What's new

Argentina : First export customer for JF-17?

Nope, they can still drag their feet on this if Putin decides so. In that case there is nothing much the Chinese can do. Thinking about it, why dont they make their own engine to power the JF-17?
I don't see Russia doing anything against the Chinese right now. As for their own engine, i think we might see a Chinese engine in the JF-17 sometime in the future.

Ideally, Argentina should focus on getting a mix of Su-35BM (in limited numbers), backed by either MiG-35 or FC-1s if they are on offer.
What part of economic problems did you not understand?
But still the combat range of Mk.1 is around jus 300 KM in compare to 1300 KM of JF-17 and 800 Km of Gripen. Thats mind boggling stats, it means Mk.1 has 20% range of JF-17 with similar fuel load.
Must be some error. 300KM range is not really possible.

The conditions under which these calculations have been done have not been mentioned by the company-- so while make the above graphs I used data available as such. There are also the arguments that that 1] delta fighters need more thrust engines to take care of the higher drag whereas not the case with jft -- 2] rd93 uses less fuel

Then what the use of delta wings, jus maneuverability.

I dont get it maneuverability was so much imp. for ADA to reduce the operational capability of aircraft.

Must be some error. 300KM range is not really possible.

It is bro, 300 Km is official combat radius for Mk.1 . Thats disgusting.

Then what the use of delta wings, jus maneuverability.

I dont get it maneuverability was so much imp. for ADA to reduce the operational capability of aircraft.
perhaps iaf preferred the higher instantaneous turn rate of their mirages rather than higher sustained rates of f18/16s and wanted to implement that feature in lca

Ideally, Argentina should focus on getting a mix of Su-35BM (in limited numbers), backed by either MiG-35 or FC-1s if they are on offer.

Certainly, Argentina is a middle income country and can afford these fighters which are good alternates to European jets.

Argentines won't attack; they will have the muscle to overfly the islands. UK is just too far to hold any logistics supply chain and without a carrier, they are more vulnerable than ever.

What's more. This time Argentina has the solid support of Brazil, Venezuela and other fellow South American countries.

DOESNT matter if Argentina has the support of Brazil or venezuela or China or whoever. We control/hold the islands now for decades and that wont change anytime soon. Moreover our citizens have been living there now for a veryyy long time and the falkland island people by an overwhelming majority want to remain british. nOTHING ARGENTINA CAN DO ABOUT THIS, bar a war(which we all know wont happen.:) So end of story, they can keep whinning.. Same like Russia wont ever give back the Sakhalin islands to Japan, or Japan wont ever give back the senkakus islands back to China. who holds and control a territory today owns it. hihihihihihihih.:)

perhaps iaf preferred the higher instantaneous turn rate of their mirages rather than higher sustained rates of f18/16s and wanted to implement that feature in lca

But that was idiotic move. And now IAF complaining for that.

300 Km combat radius is like, no use other than CAS.

Call For End To Foreign Aid To Argentina As It Buys Fighter Jets From China - Breitbart

like i said earlier that Chinese FC-1 was made for Argentina!!

HMMMMM....I dont think Moscow will agree to sell its RD-93 engines which powers this aircraft. Since they seem to have lost the deal themself. So that will be a dead end if Moscow vetoes any engine transfer.lol

they've already agreed to provide engines even though they know its a competitor for Russian market.

Good news if it is true, I wonder how would the Argentinian thunders look like their paint job schme etc ?

Nonsense. We produce various version of WS-10 engine to equip locally used J-10A/B so there is little reason to divert attention to JF-17 engine when we have our hand full on more important project.

In addition, you have to understand that this sale is mainly to seek cooperation and influence in Latin America and it is NOT about money. We made record profit base on normal economic trade alone, so this deal is pocket change for us. What this deal does, however, is giving us more influence while not offsetting the balance of power between Brazil/Argentina (we have good relation with them since they are part of BRICS). It is also carefully graft in a way that we sell JF-17 instead of J-10s to avoid misunderstanding with UK which have the whole EU backing. We have good relation with EU so no reason to upset over dispute which is irrelevant to us. You are right, nothing to worry about. If we want to give you headache, we would done so easily.

Ok Mighty Dragon.:enjoy:

Call For End To Foreign Aid To Argentina As It Buys Fighter Jets From China - Breitbart

like i said earlier that Chinese FC-1 was made for Argentina!!

they've already agreed to provide engines even though they know its a competitor for Russian market.

If its True Emperor Putin has indeed agreed to supply engines for this jet, then i must say Putin is a benevolent Emperor unlike i thought. Pakistan and China have to say a big Thank you to him, since without him, this fighter jet is going nowhere.:)

The best thing that I like about this thread is the comment from an unnamed senior RAF source who said:
“The procurement of Chinese aircraft is worrying; they are modern, fast and very capable. However, we have a robust capability in the Falklands and I imagine that de Kirchner is trying to reinforce her military to strengthen her foreign policy at the negotiating table."
If the RAF source is referring to JF-17 then it is a matter of pride for Pakistan. I agree with him that right now war between Britain and Argentina is unlikely and negotiating table is the best option for Argentina. However if Argentina buys JF-17 then Pakistan can give training to Argentinian pilots and earn some goodwill in South America.

IF the Argentenian JF17 is to see combat then its developers must make sure that the avionics package is up to the task, for its combat record will have great impact on its export.

@MastanKhan thoughts?

IF the Argentenian JF17 is to see combat then its developers must make sure that the avionics package is up to the task, for its combat record will have great impact on its export.
It will depend upon the money that Argentina is ready to spend on modern avionics. And they don't have very much of that.

they didnt go for the old su24, why would they go for l15? selling rd93 would be a win for russia

8oyuw4F.gif

an argentinian poster posted this pic [without the sound effects] next to the thunder

@MastanKhan thoughts?

Hi,

First of all the news is very interesting. Argentina is going to move from the 2nd gen aircraft to a 4th gen aircraft---. That is a major leap in technology in itself.

A Grippen or the FC 1 is a perfect aircraft for an air force like argentina to step up to the next level. It is all about the cost effectiveness, weapons and electronics package + the training and after sales service of the aircraft---. To top it off----no sanctions---.

All three weapons that it has will enhance the strike power of argentina by 1000 %---the air to sea missiles, the stand off weapons and the BVR capability---.

This is a first step in strengthening the air force---.

For the time being---let us keep the combat out the equation---. The Argentinian air force at first has to grow into this aircraft----for them---it would be a 3 to 5 years of integration period---just to really understand what this aircraft will do for them.

Once they understand what this aircraft will do for them---that is when you will see a change in their posture---but at first---they need to learn the strengths of this aircraft and its weapons systems and then how to use them to their advantage.

Last edited:
So there is a good chance that the first air-to-air combat for the Thunders might end up being on the other side of the world, against British fighters.

Brits are actually worried about a possible sale of CM-400AKG, supersonic Anti Ship Missiles which can destroy any Royal Navy ship from a stand off distance, too far for RN interceptors to chase and destroy.

Back
Top Bottom