What's new

Assailants hack to death writer Avijit Roy, wife injured

" writer Avijit Roy,s some blog post " | Page 2
@Doyalbaba @Khalid Newazi
You are free to criticize atheist people and atheism .you can campaign against their logic by giving logic.Atheist are also free to criticize any religion like you.This is the only way to forward human civilization,To do criticism and receive criticism,upholding freedom of conscience and thought.No religious,political or any other holy figure should be above criticism,if any holy figure can't tolerate criticism then there is nothing holy about him.

Why do you want to uphold islam by suppressing criticism of it?If islam is perfect than it can overcome criticism.If you want to live in a democratic society and state then be prepare to receive criticism of your belief,your political orientation.We all have to remember that life is sacred,not the belief system.State have the responsibility to protect life irrespective of religion,political orientation,ethnicity,not the belief of any particular group of people even if they constiture majority.

Belief,religion are something that we are not all agreed upon.One man's belief is another man's blasphemy.So protecting the dominant group's belief system will only make the state tool of oppression and injustice.We all have to criticize one another's belief so that we may reach nearer the truth as you may not know the whole picture if you only exposed to the one side of argument.
i agree with Doyalbaba post from the closed thread. and let's apply this thinking to those Shahbagh chants calling for slaughter of individuals based on political disagreement.

unfortunately, the Indian backed BAL-leftist government, which is supposed to protect people, is doing exactly the opposite.
Belief,religion are something that we are not all agreed upon.One man's belief is another man's blasphemy.So protecting the dominant group's belief system will only make the state tool of oppression and injustice.We all have to criticize one another's belief so that we may reach nearer the truth as you may not know the whole picture if you only exposed to the one side of argument.
there is difference between political hatemongering and respectful debates about religions. i can't tell about Avijit Roy as i'm not aware of his work, but the latter is what he should have been doing.

one issue is Bangladesh as a national framework is supposed to use Islam as the guiding principle, even though it has become a joke since our 1947 East Pakistan system was toppled as backed by India-USSR in 1971. if the criticisms are aimed at ultimately removing Muslim identity from Bangladesh's national framework, that is unfair.

I love how more than half the bigoted Bangladeshis who implicitly refuse to outright condemn the killing, and portray Roy as some rabid Hindu, are themselves living the fat life in western countries.

When asked about this contradiction, they will revert to the same hypocrisy that I have heard from some- "Ooooh, ooooh, Islam allows me to live anywhere, that means I can take my rabid religious beliefs and hold fast to them even though I myself love living out in the West and would practically scream with horror if asked to live in a Muslim society...."

these Indian Hindutvadi members actually cheer when a BNP-JI supporter gets killed. but here their heart is pouring all over and they probably don't even know or care what Avijit Roy stood for. only link is the Hindu background and blind hate for Muslims, and probably for other people of Abrahimic traditions as well.

I too want to see the green flag (with an off centered red circle in it) flying over islamabad :-)
why not a red sindoor instead of a red bindi?

I was seeing some incidents of threats for 1 years against Avijit from some known terror outfits precisely known as Farabi.They were threatening to not sell his books. Rokomary.com leaned towards these terrors by removing Avijit's books. We have tons of contents in English. One who has access to internet can surely get access. Why some people are trying to inject these atheist ideologies to uneducated Bengalis in Bengali language. Most of the people of BD dont have knowledge of basic science. How come these atheist ideas will help them. Peaceful way of Islam didnt make any effect on them. Most will fear Allah. But will never perform the basic ideas Islam. Deception, theft, Murder. Accessing internet will go for pron in one tab, another tab will go to attack on another one's belief anything contradictory to Islam. I believe atheists should perform their beliefs outside Bangladesh's mass sphere. Inject science only. There isnt any customer of atheism here not helpful for BD either.

Last edited:
This guy was a pseudo-intellectual, ripping off other people's work off the Internet and trying to pass it off as his own thoughts. If he wants to criticise Islam then he should have done so from his base in America. Guys like him are a proxy for the Indian government, hellbent on destabilising neighbouring countries, in his case Bangladesh. I don't wish death on anyone but he should have realised his views would endanger his life.

I hate Bangladeshis who side with guys like him. There are some Muslims in Bangladesh who want to be seen as secular so side with infidels like him. They should realise Islam will always dominate Bangladesh. We need to make sure Islam becomes the default culture of Bangladesh, not Bengali, which was mostly defined by Hindus like Tagore.

Last edited:
This guy was a pseudo-intellectual, ripping off other people's work off the Internet and trying to pass it off as his own thoughts. If he wants to criticise Islam then he should have done so from his base in America. Guys like him are a proxy for the Indian government, hellbent on destabilising neighbouring countries, in his case Bangladesh. I don't wish death on anyone but he should have realised his views would endanger his life.

I hate Bangladeshis who side with guys like him. There are some Muslims in Bangladesh who want to be seen as secular so side with infidels like him. They should realise Islam will always dominate Bangladesh. We need to make sure Islam becomes the default culture of Bangladesh, not Bengali, which was mostly defined by Hindus like Tagore.

Hypocrisy of these so called Muslims amazes me. They will live in secular west and reap all its benefit and scream Islamophobia at the drop of hat, and at the same time want non Muslims to be expelled or killed from what they consider Muslim land.

These are the same guys who are treated as second class citizens by their fellow Arab Muslims and literally made to lick their feet.

There will be a time when the rest of the world would just have enough of these barbarians, and then they wont have a place to go to propagate their sick ideology.

Last edited:
hahaha.... terrorist!! even quoting Allama iqbal on the signature!!! as if Bangladesh never had great poets!!! shows your true face... it reeks of anti bangladeshi jamaati love!!!
Quoting Allama Iqbal makes him a terrorist?

Quoting Allama Iqbal makes him a terrorist?
What makes him terrorist is rejoicing murder of Abhijit Roy's murder publicly in this forum. I'm sure he did the same for Charlie Hebdo murderers, but not openly, because - FBI.

What makes him terrorist is rejoicing murder of Abhijit Roy's murder publicly in this forum. I'm sure he did the same for Charlie Hebdo murderers, but not openly, because - FBI.
Him and his countrymen can do whatever they please without bringing Pakistan and respected Pakistanis into this.

Him and his countrymen can do whatever they please without bringing Pakistan and respected Pakistanis into this.
That's fine if you want to sort that one out with Bangladeshis, however Iqbal died in 1938, just saying!

I honestly think Hindu Bengalis will be better off in WB/India. They will always be treated as second class citizens in Bangladesh much in the same way Muslims are treated in India. Yes you can point to a few Muslims that have done well but they are extremely small minority and you have these rare instances highlighted time and again to paint a merry picture, but in truth, by and large, Muslims are treated with contempt across India. Not much better than how blacks were treated in pre-1960s America.

Then UK govt. should expel you as an unassimilated welfare parasite,a relegius nutjob, threat to their state and society.Bangladesh was founded by rejecting the religion based nationalism.There is no scope to discriminate to anyone on the basis of religion.

Keep your dirty hands off Bangladesh and everything will be fine!
How is my favorite Jamaati lapdog doing today:rofl:!Son,tor bhikkar bati ta niye Petrapol border e te chole ay toke ami dine dubela 2 to kore sukno ruti khete debo,ami amar parar sob kukur der ke roj ruti khawai,tokeo nahoy pushbo oder sathe:lol:

Correction, he was Mushrik.
Just like the way you are nothing but a lowly Mlechcha(impure barbarian) to us Hindus!!

How is my favorite Jamaati lapdog doing today:rofl:!Son,tor bhikkar bati ta niye Petrapol border e te chole ay toke ami dine dubela 2 to kore sukno ruti khete debo,ami amar parar sob kukur der ke roj ruti khawai,tokeo nahoy pushbo oder sathe:lol:

A zionazi pet talks of a lap dog, now isn't that funny? Tore maake nie buse kore bordere chole aae, dekhis abaar maar goa mere dish naa, toder shobhaab khub kharap!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom