What's new

Ashraf Ghani's Bodyguard Assassinated

Alizai is my family name, its a funny story that my grandfather (may he rest in peace) told me when I was younger, my ancestor I forgot what his name was from the Durrani tribe accompanied Dost Mohammad Khan Barakzai, but after Dost Mohammad was successful, he then executed my ancestor for fear that his power would grow more. I don't know how much this story is true, but I take it with a grain of salt today.

Ok. I knew a brother from the Alizai tribe from Hazro. I also know another brother from the Alizai tribe who is a journalist and manager for a Pashto newspaper. He has a friend in the Afghan Ministry who knows a lot about Pashtun tribes.

Ok. I knew a brother from the Alizai tribe from Hazro. I also know another brother from the Alizai tribe who is a journalist and manager for a Pashto newspaper. He has a friend in the Afghan Ministry who knows a lot about Pashtun tribes.

Wow nice, they are probably related to me by distant relatives, are they from Kabul or Kandahar?

Alizai is my family name, its a funny story that my grandfather (may he rest in peace) told me when I was younger, my ancestor I forgot what his name was from the Durrani tribe accompanied Dost Mohammad Khan Barakzai to Kabul, but after Dost Mohammad was successful, he then executed my ancestor for fear that his power would grow more, his kids however were pardoned and they thereafter settled in Kabul. I don't know how much this story is true, but I take it with a grain of salt today.

Its just that we have quite a lot of Pashto names. For example, Sakali meaning "happiness, tranquility and ease", in Pashto. Also, saukali in Pashto. Metathesised form being skaali.

Wow nice, they are probably related to me by distant relatives, are they from Kabul or Kandahar?

One of the brothers is from Kabul. The other from Hazro. He has passed away. He was from Pirdad village in Hazro. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala have mercy on him - Ameen.

Its just that we have quite a lot of Pashto names. For example, Sakali meaning "happiness, tranquility and ease", in Pashto. Also, saukali in Pashto. Metathesised form being skaali.

One of the brothers is from Kabul. The other from Hazro. He has passed away. He was from Pirdad village in Hazro. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala have mercy on him - Ameen.

Which tribe do you belong to?

I have found the Durranis and Alizai to be quite educated. Ma-sha Allah.

Karlaani or Karrani confederation.
Wardag (Pashto).
Wardak (Dari).

Do you think some people have joined Pashtuns and were not Pashtun originally?

Do you think some people have joined Pashtuns and were not Pashtun originally?

Definitely! The thing about Pashtuns is this...

85% of Pashtuns have R1a1 Y-DNA which is the main Iranian marker and Determines the fact that Pashtuns are either Iranian or Slavic! In which case Iranian is the logical choice! That 15% have joined the Pashtuns.

Aside from this... We are the remnants of Saka, Kushan, Parthian, and Bactrian Tribes that formed a confederation... The Tajiks are also related to us, but at some point they cut off from us forming their own identity as Tajiks and we as Pashtuns.

85% of Pashtuns have R1a1 Y-DNA which is the main Iranian marker and Determines the fact that Pashtuns are either Iranian or Slavic! In which case Iranian is the logical choice! That 15% have joined the Pashtuns.

Aside from this... We are the remnants of Saka, Kushan, Parthian, and Bactrian Tribes that formed a confederation... The Tajiks are also related to us, but at some point they cut off from us forming their own identity as Tajiks and we as Pashtuns.

Tajiks are related to Pashtuns. We have a Kushan name among my ancestors "Shao".
It is the Kushan form of Middle Persian "shah".

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=udnBkQhzHH4C&pg=PA7&lpg=PA7&dq=shao+kushan&source=bl&ots=eyUpc3ECR1&sig=ACfU3U2gzo03_Swy2Ubaan189UjsZzaBLQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwidnpTimPjoAhWHVBUIHXd1DyYQ6AEwFXoECAUQAQ#v=onepage&q=shao kushan&f=false

I fully agree with you that Pashtuns are Iranian people.

What do you think of Khattaks?
Do you think some of them have married non-Pashtuns?

Tajiks are related to Pashtuns. We have a Kushan name among my ancestors "Shao".
It is the Kushan form of Middle Persian "shah".

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=udnBkQhzHH4C&pg=PA7&lpg=PA7&dq=shao+kushan&source=bl&ots=eyUpc3ECR1&sig=ACfU3U2gzo03_Swy2Ubaan189UjsZzaBLQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwidnpTimPjoAhWHVBUIHXd1DyYQ6AEwFXoECAUQAQ#v=onepage&q=shao kushan&f=false

I fully agree with you that Pashtuns are Iranian people.

What do you think of Khattaks?
Do you think some of them have married non-Pashtuns?

I am not sure about that, let me ask one of the members who knows much more about this than I. Wanna take over from here bro @Pan-Islamic-Pakistan

I am not sure about that, let me ask one of the members who knows much more about this than I. Wanna take over from here bro @Pan-Islamic-Pakistan

Assalam alaikum brother @Pashtuni

Glad to see these conversations taking place on this forum. And glad to see you here as well.

Tajiks are an interesting group as they are claimed by three races, namely Iranians, Turks, and Afghans/Pashtoons.

It is sad however that they have been used via NA to promote internal instability in Afghanistan and hatred against Pashtoons.

From what I gather, they are probably closer to Turkic people and Afghans than Iranians.

I have a thread I created sometime about Sakas, Kushans, and Hepthalites in the Pakistan history section. Check it out.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-sakas-scythians-kushans-hephthalites-white-huns.610977/

Also if you have some information on Afghan history and genealogy, it would greatly be appreciated on this forum. We need more people interested in these topics. You could create threads to educate people here.

Glad to see these conversations taking place on this forum. And glad to see you here as well.

Tajiks are an interesting group as they are claimed by three races, namely Iranians, Turks, and Afghans/Pashtoons.

It is sad however that they have been used via NA to promote internal instability in Afghanistan and hatred against Pashtoons.

From what I gather, they are probably closer to Turkic people and Afghans than Iranians.

I have a thread I created sometime about Sakas, Kushans, and Hepthalites in the Pakistan history section. Check it out.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-sakas-scythians-kushans-hephthalites-white-huns.610977/

Also if you have some information on Afghan history and genealogy, it would greatly be appreciated on this forum. We need more people interested in these topics. You could create threads to educate people here.

Wa-Alaykum Assalam dear brother. I do have information on the origin of Pashtuns or Pakhtuns including the Pashto or Pakhto language. I will share information, insha Allah.

Thank you for the link.
Dera mananah.

I have spent time with people from Badakhshan. One brother told me that Persian or Farsi is not there original language. My opinion is that Tajiki people are related to Pashtuns.

There are different ways a person can identify one's origin:

1. Genealogical family names.
2. Language.
3. Names of towns or villages where one's family or relatives reside, or used to reside.
4. Culture.
5. Physical features.
6. Now we have DNA.
7. By reading and studying. Also, by sharing information with others.
8. The most important is by supplicating to Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala.

Last edited:
After reading the article, I was only Interested in knowing one thing. Afghanistan has suburbs??

https://dsalsrv04.uchicago.edu/cgi-bin/app/raverty_query.py?page=793

We use it for a person. Its Pashto.

Krriingedal is the verb intransitive. To become distorted or crooked.
The verb.n. being krriingedanah or krriingedah.

Krriingawul is the verb transitive. To make crooked or twist.
Krriingawunah being the verb.n.

https://dsalsrv04.uchicago.edu/cgi-bin/app/raverty_query.py?page=794

There is another term we use "kagey".
Plural for "twisted, crooked, bent." We use it sometimes for someone's ears that are bent or crooked.

https://dsalsrv04.uchicago.edu/cgi-bin/app/raverty_query.py?page=821

Yes kagay we use too as in kog or kaga. Never heard or seen anyone this side use krriingedal. We use darghal for a crooked person.

Yes kagay we use too as in kog or kaga. Never heard or seen anyone this side use krriingedal. We use darghal for a crooked person.

We use "krrung" which is our form of "krriing", in the sense a person who is twisted, all on one side.

Last edited:
We use "krrung" which is our form of "krriing", in the sense a person who is twisted, all on one side.

Where are u basically from? Pashto is really vast and ancient.

Back
Top Bottom