What's new

Are the Chinese raring for revolution?

casual

Reaction score
Country
China
Are the Chinese raring for revolution?
The Director of International Survey Research at Pew Global Attitudes Project, James Bell, thinks not. Recent Pew survey data shows the Chinese are much more optimistic about their future than the Egyptians were:
"…While the Egyptian and Chinese publics rated their current lives comparably, Chinese reported much more personal progress over the past five years and much more optimism looking ahead.
"The prevailing feeling in Egypt was one of losing ground. In fact, between 2007 and 2010, the number of Egyptians reporting a low quality of life doubled, suggesting that in the lead-up to this year's popular revolt frustrations may have been mounting not only with respect to democratic yearnings, but in terms of personal aspirations.
"By contrast, nearly two-thirds of Chinese judged their lives to be better than five years ago....
"The Chinese were decidedly upbeat about the future as well. In spring 2010, 74% believed their lives would be better in five years – an impressive level of optimism compared with opinions in the U.S. and Western Europe. In Egypt, only 23% anticipated a higher quality of life, while 40% predicted a lower quality. In China, just 6% believed their lives would worsen over the next five years."

1945-2.png

Are the Chinese raring for revolution? – Global Public Square - CNN.com Blogs

short answer: NO

I don`t understand, do you want a cookie or something? A sane person can clearly see that the Chinese are happy with their government since their economy skyrocketed in the past decade... And if the Chinese people felt displeased, they had enough experience with revolutions to know when and how to dispose of leaders.

dont worry those anti-china 'professors' will come up something and ur list of proves will be rebutted

I don`t understand, do you want a cookie or something? A sane person can clearly see that the Chinese are happy with their government since their economy skyrocketed in the past decade... And if the Chinese people felt displeased, they had enough experience with revolutions to know when and how to dispose of leaders.
That is the point. Yes...For now...We know that economic conditions influences the people's attitude towards their government, especially when they can make comparisons between their own versus others. The Chinese government is no different than the rest when rebellions arose in the ME: surprised. Yes...The Chinese citizenry may express their approval of their government's performance in the economic improvements. But it is the realization that such a rebellion can be sudden and unexpected is what worries The Party.

Maybe but I bet the fact that there is no such a rebellion in China keeps worrying you.
What, me worry? :lol:

To say 'raring for revolution' is not the same as having potential. The former is immediate, the latter, while in theory is a potential in every country, the potential for a revolution based upon citizenry discontent of their government is greater in dictatorial regimes than in Western democracies. So no...Am not 'worry' about the lack of revolution in China at all. The day when China's economy begin to experience the cyclical ups-downs of a capitalist one, recession and depression, we will be watching and gauging the Chinese people's discontent and airing the revolution live on CNN, Facebook, and Twitter.

But right now we looking for the revolution in US. cuz everything is already upside down economically there....:)

But right now we looking for the revolution in US. cuz everything is already upside down economically there....:)

Oh yeah, the richest country in the world, the very definition of the "Free world".... Yep US is heading for a revolution alright.

USA have no other job to do? Poking nose in other country? Mentally affected people!

YES! i love cookies:)

why is the usa looking forward to a regime change in china?the next regime will be a puppet or sth?

Economic turn down in China? Well if you live longer than 30 years you may have to watch that 'living' in hell.

That is the point. Yes...For now...We know that economic conditions influences the people's attitude towards their government, especially when they can make comparisons between their own versus others. The Chinese government is no different than the rest when rebellions arose in the ME: surprised. Yes...The Chinese citizenry may express their approval of their government's performance in the economic improvements. But it is the realization that such a rebellion can be sudden and unexpected is what worries The Party.

Economic impact and social inequality influences people's attitude towards 'ALL' governments. Chinese governments is no different to the rest and that includes both Middle-East and the rest of the world when rebellions arise. Realization such rebelions can be sudden and unexpected worries any governments regardless of the country.

Back
Top Bottom