation of Kashmir. His point
was - if Bangladesh deserved independence, so
does Kashmir. He wrote a lot against bigotry in
Hindu religion too.

In other words he was a secular bhadrolok Bengali, good work by Jamatis at making them an endangered species.

I may not agree with all his opinion, but I'll defend to the death his right to say it.

Id request everyone not to say RIP, Dr Roy was an atheist and did not believe in Resting in Peace.

http://www.thedailyb...rce=CSAMedition

American Hacked to Death in Bangladesh

1425041664340.cached.jpg

Munir Uz Zaman / Getty

Avijit Roy, 42, a Bangladeshi-born American known for his Mukto-Mona blog’s outspoken views against religion in politics and criticism of Islamic fundamentalism, was killed by a group of men armed with machetes on Thursday night. Roy and his wife, 35-year-old Rafida Ahmed, were on their way back home from a book fair in Dhaka when the men attacked. Ahmed also suffered serious injuries and is being treated at a hospital. Police are investigating the crime; they have recovered two machetes so far.

Read it at The Wall Street Journa

========
To the Western press this guy is American. And those three girls reported to be joining ISIS are Bangladeshi.
Because he represented western values but those 3 bitches didn't?

Bangladesh is a Muslim country first, living within a secular democracy. Secularism doesn't entitle people to criticise the religion of the state. You can be an atheist, but do not criticise Islam whilst in a Muslim country. You hurt the sentiments of people, a few of whom, in blind rage, may resort to action such as this.

I would like to remind you the culprits were arrested in this case unlike in Pakistan where Shias are attacked every fortnight(15 days). Some of the recent attacks on Shias(Rawlapindi,Shikarpur,Peshawar(hayatabad etc.
What about the attacks on Ahmediays. Many Ahmediyas & Shias r demanding asylum in other countries

Sectarianism isn't much of an issue in Bangladesh. The Qadiyanis in Bangladesh are a minority and the Shias do their thing..

Jamaati assholes and their terrorist sister organisations killing intellectuals in bangladesh....
atleast these assholes made his book famous now, i hope more people gets to read his writing...

This guy certainly didn't come across as particularly bright. Most of his writings are just recycled Richard Dawkin material.

Having said that, what happened to him is horrible to say the least. This man didn't deserve to be killed for his beliefs and values.

Back
Top Bottom