What's new

'Are you mad? They wouldn't let me land in Pakistan': Asad Umar on journalist's query about IMF deal

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
'Are you mad? They wouldn't let me land in Pakistan': Asad Umar on journalist's query about IMF deal

Listen

Unmute
Current Time0:10
/
Duration Time0:10
Loaded: 0%
Progress: 0%

Settings

logo.png

Unmute

DUBAI: Finance Minister Asad Umar Wednesday held comprehensive meetings with high-level officials of the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) on the sidelines of the Annual Spring Meetings.

During his rounds of meetings the minister came across a journalist who inquired about the discussions he held with high-ups of IMF and treasury officials, Asad Umar, having bunch of smile on his face, responded as saying: "Are you mad? They wouldn't let me land in Pakistan."

Related Stories

The comments he made in a lighter mood do not indicate that who would not let him land in his own country if the minister unveils the crucial talks he held with high-level officials of the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF).

During his visit The finance minister also met with Hartwig Schafer, the vice president for South Asia at World Bank, and was scheduled to participate in a talk with the assistant secretary and acting assistant secretary of the US Treasury.

On the other hand, he chaired a meeting with the members of the US-Pakistan Council to explore investment opportunities and prospects in Pakistan.

the Minister , before leaving Islamabad, had said the talks with the IMF for a funding package was in their final stages. Separately, the global financial organisation released its World Economic Outlook that projected Pakistan's growth prospects at around 2.5 percent by 2024.
https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/4...stan-umar-on-journalists-query-about-imf-deal

Remember he was a glorified fertilizer salesman before he became finmin. He's still dishing out the bullshit.
And what about gangoo talee who was this countries finance minister in law. For about
Ten years

Remember he was a glorified fertilizer salesman before he became finmin. He's still dishing out the bullshit.
He could be a mochi or naayi and still not be as bad as Munshi Dar or Mufta Ismael..... Chal nikal paindu patwari

Translation
---------------

Asad Umar Tells joke.

The Jang news group was alarmed today to learn that Asad Umar told a joke. Financial backers provided stuffed envelopes (dollars of course) with instructions to write an alarming, yet incoherent peice about the event.
And the reporting was so so wrong.
He said that if he tell one news channels the other channels won't let him enter paksiatn.
And geo news twist it.
They are the worst maniacs in histroy.
Can only bycot it at personal Level.

Retards like you are sitting and waiting for times to spew out some bullshit where it doesnt even make any sense, right?

Still this doesn't change the fact that he was fertilizer salesman --- what a fate this nation has, from one munshi (ishaq dar) to another munshi ( Asad Umar).
He was the most successful CEO of one of the largest Pakistani multinationals.

Shows how paindu you are if you are comparing Umar's credentials with Dar's. Paindu panay ki bhi hadh hoti hai.

He was the most successful CEO of one of the largest Pakistani multinationals.

Shows how paindu you are if you are comparing Umar's credentials with Dar's. Paindu panay ki bhi hadh hoti hai.
There's difference between running a multinational company and a country ( tum kitna shehri ho pata chal gaya hai)-- both dar and Umar are munshis.

my first impression after reading this news was not good... perhaps international players are demanding a lot more from us (than what is publicly known) in exchange for an IMF bailout

few weeks back The Economist magazine published a very harsh article on Pakistan. The magazine proposed that world powers should use Pakistan's precarious financial position to further their geopolitical agenda.

I hope this is not true.

Really? Are you better educated than him?... Please share your resume.

He opens up new ways for our youth, now Islamia college graduate can dream about becoming a finance minister.

Asad Umar made a joke, and while I know that conspiracies are our national past time in Pakistan, let's not get so bent out of shape over an off the cuff joke.

Back
Top Bottom