What's new

Are the Chinese raring for revolution?

Economic impact and social inequality influences people's attitude towards 'ALL' governments. Chinese governments is no different to the rest and that includes both Middle-East and the rest of the world when rebellions arise. Realization such rebelions can be sudden and unexpected worries any governments regardless of the country.
More like China, ain't it?

Why do we need to defend ourselves against obviously racist posts? It is insulting to even respond on the defensive. Instead, we need to focus on highlighting injustices in other countries while playing down injustices in our own. Our stupid leadership is doing the exact opposite, censoring negative news about foreign countries while playing up negative news in our own. Its almost as if the START was hijacked by US and Japanese agents!

Reminds me of the movie - Matrix. If things are fine outwardly as they are in China, then people don't care about their lack of rights. Ignorance is bliss. Only if you have experienced freedom can you know its worth. Or there has to be a catalyst which provides the spark for a revolution. Chinese people will not revolt.

Reminds me of the movie - Matrix. If things are fine outwardly as they are in China, then people don't care about their lack of rights. Ignorance is bliss. Only if you have experienced freedom can you know its worth. Or there has to be a catalyst which provides the spark for a revolution. Chinese people will not revolt.

I definitely agree ignorance is bliss. That's why tens of thousands of students are leaving China each year to study in the West with a (however vague) pro-democracy ideal and later return with a strongly pro-government mindset. Also that's why most frantic supporters for democracy in China tend to be people of old generations who cant speak foreign languages and never have any experience living in a democratic society.

I definitely agree ignorance is bliss. That's why tens of thousands of students are leaving China each year to study in the West with a (however vague) pro-democracy ideal and later return with a strongly pro-government mindset. Also that's why most frantic supporters for democracy in China tend to be people of old generations who cant speak foreign languages and never have any experience living in a democratic society.

You do realize you can be both - pro-democracy as well as pro-government, right?

And do you have sources to back up your rather outlandish claims?

You do realize you can be both - pro-democracy as well as pro-government, right?

And do you have sources to back up your rather outlandish claims?

It's not outlandish at all for any Chinese who has the experience of studying overseas. I think there's a video of an academic seminar on China posted by CardSharp sometime ago. The panel was asked during the Q&A session if Chinese students in the West would help democratization in China and every expert on the panel said 'no' as Chinese students tend to become less pro-democracy and more pro-government during their stay in the West. You can try to dig the video out, do a search for CardSharp either here or in the Chinese defense section.

I agree.

A lots of my friends becomes more 'pro-government' after they came to the States and 'experienced' what you said 'true' freedom. For me, I find what the French and British is doing in Libya no different from what they did to the Summer Palace.

BTW there is no lack of revolution in China's history. From 1840 to maybe 1976, I guess people have already feel sick of it. The revolution that Chinese like most happens in another country.

It's not outlandish at all for any Chinese who has the experience of studying overseas. I think there's a video of an academic seminar on China posted by CardSharp sometime ago. The panel was asked during the Q&A session if Chinese students in the West would help democratization in China and every expert on the panel said 'no' as Chinese students tend to become less pro-democracy and more pro-government during their stay in the West. You can try to dig the video out, do a search for CardSharp either here or in the Chinese defense section.

I believe this to be a valid claim. Many students here in the UK are very pro government and is proud of what China has achieved. Nine out of ten times of the ones I have spoken to showed signs of affection for the Chinese government and was in favour of the one party system.

Looks like I'm not the only one jaded about democracy. Once you live in a democratic country, you realize that domestic policy can and are hijacked by the rich, the common man is just as powerless as any other form of government, and he is under the tyrannical rule of the majority. Example: plenty of Americans are anti-war, but where is their voice when it comes to American foreign policy? It is the same old imperialism the west the practiced for centuries.

For the betterment of world peace: the US needs to experience regime change. The government and political system needs to be toppled and replaced by a peace-loving regime.

More like China, ain't it?

You have the rights to think so. Doesn't bother me.

'Realization such rebelions can be sudden and unexpected worries any governments regardless of the country.' - Applies to all.

What rabidly moronic statements. There are hundreds of different types of democracies out there. Nice try trying to project your false ideas here. I have to say the efficacy of Communist PR is fast fading.

What rabidly moronic statements. There are hundreds of different types of democracies out there. Nice try trying to project your false ideas here. I have to say the efficacy of Communist PR is fast fading.

Changed your mind have you? Just a day ago you were saying how Communist PR had brainwashed all Chinese members in this forum, including me, a Canadian citizen.

Funny how people get so worked up when the Chinese people continues to defy their anti China believes and is showing 'unconditional love' for its government.

Changed your mind have you? Just a day ago you were saying how Communist PR had brainwashed all Chinese members in this forum, including me, a Canadian citizen.

Does not matter if you are Canadian or not. You are a commie at heart, going by your statements, especially PR statements that ONLY communists always come up with - that is painting systems other than communism with absolute qualifications of hate. The western world has heard it for 100 years from the Commies, Nazis, Fascists et al and still continue to hear it. We can smell a red shirt from a mile away.

By the way, LET GOOGLE IN.

Can a democracy give a minority its voice? Where is the voice of the Native Americans in Canada and the US, and the Aborigines in Australia? If I were elected Canadian Prime Minister, I would free Native Americans from the persecution, then neglect they suffered through the centuries. I would make their welfare my first priority. But such is fantasy. You can't even voice your support for the plight of NA's in Canada. Just last year, a Mulism man was stripped of his job for voicing his criticism of Canada's NA policy, or the lack of it. I would give you the link, but I can't remember the man's name.

What about the Indians in America? I hear they live in third-world conditions. What is democracy doing for them?

Having lived in a democracy, I realize that it falls far short of the ideal it proselytizes. And people like you, in your blind attempt to defend democracy, fails to see the flaws and the need to reform and improve. You make of it an idol.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom