What's new

As world biggest developing nation, China achieves goal of electricity for all 1.4billion Chinese

Considering there are only 2 countries with > 1 bln of people, no other countries can enter the race for that title :lol:

One day the whole of Mainland China will have a similar GDP per capita to Hong Kong, Macau and Singapore (since these are also majority Chinese).

That is power man. No other country in the world will even be able to come close.

You are lucky you have modern machinery to help. Other countries had to do it before even the car/truck was invented.:o:

Small Western countries does not have the same geographical obstacles as China and it's also bullshit to claim that because there are trucks now China has it easy. Don't tell me that Europeans had it so tough transforming their countries into a developed ones because they had to carry materials all the way to the mountains :rofl:

Well it is up to individual buildings to heat the water. They only have a cold water main leading into them. I was talking more about not needing to boil/treat water that comes out of that cold water main before being able to drink it.
Now most Chinese families already install solar water heater and gas water heater, so we have 24x hours hot water in home ... but that hot water only for bath ... at least in my home we still use the electric kettle boil water or we heat barrelled water by water dispenser for drink

444408_1265348406zR73.jpg

559611_1.jpg

39635656.jpg

08-52171178.jpg

wKhQr1MwBjaEXEz6AAAAAJX-OLg250.jpg

One day the whole of Mainland China will have a similar GDP per capita to Hong Kong, Macau and Singapore (since these are also majority Chinese).

That is power man. No other country in the world will even be able to come close.

China has a long way to go in terms of developing the Western side just as modern as the Coastal areas but nevertheless it is making great progress. It's a huge country with a massive population :china:

China has a long way to go in terms of developing the Western side just as modern as the Coastal areas but nevertheless it is making great progress. It's a huge country with a massive population :china:

Nobody thought Hong Kong would develop this fast either, we did it in only a few decades.

And China today is in fact developing much faster than HK did in the 1970's-1980's.

China's rise is the fastest any country has ever risen in all of recorded human history. It shouldn't be a surprise though, everyone knows the potential of Chinese people. The only thing that can possibly stop our rise is the end of the world. :P

Now most Chinese families already install solar water heater and gas water heater, so we have 24x hours hot water in home ... but that hot water only for bath ...

Yes, I believe China is laying down lots of Natural Gas pipe. Natural Gas has a long history in parts of the US. We had natural gas piped into homes in the 1800's BEFORE electricity. People used to light their homes with it (yes, open flames in hallways) and streetlights used it (yes, some unlucky guy on a ladder would light them all). As you noted one thing Natural Gas was also leveraged for was for heating water (usually a water tank in the basement...but you can go tankless)

As more and more buildings get access to natural gas I bet you will see more widespread availability of piped hot water into people's homes/apartments.

still use the electric kettle boil water or we heat barrelled water by water dispenser for drink

It's only a matter of time (hopefully) before the Chinese government implements a countrywide clean water initiative. You shouldn't have to boil your water. There's plenty of tech to clean water.

Yes, I believe China is laying down lots of Natural Gas pipe. Natural Gas has a long history in parts of the US. We had natural gas piped into homes in the 1800's BEFORE electricity. People used to light their homes with it (yes, open flames in hallways) and streetlights used it (yes, some unlucky guy on a ladder would light them all). As you noted one thing Natural Gas was also leveraged for was for heating water (usually a water tank in the basement...but you can go tankless)

As more and more buildings get access to natural gas I bet you will see more widespread availability of piped hot water into people's homes/apartments.
Natural gas pipe not new for Chinese, it's the standard pipe for many buildings built after 2005 ... my home has the natural gas pipe, we use the natural gas for cooking & bathing (access to gas stove & gas water heater).

It's only a matter of time (hopefully) before the Chinese government implements a countrywide clean water initiative. You shouldn't have to boil your water. There's plenty of tech to clean water.
There's some water purifier selling very well in China market ... but it can't heat water, just filter the water for drink.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
35792894.jpg

There's some water purifier selling very well in China market ... but it can't heat water, just filter the water for drink.

Yeah but the government should be doing that on their end. As I said I'm sure that will be around the corner as the next initiative. This is not something unusual,

Screen Shot 2015-12-26 at 12.10.36 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-12-26 at 12.13.30 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-12-26 at 12.14.36 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-12-26 at 12.15.08 AM.jpg

They sell 6 stage reverse osmosis systems here but it isn't common for people to have one...unless you are unlucky to be in some area where the water quality has some unusual issue.

No, even when I was in the west, I only drink boiled water.
Drinking cold water is harmful to health, according to Chinese medicine.

Natural gas pipe not new for Chinese, it's the standard pipe for many buildings built after 2005 ... my home has the natural gas pipe, we use the natural gas for cooking & bathing (access to gas stove & gas water heater).

View attachment 282429 View attachment 282430 View attachment 282431View attachment 282439
Such device helps little to Chinese who drink hot water most of the time.

Yeah but the government should be doing that on their end. As I said I'm sure that will be around the corner as the next initiative. This is not something unusual,

View attachment 282446
View attachment 282451

View attachment 282452

View attachment 282453

They sell 6 stage reverse osmosis systems here but it isn't common for people to have one...unless you are unlucky to be in some area where the water quality has some unusual issue.
We never drink water without boiled ... whatever the SAFE WATER looks so clean, those rusty water pipes under ground and germs inside PE pipes & stainless steel faucets, make me feel sick ! NO, we only drink boiled water for our health, the water pipes becoming hotbeds for bacteria, how often ur government change whole water pipes once time ? And we also need hot water with Green Tea.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom