What's new

Another wave of Anti-Pakistani campaign in Turkey brewing. This time, Ataturk and Nuclear Technology is being discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Etymology: Sumerian 𒁺 (du, “to go”).

Historical origin of Urdu is Sumerian and Turks are not the only people to have the word Urdu, Ordo, or Ordu. Urdu is also a Hindustani word. It is of very ancient origin and in Sumerian would literally mean 'to go from Ur', or 'come from Ur', or 'move about Ur'. Sumerian language is based on adfixed words. Another example is the word Lugal. Lu means Man and Gal means High or Up, thus Lugal means King or Big Man. I believe the word gal in Punjabi might be related. I am not Punjabi, but I know Ki Gal Hai means What's Up.

It's origin is Indo-Aryan. It descends from Proto-Indo-Aryan, which was spoken east of the Volga River during the Bronze Age.

It probably appeared in Lahore during the 11th century AD and was known by the name Lashkari. The name "urdu" appeared in the 1780s coined by a poet from the greater Dehli area, but the language itself is unrelated to Chagatai or any Turkic language.

But Lashkari still technically survives as it's secondary indigenous as well as historical name.

It's origin is Indo-Aryan. It descends from Proto-Indo-Aryan, which was spoken east of the Volga River during the Bronze Age.

It probably appeared in Lahore during the 11th century AD and was known by the name Lashkari. The name "urdu" appeared in the 1780s coined by a poet from the greater Dehli area, but the language itself is unrelated to Chagatai or any Turkic language.

But Lashkari still technically survives as it's secondary indigenous as well as historical name.
That was when Urdu was popularized as an Indo-Aryan language, but its root is not Indo-Aryan. Sumerian is Language Isolate.

Muslim and Islam as Semitic words would be known to few before the Prophet, but after the Quran they entered in common usage with specific definitions.

Look up Mesh-ki-anga-sher. His grandson's name is Lugalbanda. It means Young King. Banda means Young in Sumerian, which is similar meaning in Urdu.

That was when Urdu was popularized as an Indo-Aryan language, but its root is not Indo-Aryan. Sumerian is Language Isolate.

Muslim and Islam as Semitic words would be known to few before the Prophet, but after the Quran they entered in common usage with specific definitions.

Look up Mesh-ki-anga-sher. His grandson's name is Lugalbanda. It means Young King. Banda means Young in Sumerian, which is similar meaning in Urdu.

But it was only known as "urdu" since the 1780s. Prior to that this name was never used for the language.

But it was only known as "urdu" since the 1780s. Prior to that this name was never used for the language.
Likewise, Muslim was not used in Arabic until popularized by the Quran. Mashlim is its Hebrew equivalent which can have the meanings of complementary, perfect, wholesome, or good. The point is the word was not unknown. Similarly, Urdu had to be known among a few, particularly the Hindustani ruling caste. Urdu has very few Turkish words, only 24 pure Turkish words. We use Urdu in a different way from Turks, as a language. Urdu matured in India as a language.

Last edited:
Surya Kiran found my post funny. What is so funny, the name Lugal Banda? I noticed Banda, however, there are academic papers relating Sumerian words to Vedic. Sumeria is the oldest civilization.

People from different countries know little about each other,especially when they speak different languages.
But we will learn eventually that every cultural has its way.

Etymology: Sumerian 𒁺 (du, “to go”).

Historical origin of Urdu is Sumerian and Turks are not the only people to have the word Urdu, Ordo, or Ordu. Urdu is also a Hindustani word. It is of very ancient origin and in Sumerian would literally mean 'to go from Ur', or 'come from Ur', or 'move about Ur'. Sumerian language is based on adfixed words. Another example is the word Lugal. Lu means Man and Gal means High or Up, thus Lugal means King or Big Man. I believe the word gal in Punjabi might be related. I am not Punjabi, but I know Ki Gal Hai means What's Up.
The Great Horde, which is the Kipchak Khanate, its original name is Altın Orda/Ordu/Urda (in Tatar Turkish Altın Urda, and Altan Ord in Mongolian). In Turkish and Mongolian, Ord/Orda means "otağ*(Otağ, Hakan/Khan's marquee, magnificent and big tent in Turkish, Altai and Mongolian folk culture)" and great gathering place. Altın/Altun means gold. It is rumored that this state was called the AltınOrda or the Ak(White)Orda because the upper part of the white pavilion of Batu Khan, the founder of the state, was gilded. In other words, it has been translated into English sources with a meaning shift.

The Kipchak Turks moved from Central Asia to the Urals around the 8th-9th century and established superiority here. Then we know that they were around Syr Darya, side by side with the Oghuzes and scattered throughout Central Asia. The real cultural contact with the peoples of the Middle East started after this period.

In Divanı Lugati Türk, written by Kaşgarlı Mahmut, which has the distinction of being the most important work on Turkic languages, the meaning is given as the city where Hakan/Khan resides.

If I had to summarize some Urdu/Orda related words and meanings for you;
(Turkish and Mongolian)
Mongolian ordu(n) urdu(n)(=palace, camp, tent)
Old Uyghur ordu and ortu (= palace, camp) ,
Yakut ordu(= army, order),
Kipchak ordu/orda(= city, assembly place)

And as i mentioned above, In the dictionary of Kaşgarlı Mahmut, the ordu meant the city where the hakan/khan lived.

Excessive proximity to Sumerian words, even in some Turkish tribes that do not have cultural contact with the peoples of the Middle East, is a completely different matter of discussion. We can discuss this in another thread.

But as today's meaning of Urda/Horde; the relation of Sumerian is mostly related to the meaning in latin , germanic languages

Some historians and linguistics believed that is inherited from the Latin word ōrdo (= order, arrangement, sequence; regular ordering)
German Horde (= army, herd, crowd),
Portuguese horda (= army),
English horde (= army, herd, crowd) and
The French words horde (= herd, horde, army) are pronounced. In addition to these, the Italian words ordine (= order, line, team) and Portuguese ordem (= order, team, order, unity) are also used.

For this reason, the word ordu in modern Turkish has probably a Turkic origin however, there is a semantic shift originating from the Sumerian-Hittite. Because we know that words such as koşun and goşun are used more as a military army in many other Turkish dialects such as Uzbek, Turkish, Azerbaijani Turkish, Modern Uyghur Turkish etc.

But if you want to establish connection with Sumerian and Hittite solely, the right word is Uru, not Urda/Orda. The word Uru is used in the sense of city in Sumerian and Hittite sources.

Last edited:
i will be in turkey in june end.
Should i wear a Not Pakistani tee shirt to avoid getting targeted mistakenly ?

LOL why are you going to Turkey? Don't go on rape spree. The Turks will easily recognize a Hindustani call center scammer.

This doesn't negate my point. Pakistani immigrants are not on Turkey's main agenda and they probably never will be either. Pakistan is not a failed banana republic.

Under the leadership of PDM and Bajwa Pakistan is definitely a failed country.

LOL why are you going to Turkey? Don't go on rape spree. The Turks will easily recognize a Hindustani call center scammer.

Under the leadership of PDM and Bajwa Pakistan is definitely a failed country.
at the moment you Pakistanis are the symbol of rape and molestation in turkey , your close Islamic friend.
Guess this thread is above your iq level.

You should wear a t-shirt saying "proud gangu with a little weiner"............. :azn: :

Well , your sis was satisfied .
And thats what matters...

You should wear a t-shirt saying "proud gangu with a little weiner"............. :azn: :

at the moment you Pakistanis are the symbol of rape and molestation in turkey , your close Islamic friend.

LOL Your libturd Turkish friends used Indian rape incidents on Twitter to malign Pakistan. You need to get your head examined stupid Hindutva terrorist.

Your mama was satisfied. Little dark malnourished Hindustani LOL

LOL Your libturd Turkish friends used Indian rape incidents on Twitter to malign Pakistan. You need to get your head examined stupid Hindutva terrorist.
why get angry at me ? i didnt start this thread .
The turks liked Pakistanis until they actually lived with them i guess.
Its funny Pakistani trying to suck up to the turks and the turks having nothing to do with you guys. Pretty pathetic situation..

Little weiner can't satisfy women. Just ask your mama.......... :lol:........that is why so many UK indian women have black, white and even Muslim boyfriends.........:azn:........even the married ones........:azn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom