What's new

Ashraf Ghani's Bodyguard Assassinated

I do not think Pakistan is voluntarily going to give Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and other areas to Afghanistan. Well, at least it does not seem so in the present time.
More important Question,
Would people living in KPK would like to be part of war zone,a state under occupation that too when largest Urban Pashtun(Karachi almost 60 million,greater than top ten largest Urban areas of Afg)population lives in an area which is neither part of Afghanistan nor KPK?

Definitely! The thing about Pashtuns is this...

85% of Pashtuns have R1a1 Y-DNA which is the main Iranian marker and Determines the fact that Pashtuns are either Iranian or Slavic! In which case Iranian is the logical choice! That 15% have joined the Pashtuns.

Aside from this... We are the remnants of Saka, Kushan, Parthian, and Bactrian Tribes that formed a confederation... The Tajiks are also related to us, but at some point they cut off from us forming their own identity as Tajiks and we as Pashtuns.
Yup, "Irano-Afghan"

More important Question,
Would people living in KPK would like to be part of war zone,a state under occupation that too when largest Urban Pashtun(Karachi almost 60 million,greater than top ten largest Urban areas of Afg)population lives in an area which is neither part of Afghanistan nor KPK?

I do not know. That is for each individual to decide. Also, Pakhtun history is approximately 3500 years old.

Yup, "Irano-Afghan"

Hello 925boy.

If you do not mind me asking you, are you Pashtun?

Pashtuns are mainly east Iranian people.
The Kurdish and Persians being west Iranian people.

I do not know. That is for each individual to decide. Also, Pakhtun history is approximately 3500 years old.
Well,it all comes down to incentive in todays world,with tribal culture seeing a sharp decline 3500 years don't mean anything,things have changed as they do change with time.KPK and FATA won't merge with Afghanistan until or unless some foreign power comes in breaks Pakistan and gives Afghanistan KPK and FATA on platter.
After death of Ahmad Shah Durrani,Kabul has only seen one capable ruler Amanullah Khan all other were solid dimwits(minus Daud Shah).

More important Question,

My 2 cents, That's for the people of KPK to decide.
Of course under current circumstances no one would leave the Pakistani federation for Afghanistan and I as an Afghan wouldn't want that either. It's not in the best interest of the people of KPK. Even though Pakistan is not perfect, it's a better alternative to current Afghanistan.

In the long run, these modern borders will change. There are simply too many ethnicities and languages in Afghanistan and Pakistan. One solution is to make Farsi or Urdu as the national language and unify all these people into a state. But this comes at the expense of sacrifying local languages and identity for the all encompassing national identity. This idea is not acceptable to me as a Pashtun. I want my lanaguage and unique identity to be preserved. In both Pakistan and Afghanistan, my language has not flourished because it has take backseat to Farsi and Urdu and now rven English. So in the interests of my language, I prefer a unified Pashtun state with losely defined borders which is part of a bigger union comprising of Punjabis, Sindhis, Tajiks, Kashmiris and Balochis. I don't classify this as racism or anti Islam but fairly natural.

The Pashtuns who live in Karachi can stay there as long as they respect the local laws and culture and might even be assimilated into Sindhi culture one day.

Of course under current circumstances no one would leave the Pakistani federation for Afghanistan and I as an Afghan wouldn't want that either. It's not in the best interest of the people of KPK. Even though Pakistan is not perfect, it's a better alternative to current Afghanistan.

In the long run, these modern borders will change. There are simply too many ethnicities and languages in Afghanistan and Pakistan. One solution is to make Farsi or Urdu as the national language and unify all these people into a state. But this comes at the expense of sacrifying local languages and identity for the all encompassing national identity. This idea is not acceptable to me as a Pashtun. I want my lanaguage and unique identity to be preserved. In both Pakistan and Afghanistan, my language has flourished because it has take backseat to Farsi and Urdu and now rven English. So in the interests of my language, I prefer a unified Pashtun state with losely defined borders which is part of a bigger union comprising of Punjabis, Sindhis, Tajiks, Kashmiris and Balochis. I don't classify this as racism or anti Islam but fairly natural.

The Pashtuns who live in Karachi can stay there as long as they respect the local laws and culture and might even be assimilated into Sindhi culture one day.
Let's see, thing change and formation of such a state can't be ruled out in future,it only needs sense of co-existance and respect based upon greater economic and security interest of people.

Well,it all comes down to incentive in todays world,with tribal culture seeing a sharp decline 3500 years don't mean anything,things have changed as they do change with time.KPK and FATA won't merge with Afghanistan until or unless some foreign power comes in breaks Pakistan and gives Afghanistan KPK and FATA on platter.
After death of Ahmad Shah Durrani,Kabul has only seen one capable ruler Amanullah Khan all other were solid dimwits(minus Daud Shah).

Ok. I generally stated Pashtun history is approximately 3500 years old. Not in relation to Pashtuns having a unified land comprising of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Afghanistan's Pashtun areas.

Pashtun history does have significance for Pashtuns. Hence, I have a Pashtun historical and linguistical project with the Pashtun community in UK. Alhamdulillah.

In the long run, these modern borders will change. There are simply too many ethnicities and languages in Afghanistan and Pakistan. One solution is to make Farsi or Urdu as the national language and unify all these people into a state. But this comes at the expense of sacrifying local languages and identity for the all encompassing national identity. This idea is not acceptable to me as a Pashtun. I want my lanaguage and unique identity to be preserved. In both Pakistan and Afghanistan, my language has not flourished because it has take backseat to Farsi and Urdu and now rven English. So in the interests of my language, I prefer a unified Pashtun state with losely defined borders which is part of a bigger union comprising of Punjabis, Sindhis, Tajiks, Kashmiris and Balochis. I don't classify this as racism or anti Islam but fairly natural.

I support the preservation of all languages including Pashto. I do find it bemusing that some people say Pashto is a recent language. Have they studied the etymology of Pashto?

Examples:

Do they know the origin of "kawul" or "spogmaey" or "spee" or "melmastia"?

Last edited:
Hello 925boy.

If you do not mind me asking you, are you Pashtun?

Pashtuns are mainly east Iranian people.
The Kurdish and Persians being west Iranian people.
Hi. Not a problem to ask at all. I have 0% Afghan or Iranic blood in me. I do find these discussions interesting though. Thanks for sharing.

@Pashtuni Take a look at this blog,and try contacting writer,if you don't know him.
https://historyofpashtuns.blogspot.com

I have came across that site. It has some good information. However, our project is about the origins of Pakhtuns or Pashtuns. The meanings of Pashtun, Pakhtun, their original lands, their progenitor, their different names throughout history, and the etymology of Pashto. Also, looking at the origin of different Pashtun confederations and tribes with meanings. The original language of Pashtuns too, etc. Alhamdulillah.

Hi. Not a problem to ask at all. I have 0% Afghan or Iranic blood in me. I do find these discussions interesting though. Thanks for sharing.

I only asked out of interest. I support the preservation of all languages. Also, I believe we should respect each irrespective of our ethnic racial background. All languages are related.

I have came across that site. It has some good information. However, our project is about the origins of Pakhtuns or Pashtuns. The meanings of Pashtun, Pakhtun, their original lands, their progenitor, their different names throughout history, and the etymology of Pashto. Also, looking at the origin of different Pashtun confederations and tribes with meanings. The original language of Pashtuns too, etc. Alhamdulillah.
What about Bani-Israel theory?

Some ancestors of Iranian people including Pashtuns resided in the Middle East in ancient times. That is the connection. As far as I know Pashtuns or Pakhtuns are originally Iranian or Iranic people. They are not descendants of Bani Israel.

When some Pashtuns or Pakhtuns became Muslim they changed their names to Arabic names. Hence, the Maseed tribe has an Arabic name Mahsud. Some chose names which sounded similar to their previous ones.

Also, the ten lost tribes of Israel were deported around 722 BCE. The progenitor of the Pashtuns or Pakhtuns dates back to approximately 1700 to 1800 BCE. That is approximately 1000 years earlier.

Also, the ten lost tribes of Israel were deported around 722 BCE. The progenitor of the Pashtuns or Pakhtuns dates back to approximately 1700 to 1800 BCE. That is approximately 1000 years earlier.
Where is oldest written Pashtu inscription?

Where is oldest written Pashtu inscription?

Pashto is not the original and oldest language of Pakhtuns. There were languages before Pashto. A lot of languages have been orally transmitted.
So, if someone thinks they are more Pashtun or Pakhtun by speaking contemporary Pashto, then they are in a delusion.

Last edited:
Ok. I generally stated Pashtun history is approximately 3500 years old. Not in relation to Pashtuns having a unified land comprising of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Afghanistan's Pashtun areas.

Pashtun history does have significance for Pashtuns. Hence, I have a Pashtun historical and linguistical project with the Pashtun community in UK. Alhamdulillah.

I support the preservation of all languages including Pashto. I do find it bemusing that some people say Pashto is a recent language. Have they studied the etymology of Pashto?

Examples:

Do they know the origin of "kawul" or "spogmaey" or "spee" or "melmastia"?

The thing is that the oldest record of written Pashto language go back only about 5 hundred years. We can't say with certainty how old Pashto language is as there are no clear historical records.
However what we can say with certainty is that Pashto language is older than it's written records suggest.

Back
Top Bottom