What's new

Anyone been to Iran?

First of all, don't compare northern Semites with southern Semites. From a cultural or civilizational perspective, the differences are like that between water and fire. Secondly, the influences were real, yet the Iranians in the end vastly out performed anything the Assyrians or Babylonians ever produced. The Persians managed to create a organizational structure to rule over a empire which from its most eastern point to its western borders, took three months of travelling. No ancient Semite culture ever managed to do that. Thirdly, Iranians always had a habit to incoorperate effective and positive elements of other cultures into their own, eventually creating an own unique version. Fourth, any culture or people who has ever come in contact with Persian culture has been impressed by its cultural richness and intellectual stength. From the Greeks to the French, Indians, Turks to even Arabs.

One of your favorite professors when studying history or the history of the ancient Near East was an Arab professor if I recall. Hence you know very well that what I wrote is factual and nothing else.

The Persians did not outperform anything as you cannot outperform older and more influential civilizations. Or said more precisely civilizations who shaped and influenced you greatly. Without those ancient Semitic peoples and their unprecedented civilizations there would be no Persian civilization. I have seen Iranian historians admit to this on video.

The Persian empire only arose due to internal wars in the Semitic kingdoms and heartlands as well as in Egypt. After all you use the same logic to the rise of the even more influential and bigger Arab empires (Rashidun, Umayyad, Abbasid) etc. Or is that only allowed to use when it fits your narrative?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_empires

I have no problem saying that the Persian Empire at its height was a great civilization. But this is not going to impress Arabs whose ancestors had more numerous ancient civilizations and more influential ones let alone bigger ones just in the Islamic era (past 1400 years). Such as the Rashidun, Umayyad and Abbasid Caliphates and empires who ruled almost as long as the successive Persian ones and were all bigger than the biggest Persian one (Achaemenids).

In fact I just look at them as slightly modified extensions of past Semitic civilizations and empires. Rightly so by all factual and historical accounts.

Fact of the matter is that ancient Semitic cultures are the backbone of Iranian culture today and in the past. Fact of the matter is that Iranian empires were absorbing culture, knowledge etc. from the newly conquered areas which is what made Persia a more inclusive culture contrary to the Roman or Greek ones although the same can be said about those at various time periods.

Most if not all of those people remained native and remained following their ancient culture (that predated the Persian one), languages (your Cyrus the Great adopted Aramaic - a lingua franca of the Arab Near East for millennia for a reason), architecture, art etc.

Yes, and modern-day Arab culture which is much more diverse and inclusive and a result of many more layers is not admired and looked down upon. Only Persian culture which to a very large extent is a extension of ancient Semitic cultures (the ancestors of most modern-day Arabs) is.

Try selling that discourse to world-renowned historians and they will laugh at you.

This is similar to how Iranian Islamists are denying Arab influences by trying to create a new Shia Islam (Wilayat al-Faqih) which is based on worshipping the Iranian Supreme Leader, diminishing the importance of Makkah and Madinah by highlighting Karbala, Najaf, Qom and Mashhad. By trying to use demonizing language by saying that modern-day Arabs are Umayyad's etc. while forgetting that the split in Islam was nothing more than a Hijazi civil war for power. Nothing more and nothing less. Yet we have Iranians here who are worshipping Arabs who actually took part in the conquest of their nation (Ali ibn Abi Talib (ra) and Hussain ibn Ali (ra) comes to mind) while demonizing Najdi Hanbalis who have nothing to do with Iran.

EDIT: The truth is that the Islamic Arab conquest of Iran 1400 years ago has left a national trauma that is hard to change. Generation upon generation has been brainwashed. There is no obsession the other way around. At most a reaction to the Iranian obsession and meddling.

If just Iranians could show the same obsession about their actual mass-murderers (Mongols and Turks) who massacred millions of their ancestors and demolished half of Iran. Yet we see nothing of that despite that being fairly recent (800 years). There is a reason for that. It's called selective bias and national trauma.

In fact some 15 year old boy (Alexander the Great) likely did more harm to Iran than Arabs ever did. Or the West that caused the largest famine in modern-day Middle Eastern history 100 years ago in Iran.

If Arabs were as despised post-Iran conquest, why is it that several dynasties of Arab ancestry (even in the rebellious Caspian region of Iran) came to rule afterwards? And why ancestors of Prophet Muhammad (saws) were the most influential clergy in Iran and the most respected social class by the masses outside of the Shah? Why is the prodigy of Genghis Khan and various Turkic conquerors not worshipped?

BTW Arabs are such racists that they host the largest Iranian diaspora outside of Iran and large Lari, Baloch, Kurdish and Persian minorities. Many having intermarried and having bene assimilated centuries ago. So much for that theory.

Problems started post 1979 and there is reason why the problems of Iran began that year as well. Problems still felt to this day.

Last edited:
The person who is credited for the construction of Taj Mahal is Mongol. Arungzeb was of Mongol origin so what does that ends into nothing. Taj Mahal was made by the Mugals who were Indians. The contractor who worked on it was Persian. But it is kings that are credited for Wonders no one names them after the workers the are mostly forgotten.

The Chief architect of the Taj Mahal was likely Ustad Ahmad Lahori, who was a Persian.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ustad_Ahmad_Lahori

Some countries on the other hand are just mad that Iran has advanced its own interests, and doesn't bend over for Western demands or supremacy. Something your slave-mindedness, which is intrinsic to Indian culture, will never understand.

LOL baccha, you suffered through sanctions only to end up with rapid inflation, a destroyed economy, and NO nuclear bomb because you gave up in the end. You capitulated to the West and are left with nothing! Hell, the sanctions are coming back. Unlike you we had sanctions thrown on us yet we still made the Bomb. NSG organization was made just to oppose us and we are now in the process of being admitted into it. That's the difference between those that claim to be free and those that actually are.

The Chief architect of the Taj Mahal was likely Ustad Ahmad Lahori, who was a Persian.
Sir i agree totally but that does not make it a Parisian building. No imagine that i can make F-35 give 3 billion dollars and i will make a technology demonstration for you but with out that 3 billion can i do it no. So the owner gets the credit.

My point is simple Persians once was a huge empire and had the money and resources but they never made any thing that could be called a wonder. Invention is one thing but innovation is more important than invention.

Lol at this thread, i asked a simple question about touring to Iran and a big fight among all of you happened.
get a grip.
Hello brother
Iran is safe and welcomed country
you are welcome here

how was it? Dangerous? Aware me please
I read people with British passports aren't allowed to go anywhere without a tour guide? Wtf?
7 years ago I would advice you to come and visit our country but now , I strongly advise you to not come here .... thanks to IRI , Iranian are become angry , we don't have patient and the crime rate is skyrocketing .... don't wast your life ...

7 years ago I would advice you to come and visit our country but now , I strongly advise you to not come here .... thanks to IRI , Iranian are become angry , we don't have patient and the crime rate is skyrocketing .... don't wast your life ...

Interesting.... should I pack my bag?

You're being a wannabe internet troll.
Shah sai ziada Shah ka wafadaar..
your dp....never knew shah of Iran served in Pak Army, ok i know its Asif Nawaz but what striking resemblance..the best thing it serves your purpose..

Back
Top Bottom