What's new

Are these really Pakistani channels?

I think the remote of your tv is still in your hands. You have an option to change channels in that. Try it some times.

They watched it on Internet.. dont be so naive your tv channels specially news channels are not welcome at all. Pakistani channels are banned in India from long time.. its not about switching channel why keep an option even. when there is whole world to watch i bet discovery and national geo channels have more info than indian sas baho kutkhana's.
U can see how much they hate Pakistanies even in their movies and Tv channels every single issue or problem in india is cuz of Pakistan. we sud not allow our kids to watch to grow up hatters dramas.

Did you even know whom i was talking about? i was talking about Pakistani when SC ordered to close down all Indian Content Pakistani people start watching them on internet... Why not keep an Option our Industry don't make good film so what to watch? Discovery and Animals? tell that to your family that don't watch Indian content and watch Discovery and Nat Geo you'll get the answer... These channels are not for Ladies and they don't even have any interest to watch them.. Pakistani Channels are banned but not Pakistani Soap Serials... I heard that their Zindagi channel is showing Pakistani content and the Soaps were great hit... i told that if you don't want channels to show Lock the channel delete it or use parent Lock simple is that

If you Don't Like it switch the Channel they (Indian) are Watching Pakistani Dramas and Express entertainment, ARY Zindagi and GEO Kahani are channels which show Turkey and Indian Dramas they started these channels only for these Dramas where as they Show Pakistani Drama on different Channel... Don't you Watch Bollywood Films or Listen to Bollywood Songs ? they are promoting culture for there too Ban them... Don't u watch Hollywood Movies they are promoting Western Culture Ban them Also....

@Pakistani shaheens Correctly said,People have a right to switch Channels,if they don't like it. The same about Pakistani Televison channels showing Pakistani soaps,serials & dramas in India.We Indians don't force anybody to watch any Indian channels,we have many other things to do. Well I don't thing it will make any difference to Indians if u ban Indian films & Indian channels,yes there was a stringent ban earlier. During 1947 at the time of Partition,there was a ban on HINDI Language,any one teaching,learning or writing Hindi in Pakistan was considered a Traitor & even declared a Anti-National.

@Pakistani shaheens Correctly said,People have a right to switch Channels,if they don't like it. The same about Pakistani Televison channels showing Pakistani soaps,serials & dramas in India.We Indians don't force anybody to watch any Indian channels,we have many other things to do. Well I don't thing it will make any difference to Indians if u ban Indian films & Indian channels,yes there was a stringent ban earlier. During 1947 at the time of Partition,there was a ban on HINDI Language,any one teaching,learning or writing Hindi in Pakistan was considered a Traitor & even declared a Anti-National.

i have indian families in india who cant have Pakistani channel on local cable.
Pakistani commedians got beaten,
Rahat fateh ali got arrested on 10 Grand,
there are people who threatned to our singers,
Our PHD student were getting killed by indian mob in his university campus,
there isnt one single indian cenima who played Pakistani Movies ..
Our sports Player are not allowed to play in india IPL
hockey played were threatned by indians
kabadi players were cheated in wc finals
these are recent incidence. INDIAN hate and mentality shows its true color the way you portray yourself like you are innocents i think you sud stop that hindi drama.
no one wants to learn hindi in Pakistan cuz we got better language URDU.
there are school who teaches Hindi.. but who wanted to learn when they got best language

i have indian families in india who cant have Pakistani channel on local cable.
Who told u,earlier it was. In the same context,there was a ban on Indian films in Pakistan 4 decades too which did not matter

Pakistani commedians got beaten,
About Pakistani commedians beaten,what about Ali Zaffar,Veena Malik,there r many others.What about Adnan Sami

Rahat fateh ali got arrested on 10 Grand,there are people who threatned to our singers,
Acclaimed Pakistani sufi singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan was detained at Delhi airport on Sunday for possessing undeclared currency. HE was not arrested,simply detained & let off. According to the Indian laws,he can pay a fine and leave the country.Every country has it own rules & regulations.It was a very small sum,but a law is a law.

Our PHD student were getting killed by indian mob in his university campus,
How many PHD students from Pakistan were killed. Do let me know. I have read that one Pakistani student was attacked by goons in Pondicherry yet he came to India twice on a valid visa after the attacks.

there isnt one single indian cenima who played Pakistani Movies ..
A few films have been released,Kudha ke liye,BOL

Our sports Player are not allowed to play in india IPL,
Earlier it was PCB who had baned Pakistiani players for not participating in IPL. It is after the Mumbai attacks,yr players were not allowed to play. Before the Mumbai attacks the stituation was normal,Pakistani players had participated in IPL.Infact the entire Pakistani team had participated. I have also seen eating Azhar Mehmmod eating in a restuarant in Mumbai. He used to play for Mumbai Indians.

these are recent incidence. INDIAN hate and mentality shows its true color the way you portray yourself like you are innocents i think you sud stop that hindi drama.
Correctly said, But What about Pakistani hate & mentality. Do read yr History text books,everything is not one sided

no one wants to learn hindi in Pakistan cuz we got better language URDU.
there are school who teaches Hindi.. but who wanted to learn when they got best language
How will u feel if I have the same opinion about Urdu.[/QUOTE]

Why so Angry? Atleast, I don't mind Pakistani Actor, actress, singers etc working in bollywood. Culture is from different country what you should know, accepting or rejecting is on your hand.

The time line of lollywood goes like this.
Industry was good>> Then came Zia>> Destroyed Film Industry>> Zia gone but no one took initiative to revive industry>> Then came low budget Bgrade movies>> People started watching Indian movies more than before>> People stopped watching Pakistani and almost replaced lollywood with bollywood (Not completely).So Bollywood did not affect your industry before your industry is self destructed.
Lol good story bro! but its just a story nothing else. Zia when came, he didnt added cheap contents in the films or contiminated it instead he purified the film industry by stressing on displaying contents with more moral and islamic values. In fact the zia time was also regarded as one of the greatest era in history of our film industry. And it was must for the womens who had been in tv to wear dopata, which we dont see nowadays.
The matter of fact is the decline of our film industry started in the early or in mid 90s when we completely shifted off from our culture and adopted the contents of indian films, due to their influnce over us. This obviously has led us to the path of destruction. People then moved away from our films which shattered the roots and very bases of our films, and then we started to lose complete ground when indian films were succedded in securing their position in our country.

People watched Bollywood because of language and there is no industry producing movies in Hindi other than Bollywood. They did not watch it because it is unique. They watch it because there were no Pakistani movies and Bollywood movies are closest to their understanding and closest to their mother tongue.
Well i agree, the success of bollywood in here is also because of the very reason that they are bit close to our language. But one thing should be kept in mind that hindi and urdu still are the different languages, and the films not only made its impact on our culture and society but also in our language as well.

Your industry lost its viewership not because of introduction of Indian movies. Indian movies were there before and Pakistanis did watched those before. Like I said before Bollywood got more viewership only after your industry was at its worst due to poor internal policies by your government. People watched Bollywood not because they are unique, but they were decent and in good number when compared to lollywood.
I cant say decent but yes they did overcome Pakistani films numerically. After when bollywood succeeded in gaining ground in our country, they then one after the other brought new movies from india which deprived the very space of our industry to compete with indian films or even survive.

Could you specify what they added. Movies will not be same all the time. The theme and making differs over decades. Movies change over time and change is eventual. And coming to your so called "unique Pakistani culture", culture evolves too. If people want to change some thing in their daily life, let them. People want to watch some thing, let them. People find unique amusing but do not follow or adopt those unique features, unless it feels comfortable to them. Like way of clothing or food or daily interaction.
Look i am just implying that the cheap contents, including dancing etc, which is being displayed nowadays in our media, due to indian influnce, is not the very soul of our culture. Believe me bro sometimes when the cheap contents pops up then we had to change the channel, our culture is totally different from india we dont deem right when our females dance over some songs, its completely against our culture but its obviously not a big deal for india as dancing is also sort of part of your countries culture. These sort of things have been criticized in all fronts by our public but the problem is the media is actually trying to impose such things on us. Just look at the very first page where i had posted a picture which i took from a Pakistani tv show. This is more than enough to tell you whats being happening in our media and why we shifted away from our films. Slowly and steadily they are crawling into our society and moulding our culture, this is what their prime goal is!

I just wonder then why Indian movies have good market in Pakistan when they hate movies. The only reason I could find from your statements is Pakistanis love to vomit and watch Indian movies for that.
Look bro we dont like watching these films, this is an unimpeachable truth. The people nowadays are more interested in other things, no one now a days really give too much heed about bollywood. But as i said earlier that our private media is imposing these sort of environment in our country. And i will blame them solely for their actions for effecting our culture. I may sound conservative or narrow minded person to you but thats the fact. In other words you can say that we have been forced to see this. And tell you what we have mentioned indian films only but never shed lights on the overwhelming dramas and indian ads which is being aired over here.

There are two people in industry. One who make the content and one who distributes to people. The distributors and telecasting companies are benefiting from Indian movies. Lifting ban on Indian movies was the reason there is some revival in Pakistani movie industry. It increased the number of theaters and multiplexes and there by movie market and in turn making Pakistani film makers to make movies with more money.
No actually the truth is totally opposite to what you have stated. Putting ban on indian films will give the platform to our films to take their work into the next level which is not possible otherwise. And we will hopefully gather more money than from propagating bollywood films and not only that it will also help in employing our talented actors and actresses which are going elsewhere for the work.
Always bear in mind bro, money which we gather from working with our own hands is thousand times more better than what we get from begging.
Pushing our government to ban it will not only be crucial for our films but also for our society as well, as it will also be fruitful in addressing the key issue of our society which we cant under the bollywood films.

Totally flawed logic. I will explain it to you clearly. Your industry needs support, but not from people, but from government. It means they need incentives and rewards for good movies. Supporting doesnt mean watching movie even if it is bad, or rejecting other movies even if they are good. people watch if they are good and reject it if they are bad. As simple as that. Indian people watch their movies because they are decent and entertain people. Not because people watch it just because they are made in India. The point is you have to blame government but not people.
Yes i agree! government should take step to revive films by giving funds to the industry and should immediately ban indian films, if they ever wish to see film industry growing. But the thing is indians watch their film, not because they are decent, if this was the case then there are tons of other films industries out there in the world, with much better contents. They just watch this because these films have been displayed in your country and people have an access to them.
While in Pakistan same thing but in an opposite tone is happening, here we have been exposed to indian contents rather than pakistani ones and people over here are compelled to watch what have been displayed in tv set.

Pakistan case is very much similar to Kannada movie industry in South.Could not sustain competition from Telugu and Tamil.
Pakistan case is not similar to kannada, what so ever. They are all indians and these sorts of competition do exist with in country, i think what i know is that they dont talk about the cultural invasion.
But on other hand we have been in complete different ball game, we have been affected with the cultural invasion and and our countries industry is destroyed by the country which is not so friendly to us plus if we had similar sort of competition(which you have mentioned) with in our country then we would not be obsessed with it, infact it would have been much better for us as it will gather more cash for us and will make our society more strong, but as i mentioned earlier we have been affected with cultural invasion via the media houses which has not only destroyed our culture but also our industry.

obviously there is a market for it which is why they broadcast it. And 'marker in Pakistan' means Pakistani people. Who the heck are you to decide what Pakistani people can and cannot like, want or get?
As per our supreme court, our channels cant broadcast foreign contents more than 10% of the total programs they have and further more they are also not allowed to air foreign programs in the prime time. But these channels are exceeding this figure by a large value and you may see many Pakistani channels airing indian dramas in prime time.

Havent seen any one dance to Pakistani songs in ma life. You have inferiority and superiority complex mixed in you.
Bro just recall your memory, there are plenty of Pakistani songs which is being used in Indian films.
"Woh Lamhay" by atif aslam and jal is the example.

It is up to people to decide which entertains them. They wouldnt shift to Bollywood in the first place if Pakistani movies are entertaining
Look we have produced many awesome films, but how many of which is being played in our channels? Instead our channels proudly plays indian films even if they are as old as hell. And thus people are shifting towards bollywood thats because they dont have any thing to watch, our media only gives heed to bollywood.

isn't this how taleban started ? first start curtailing music, then painting, then all arts and scuplture...throw in justifications in the name of religion and national security......pretty soon there is no freedom, no creativity, no progress....just a regressive miserable atmosphere of intolerance. is that what you want for Pakistan?
What we are asking is to ban indian films, musics ,dramas and all indian contents from our country inorder to protect our society and culture from indian contents which are contaminatingour minds. And to revive our film industry, so that they would get back to their own feets.

I have these interesting discussions with some intense muslims in the past - they make a very proud defence that islam spread as much via sufism as by conquest and sword. If that is the case do they not know music, dance and poetic mysticism are the very tactics of such sufis?
Well yes few of the saints does used music for a tool to spread islam, but the women half claded and dancing like a monkey is not islamic nor a decent thing to do or neither does islam prevailed by this.
or are you afraid that the people of Pakistan are so weak in their faith that mere bollywood movies can sway them of the path of islamic virtue or loyalty to Pak?

I don't think they are that weak. OTOH may be they gain a better understanding of the Indians
Its not about islam. Islam is never in jeopardy, its the religion which Allah has promised to protect. And it is prevailing in this world and will be till the end. But the thing is more than 60% of our population is younger than 16 years old and these budding and immature minds are directly becoming target of this cultural invasion. And have you ever imagined why is there so much rape cases in subcontinent especially in india, i know you wouldnt believe me but its true that media do play its part in creating these sorts of problems.

This entire thread is for the benefit of the Indians.

Inwardly, in their own homes, behind their 4 walls, every Pakistani Indian-hater knows the truth. :cray:
How?:unsure:

Dear friend..you are still getting my point....Why the Indian watch Bollywood movies? You have to ask yourself...Again, this Bollywood is limited to North and some part of East India...No one watches Hindi movie in general in South India....Does that mean they are less Indian than others?....The whole point is when people spend money, patriotic thought takes back seat at least in the field of entertainment....That is the bottomline...People in Chennai do not watch Hindi movies...Because the Tamil Film industry produces high quality content that is worth spending money...Even me whoose native language is Odiya, i watch Telugu movies because i like the content..Recently i have seen some Pakistan dramas, because the content is good...So if you would like Pakistan people to watch Pakistan movies, by appealing in patriotic term will not work out...Many people are appealing since decade in Pakistan...Does that mean people stopped watching Bollywood?...Do you stop watching English movie because you do not like West?....Of course No...so focous on improving the quality of the movie in Pakistan...At the end of the it is a entertainment industry...People come to see movie to get entertained..So if your society allows freedom to people and entertainment, then your inductry will flourish.....if not, your industry will be constrained to produce some low quality movies ....So people will not go to watch it...It is all bussiness and economics ...nothing called patriotism involved.,....
If south indians dont watch bollywood then its not our problem bro!
We are worried about foreign films which are being aired over here because such films has uproot our social values and effected the budding minds ,culture and growth of our industry. This is the concerning thing for us, we dont yearn to gather money by showing everything even if it is damaging for our society. My friend! always remember, people perceive media as its the source of entertainment, but they fails to see beyond it, its actually more than that, its the source to controlling mind.
And our industry is in constrain just because of foreign contents other wise our films would have been going by nicely as we they were long ago.

I think the remote of your tv is still in your hands. You have an option to change channels in that. Try it some times.
Each and every channel is showing indian contents, what should we watch? From sports to dramas, from ads to songs, each and every channel nowadays are showing indian contents. So by just saying, "change the channel" will not going to solve our problem, its just like saying that "close your eyes if you came across lion".

Look mate! what if each and every channel of your country starts showing Pakistani contents, what will you do then, will you switch channel, obviously, not! you guys will speak up to protect and promote your industries. This is eexactly whats happening in Pakistan.

@Pakistan Shaheen

You are contradicting with yourself.
You say Pakistanis do not like Bollywood movies. And again you say they are watching Bollywood movies.I do not understand how they will watch some thing they dont like.

I can quote you number of Pakistani membes here inPDF stating that Zia was the reason for destruction of Pkistani Movie Industry.

This is what I read yesterday in Dawn website in an article.

"In a classic chicken-and-egg scenario, the resulting poor quality of local films made viewers – now exposed to better quality cinema through DVDs, cable and internet downloads – even less likely to head for cinemas. And film-makers with creative potential drifted either towards television or advertising which offered regular work and better pay.

The turnaround came when the Pakistan government allowed Indian films in local cinemas in 2007, a long-standing demand of exhibitors (cinema owners) and cinema activist organisations such as the KaraFilm Festival. Indian cinema had been banned in Pakistan informally since 1962 and formally since 1965. It took only a few years for it to become obvious that this decision to permit the screening of Indian movies, taken in the face of great protectionist hue and cry from the small film-producing industry in Lahore, was the correct one.

The influx of cinemagoers into theatres – finally able to watch on the big screen what they were watching anyway at home – allowed cinemas to begin earning again, spurring the creation of expensive new multiplexes with state-of-the-art projection, sound and seating. Once money began flowing again and the number of screens increased, it was only natural for local film production to pick up again, despite the initial setback to old Lollywood-style productions.""

Answer myquestions.

1. If Indian movies were banned in Pakistan until 2007 how can they affect your film industry in any way.

2. Did Pakistanis started watching Bollywood or the Bollywood forced movies in to Pakistan.

3. If it is not your culture and you do not like it why are you even watching them. I dont think India hacked your media. If thats what you thinkthen God help your delusional mind.

But one thing should be kept in mind that hindi and urdu still are the different languages, and the films not only made its impact on our culture and society but also in our language as well.

Blame yourselves then for encouraging Bollywood movies or Indian culture. And do not blame media.They can show whatever they want after they pass censor board.Its up to people to watch or not watch.

I cant say decent but yes they did overcome Pakistani films numerically. After when bollywood succeeded in gaining ground in our country, they then one after the other brought new movies from india which deprived the very space of our industry to compete with indian films or even survive.

How can Bollywood gain success when they are banned in first place.

But the thing is indians watch their film, not because they are decent, if this was the case then there are tons of other films industries out there in the world, with much better contents. They just watch this because these films have been displayed in your country and people have an access to them.
While in Pakistan same thing but in an opposite tone is happening, here we have been exposed to indian contents rather than pakistani ones and people over here are compelled to watch what have been displayed in tv set.

You seem to have no knowledge on movie industry over the world. Indian movies are unique.That is the reason they survive and succeed in India. There may be better movies in Hollywood but that doesnt make Indian movies any lesser. Why am I even arguing with you when you do not make a single valid point in your whole rant.I am out of here. Good luck banning Indian movies. Pakistanis ned Bollywoood for the survival of their movie industry.Expect a opposition from your own people if you ban Indian movies.

@Pakistani shaheens

you're forgetting that it is the Pakistani people, young and old, that like watching Indian movies and tv. Do you think you know better than the parents of a kid and have to protect them? That is quite arrogant. Where will you then limit the censorship? There will one guy who says women and men should not be seen together in a park, another will say that is ok but no touching, a third will say kissing hands ok and so on....who will draw the line?

A mature country must set out principles first and then act based on those. Pakistan like in so many respects has set no principles and that is why whether it be CJ investigations, support to jihadi nuts or bollywood...they find it impossible to be consistent and run around like chicken with head cut off.

You do make a good point about recent stories of rape in parts of India - I don't know what is causing that but it could be a combination of a sexually repressive society, suddenly getting exposed to internet based unmitigated **** and the weak minded lot losing control. India must definitely find the answer for that.

The best argument against bollywood I have heard is that they make such crappy movies as a rule and tv programs are even worse. Frankly I am surprised people of India and Pakistan can tolerate such crap. But that is the market.

When you ban something that is in demand what happens? answer

Hahahaha you made me laugh good!
Protest against Indianization of our TV channels? No way in hell!
We have to protest against more pressing matters such as that one video from 2011 where Reham Khan was cooking sausages.
how the heck did she become Imran Khan's wife?

i hate that guy Hassan Shehriar Yasin's shows

some Pakistani channels promote Indian movies and stuff, and even some vulgar skimpy clothes scenes from them. one channel like that is Geo.

Switch off Pakistani private channels and tune in PTV and especially old PTV. You will se what you call 'tehzeeb'. Grewt cultural programming, great civilized comedy and dont even mention superb dramas.

All Urdu/Muslim culture not this bazaari Indian inspired culture we see on tv these days. Its shallow and hollow but what to do with us? We are a confused nation with permanent inferiority complex.

@Pakistani shaheens
Where will you then limit the censorship? There will one guy who says women and men should not be seen together in a park, another will say that is ok but no touching, a third will say kissing hands ok and so on....who will draw the line?

Correctly said,who will limit the censorship & who will draw the line. Women posters & bill boards were attacked by Extremist in Pakistan. In Peshawar hordes of Banners featuring women were Blackened,most of them were ads related to Shampoos & cosmetic products. Currently it is the skirt worn by Imran Khan's wife which has raised the eye brows of Mullahs. There must be something wrong with the extremisits,did they loose their MENTAL BALANCE by seeing the women posters or the skirt worn by Imran Khan's wife.Earlier it was the same Mullahs who had demanded religious column in Pass ports. Who WILL DRAW THE LINE

Back
Top Bottom