What's new

Pakistan slams IMF's 'intervention' in internal matters

• Dr Pasha terms IMF mission chief's statement “extraordinary".
  • Minister says delay is neither good for Pakistan nor the IMF.

IMF is getting out of its limit now, we should teach them a lesson. I'd request the honorable PM Shehbaz to cut off the IMF program and let them cry, we won't honor their loans anymore. We'll beg from somewhere else.

• Dr Pasha terms IMF mission chief's statement “extraordinary".
  • Minister says delay is neither good for Pakistan nor the IMF.
  • She assures budget will aim at providing relief to the people.
ISLAMABAD: State Minister for Finance and Revenue Aisha Ghaus Pasha Wednesday slammed the International Monetary Fund (IMF) for "intervening" in Pakistan's internal matters.

"Pakistan’s conduct is in line with the law,” the state minister said, terming IMF Mission Chief for Pakistan Nathan Porter’s statement — regarding the political situation in Pakistan — “extraordinary”.

While the IMF does not comment on domestic politics, Porter had said that the Fund hopes "a peaceful way forward is found in line with the Constitution and the rule of law.”

Hoping that both sides will reach a staff-level agreement before the announcement of the federal budget — expected to be unveiled on June 9 — for the fiscal year 2023-24, the state minister said that the delay is neither good for Pakistan nor the Fund.

Dr Pasha confirmed reports that Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif contacted IMF Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva, adding that the premier assured the fund’s chief that Pakistan will meet all its obligations.

On May 27, PM Shehbaz contacted Georgieva, requesting her to help Pakistan revive the stalled $6.5 billion facility.

PM Shehbaz — according to the sources — requested her to intervene in order to complete the pending ninth review — which would unlock $1.1 billion in financing for the cash-strapped nation.

The coalition government has been negotiating with the Washington-based lender to revive its bailout programme since November, with the financing gap among the biggest roadblocks. There’s about $2.7 billion left to disburse from the $6.5 billion programme that’s scheduled to expire next month.

The minister, in response to a question regarding Pakistan’s plan of action in case it fails to convince the fund before the expiry of the programme — June 30 — said: “The Ministry of Finance is not sitting with its eyes closed, there is always a Plan B but our priority is to revive the IMF programme.”

Commenting on the upcoming budget, the state minister assured the masses that the finance bill will aim at providing relief to the people as this will be an “election year budget”.

On Sunday, Finance Minister Ishaq Dar said Pakistan will share its budget details with the fund. He added that he would like the IMF to clear its ninth review before the budget, which is due to be presented in early June, as all the conditions for that had already been met.

"They have asked for some more things again, we are ready to give that too, they say that give us budget details, we will give it to them," Dar said in an interview with Geo News.

Regarding the next reviews, he said it would not work for Pakistan if the IMF combined the ninth and tenth reviews of the bailout, adding, "We will not do it, (we) see this is (as) unfair."
Chutia! Beggars can't be choosers. This is what your imported PM said. So be a good b!t¢h and bend over.

Yes in present bad financial condition of Pakistan i want you people get at least 10 billion dollars immediately . IMF should give it immediately .

Discounting the poverty that’s always there
no one in Pakistan is broke .
The images and fighting over flour which was broadcasted in India as everyone is dying of hunger in Pakistan was a stunt by these criminals in charge ( the shareef s) who prey on the poor with food tokens for photo opportunity.
Just yesterday the Qatari bicycle dragged a wheelchair bound cripple child on stage as if he was a movie prop for instagram likes off her dumb followers .

IMF money will be stolen as always but this time the trickery by the army isn’t washing with them .

Modi, being Modi, is likely to ask what he will get in exchange.
he can kiss our arse

Terrible, this burning smell.
Asking this to your fellow shitty Indian Shitter who loves cuking American balls
What a fantastic sight.
for a disgusting Indian like you it would be, no ?

Arrogance while writhing at the bottom of a pit.

Never thought to see the day.
This was response to another disgusting Indian hindu who is now thankfully banned from here - what a pathetic creatures they are

Last edited:
IMF is getting out of its limit now, we should teach them a lesson. I'd request the honorable PM Shehbaz to cut off the IMF program and let them cry, we won't honor their loans anymore. We'll beg from somewhere else.

excellent idea I hope PDM accepts

he can kiss our arse
If he's lucky. The word is it's for sale. The IMF is holding an auction.

Asking this to your fellow shitty Indian Shitter who loves cuking American balls
What have I got to do with him? Out of 1.4 billion (with a 'b') Indians, I need to share the attitudes and opinions of everyone of them? I know you are a simple soul, and a linear thinker, but this is a bit too simple even by your very relaxed standards.

for a disgusting Indian like you it would be, no ?
LOL.

Isn't it cute that better Pakistanis than you find me less than disgusting? Wonder what they think about you?

A beggar is asking a lending institution not to interfere in internal matters. Someone forgot to forward him the age-old memo -- when you ask someone for something, they have full rights to question things in return. Beggars can't be choosers.

Last edited:
This was response to another disgusting Indian hindu who is now thankfully banned from here - what a pathetic creatures they are
They are, some of them, no denying it.

Some Pakistanis match them, no denying that either.

A beggar is asking a lending institution not to interfere in internal matters. Someone forgot to forward him the age-old memo -- when you ask someone for something, they have full rights to question things in return. Beggars can't be choosers, ma da chola.
Chief, that slanging match is not meant for decent people like you.

Apologies for the gol-maal. Please, just ignore it. It's embarrassing to be noticed doing these things. :bad:

The images and fighting over flour which was broadcasted in India as everyone is dying of hunger in Pakistan was a stunt by these criminals in charge ( the shareef s) who prey on the poor with food tokens for photo opportunity.
That's good to read. The pictures were awful.

When there’s an illegal military-backed government in power that follows no law or constitution then why would anyone expect them to abide by any agreement?

It’s like handing money to a violent drug cartel.

I find this comical: a self-imposed government violating every law in the book is asking another entity what not to do. Lol

I'm not sure what you mean by the question. The only obligation the IMF has is to its creditor nations to ensure they get their money back.

Any lending institution in business or country wants stability and growth, so they are comfortable knowing they'll get their money back. So it's not an unreasonable demand from anyone.

Last edited:
They are, some of them, no denying it.

Some Pakistanis match them, no denying that either.

Chief, that slanging match is not meant for decent people like you.

Apologies for the gol-maal. Please, just ignore it. It's embarrassing to be noticed doing these things. :bad:

That's good to read. The pictures were awful.

My post edited. :D

Beggars can be choosers.
They choose not to beg and work honestly.
They can choose where to beg.

If you say Pakistan cannot do either of these, they are not beggars. Indentured slave is the term I think

Since they seem to be able to say no to IMF they must have China plan B. That’d make them totally indentured . Watch out !

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom