What's new

ARABIC language to be POPULARIZED in Pakistan

It is far too late for that. Persian could have been our national language but we opted for Urdu instead. Currently Persian offers hardly any practical benefits. Less than 200 million people speak Persian whereas Arabic is spoken by around 700 million people if we count all the dialects.
Is the script for farsi , arabic and Urdu same ?

If you mean Arabic for the benefit of employment or business, except for 1 or 2 Gulf countries, rest of the 20 Arab countries are in the same situation or standing as Pakistan.

Agree. Also Persian already has influence on local languages. Besides culture, there are so many words in common.
A lot of Pakistanis to go the Gulf countries for work and many more plan on going there for work so learning Arabic will be extremely beneficial for these people.

The script of farsi and Pakistani languages are 100% same. Arabic is slightly different.
Yes arabic looks more straight to me , :blink:
Though farsi and Urdu look more beautiful to me .
I know how to cut pens for these languages. Reed pens that is , I did enter a marsh with reed plants .
I made some pens from it though.

The script of farsi and Pakistani languages are 100% same. Arabic is slightly different.
Its called nastaliq ? Am I correct and written from left to right ?

No, the Arabic script is a little different from the Persian script and Urdu uses the Persian script. We Pakistanis also read the Holy Quran in the Persian script, the Arabic in our Quran is written in Persian script. In Saudi Arabia you will find two types of Qurans in mosques, one will have a green cover and the other will have a blue cover. The Quran with the green cover is printed in Arabic script and the Quran with the blue cover is printed in Persian script, both Qurans are in Arabic but the script is different.

No, the Arabic script is a little different from the Persian script and Urdu uses the Persian script. We Pakistanis also read the Holy Quran in the Persian script, the Arabic in our Quran is written in Persian script. In Saudi Arabia you will find two types of Qurans in mosques, one will have a green cover and the other will have a blue cover. The Quran with the green cover is printed in Arabic script and the Quran with the blue cover is printed in Persian script, both Qurans are in Arabic but the script is different.
I see, arabic looks more straight to me .
Farsi and Urdu look more aesthetic though compared to arabic

Arabic is a beautiful language. Especially and mainly the standard Arabic.

Back in 2002 with all the hype of the wars in the Middle-East and watching documentaries about the conflict in Palestine,Iraq,
Afghanistan and elsewhere,I became interested in learning Arabic. Of course,I had also started listening to Arabic pop and used to buy CDs wherever I could find them.

I managed to learn how to write Arabic on my own,as well as the numbers,some grammar and some words and phrases.

Then in the mid-2000s,I found a teacher here and I had lessons for about two years. But I've forgotten a lot since then...

Now,should Arabic be a third official language for Pakistan? I don't know. It could be a choice language to learn at school,but maybe not official.

Then again,apart from being the language of the Quran,remember that it's a language spoken by hundreds of millions of people from Syria to Sudan and from the UAE and Oman to Morocco. And also by many people in Qomoros,Dzjibouti and maybe even Somalia and other central African countries.

That could give Pakistanis opportunities to work there or for trade,diplomacy or whatever else.

In Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia its a weird mix. You will find that French is more useful than Arabic because their Arabic dialect is so different. I've heard Arabic speakers from the Leventine and Gulf have a hard time communicating. Its particularly important to note that before Arab nationalism was spread by General Naser, these countries use to speak Berber because their race is Berber.

20220625_193822.jpg
20220625_193837.jpg

These pens are cut for Hindi though
@_NOBODY_

That is only a natural thing. Arabic is one of the most widespread languages in the world (top 5) and one of the most influential in the world hugely influencing languages spanning 5 continents ranging from Spanish, Portuguese, Farsi, Urdu, Bahasa, Turkish, Swahili etc. to just mention a few.

Add to that the fact that Classical Arabic is the liturgic language of the Quran and Islam.

Moreover the world's largest Pakistani diaspora is based in Arab countries. That and future trade opportunities to a huge market (Arab world) that we have religious, cultural, linguistic etc. affinity to not to mention close geographic proximity.

Our native alphabets are based on the Arabic alphabet as well.

Anyway I see no problem with this, if most (or let us say the majority) of all Pakistanis had a good grasp of Arabic, there would be no Mullah's out there corrupting Islam and using religion for their own benefits. That alone is reason enough IMO.

In Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia its a weird mix. You will find that French is more useful than Arabic because their Arabic dialect is so different. I've heard Arabic speakers from the Leventine and Gulf have a hard time communicating. Its particularly important to note that before Arab nationalism was spread by General Naser, these countries use to speak Berber because their race is Berber.

All of those countries speak Arabic as well and most Arabic speakers can understand all Arabic dialects. Only Moroccan and Algerian Arabic (some dialects of it moreover) can be hard for other Arabic speakers to understand but it usually only takes a few weeks to master it fully as an Arabic speaker. Ironically Moroccan and Algerian Arabic speakers understand other Arabic dialects usually.

Anyway Morocco and Algeria are Arab-Berber countries, they are mixed with Berbers and Arabs and Berbers and Arabs are closely related people to begin with.

I forgot to mention that Urdu has a few additional letters that are not present in the Persian script.
One of my brothers some how opted for urdu for.class 10th exams .
With just 3 months remaining that fellow was distressed .
He learned the language and passed the Urdu paper with good marks , highest in languages that is .
So if a average noob can learn Urdu in 3 months from scratch , it must not be a very hard language i guess .

Urdu and Farsi (and basically almost every script in the Muslim world) is based on the Arabic script. Expect for 4 additional letters in Farsi, it is identical to the Arabic alphabet that it is based on. Arabic has 28 letters while Farsi has 32.

Urdu has even more letters. 36 but some say there are even more. A bit of controversy in this regard.

One of my brothers some how opted for urdu for.class 10th exams .
With just 3 months remaining that fellow was distressed .
He learned the language and passed the Urdu paper with good marks , highest in languages that is .
So if a average noob can learn Urdu in 3 months from scratch , it must not be a very hard language i guess .
Knowing Hindi gives you a huge head start. Standard Urdu and Standard Hindi are very different from each other but the normal Urdu and Hindi(which is spoken in Delhi and UP) are extremely similar. Which part of India are you from?

All of those countries speak Arabic as well and most Arabic speakers can understand all Arabic dialects. Only Moroccan and Algerian Arabic (some dialects of it moreover) can be hard for other Arabic speakers to understand but it usually only takes a few weeks to master it fully as an Arabic speaker. Ironically Moroccan and Algerian Arabic speakers understand other Arabic dialects usually.

Anyway Morocco and Algeria are Arab-Berber countries, they are mixed with Berbers and Arabs and Berbers and Arabs are closely related people to begin with.

I honestly don't want to associate these countries as 'one' or 'arab'. If there is a true Arab among all of these its the Saudis, Emaratis, Qataris and Yemenis. The others have a unique culture and goes back thousands of years before Arab nationalism, which is essentially language nationalism.

I just can't see a Syrian or Lebanese looking like a Moroccan or a Saudi. They simply have different features and you can spot them.

Now of course there will be some influences and that's human nature. For example the Syrians and Lebanese have Turkish cultural influences because of Ottoman Empire. If you just look at their food Shawarma came from Doner. Doner means meat on a wheel. Its a pure nomadic food that came from Central Asian Turks. Similarly Borek came from Greece and the Balkans later adopted by Ottomans and Levantine Arabs etc, etc

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom