What's new

Aselpod on Jf17 spotted

I don't know what you are trying to say.... Turkey has it's own source codes in it's entire F16 fleet since 2012. They rewrote the whole damn thing themselves.

http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16339

They have the whole shebang, just like the Israelis do. For a professional, you seem one decade outdated.

@cabatli_53 , @Oscar your input would be much appreciated.
very informative link,
but can you elaborate these words:
" the US has in addition to selling Predator drones provided Turkey with the source codes for the F-16.
"

If I remember correctly, the Predator deal never materialized and Turkey, with the US's blessing opted for Israeli drones back then, and later came the ANKA.

very informative link,
but can you elaborate these words:
" the US has in addition to selling Predator drones provided Turkey with the source codes for the F-16.
"

If I remember correctly, the Predator deal never materialized and Turkey, with the US's blessing opted for Israeli drones back then, and later came the ANKA.
Yeah you are right, according to Times of Israel:
‘US canceled deal to supply Turkey with drones’
Report in Turkish daily claims Ankara's exposure of Iranian assets working with Mossad prompted Congress to rescind agreement

https://www.timesofisrael.com/us-canceled-deal-to-supply-turkey-with-drones/

I don't know what you are trying to say.... Turkey has it's own source codes in it's entire F16 fleet since 2012. They rewrote the whole damn thing themselves.

http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16339

They have the whole shebang, just like the Israelis do. For a professional, you seem one decade outdated.

@cabatli_53 , @Oscar your input would be much appreciated.
He is referring to the Aselpod. Take the specs side to side and it is very similar to the litening II simply because it is the same pod.(doesn’t make it a bad pod)

And while having Source codes is one thing, having the entire source code is different.

Having source codes does not mean that the level of access is complete.
Source codes is a very vague term, since it can mean access to the source codes that allow weapon communications protocols or it can mean having access to just change the language of the cockpit displays.

He is referring to the Aselpod. Take the specs side to side and it is very similar to the litening II simply because it is the same pod.(doesn’t make it a bad pod)

From weight, to size/diameter, from TV camera to IR sensor, from laser designation type to detection range parameters, All are different. How did you reach such a result that Litening-2 and AselPod are same because of their specifications ?

From weight, to size/diameter, from TV camera to IR sensor, from laser designation type to detection range parameters, All are different. How did you reach such a result that Litening-2 and AselPod are same because of their specifications ?

Bro, don't take them seriously... they started this premise all based on the photo comparison I did years ago, do you remember it ?

This one;
6c1c30b7-aa47-4cd0-9b96-4a3d1af91e3e.png

We know the years of work our engineers have put into the Aselpod, from drawings to prototype to serial production to export and tail burns :-)

Bro, don't take them seriously... they started this premise all based on the photo comparison I did years ago, do you remember it ?

This one;

We know the years of work our engineers have put into the Aselpod, from drawings to prototype to serial production to export and tail burns :-)

I also don't get the point of mentioning years of work strategic Turkish engineering system as being same of Israeli Pod from 90's.

There is nothing wrong with ASELPOD decision, while KM made a killer on the deal, its a good start for JF17 PGM delivery cap.
Was there any other option. Secondly do PAF have the right to modify it and more importantly can we do so? A response if possible would be appreciated.

Not the same, but extremely similar.
The sensors are likely the same along with a variety of subsystems.

This one;

There is no doubting the work. But there is no need to disguise sourcing and development.

The Israelis learnt a LOT of their tech by spying on the Americans and Europe, once they got to a level then they took off. At least Turkey is not spying or stealing; they are taking proven systems and improving upon them which allows them to develop their own.

I also don't get the point of mentioning years of work strategic Turkish engineering system as being same of Israeli Pod from 90's.

You know bro atleast this time they mentioned Litening II, last time they said it was a copy of Litening III - which isn't even in Turkish inventory to copy off.. :-) any way, on to copying EOTS for Aselsan.

Was there any other option. Secondly do PAF have the right to modify it and more importantly can we do so? A response if possible would be appreciated.

This was the best option, for the price and value both.

Not the same, but extremely similar.
The sensors are likely the same along with a variety of subsystems.

There is no doubting the work. But there is no need to disguise sourcing and development.

It takes around 15 years to develop national sight sensors. At present, Turkey is a global player in those sensor in almost all band width, not only lab scale design/development but also production serially.

images

And why should i tell you that?
Well you made the specific remark. So you have let the cat out of the bag, might as well show us the true colours. The fact is probably most deals result in a 3-5% kick back. I dont know now but at one time when you became the Air Chief you got no pension but got a fixed Percentage of the buys that were made.
Info Courtesy of another one of your Rank's sake.
A

Back
Top Bottom