What's new

"Asking an Indian to define what is India is like asking LGTV to define what is a Woman"

no need to be snide or angry. I gave you an opportunity to find your mistake yourself but tool arrogance got into your way.

You are working very hard on a question that was not asked, and missed the actual question / contention. Shall I tell you what it is , or would you like to find it yourself? Give it a shot.

Hint: it is a common but serious error that statistician turned programmers make.

Cut the crap and say directly. You think you're same as Pakistanis and I showed you you're not, based on science not on mere opinions.

I want this quote to be remembered forever. Just like PDF invented the term Gangu, this term quote be immortalised by PDF. Spread it everywhere on Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc.

Great video, but the question was not really answered, better answer here, same logic also kind of applies to India. A transgender person here is saying just because some woman can't have babies medically, then a transgender woman (who also cannot have babies) - can call herself a "woman". Beautifully explained by Matt Walsh.

Some Hindutva folks like to say Bharatvarsh is 100,000 years old and should be defined as "one country". But since there are multiple (one could say "myriad") cultures and peoples in India (so many as a matter of fact) that one cannot call it as "one country".

Rather India is a collection of peoples and cultures, each more distinct than another next to it.

Artificially trying to "unite" this collection of peoples and cultures (as the Hindutvas are trying to do as a "fake" exercise) is like saying Gujaratis and Monipuris have Hindu religion so they should "unite" and believe in the same thing. It is an insult to both groups.

Just because one "identifies" as a woman does not make them women.

Just because Monipuris worship idols, does not make them automatic "Hindutva" candidates.

The point is, trying to unite "Hindus" under one "Hindutva" umbrella will never work. Too many cultural and value dissonances and differences.

The sooner Hindutva people realize this (and stop pulling tropes on who is a "better or worse Hindu" under casteism, as is their ideal), the better it will be for all Hindus and for the future of India. Add non-Hindu treatment by Hindus (majoritarianism) to this as well. Hindutvas need to do better on non-Hindu inclusivity.

And before trolls jump on me for saying this, I'd say the same for various Muslim populations in the subcontinent. But there are lesser issues there, because Islam was from the get-go an egalitarian religion.

Last edited:
Respect.

This is a welcome addition to 2 most frequent definitions given about nation state called India.

1. India is a mob masquerading as a Nation.

2. India is a symbol of perversion and piracy.

Back
Top Bottom