What's new

Ancient Harappan-era skeletons found in Haryana

Beyond the River Indus means the people living .Alamgirpur in Uttar Pradesh was even part of Indus Valley civilization.

In the Rig Veda, the collection of praises to the gods, the god Indra towers over the poetry as a conquering god, one that smashes cities and slays enemies. Most probably Indus Valley Civilization cities and town destroyed by the Aryans. The invading Aryans were originally nomadic peoples, not agricultural. They penetrated India from the north-west, settling first in the Indus valley. Unlike the Harappans, however, they eventually concentrated their populations along the Ganges floodplain. The Aryan settled in Ganges plain modern Uttar Pradesh and Bihar. The Ganges, unlike the Indus, is far milder and more predictable in its flooding. It must have been a paradise to a people from the dry steppes of central Asia and Iran, a paradise full of water and forest. When they arrived, the vast northern plains were almost certainly densely forested. Where now bare fields stretch to the horizon, when the Aryans arrived lush forests stretched to those very same horizons. Clearing the forests over the centuries was an epic project and one that is still preserved in Indian literature.

In the Rig Veda, the collection of praises to the gods, the god Indra towers over the poetry as a conquering god, one that smashes cities and slays enemies. Most probably Indus Valley Civilization cities and town destroyed by the Aryans. The invading Aryans were originally nomadic peoples, not agricultural. They penetrated India from the north-west, settling first in the Indus valley. Unlike the Harappans, however, they eventually concentrated their populations along the Ganges floodplain. The Aryan settled in Ganges plain modern Uttar Pradesh and Bihar. The Ganges, unlike the Indus, is far milder and more predictable in its flooding. It must have been a paradise to a people from the dry steppes of central Asia and Iran, a paradise full of water and forest. When they arrived, the vast northern plains were almost certainly densely forested. Where now bare fields stretch to the horizon, when the Aryans arrived lush forests stretched to those very same horizons. Clearing the forests over the centuries was an epic project and one that is still preserved in Indian literature.

Its wrong assumption from your side. Indian nation is even now dwelling as it since centuries. All the historical cities are even now existed.

There is no evidence that the Indus Valley civilization was destroyed by the migrating Aryans.

Around 1800 BCE, signs of a gradual decline began to emerge, and by around 1700 BCE, most of the cities were abandoned. In 1953, Sir Mortimer Wheeler proposed that the decline of the Indus Civilization was caused by the invasion of an Indo-European tribe from Central Asia called the "Aryans". As evidence, he cited a group of 37 skeletons found in various parts of Mohenjo-Daro, and passages in the Vedas referring to battles and forts. However, scholars soon started to reject Wheeler's theory, since the skeletons belonged to a period after the city's abandonment and none were found near the citadel. Subsequent examinations of the skeletons by Kenneth Kennedy in 1994 showed that the marks on the skulls were caused by erosion, and not violent aggression.[100] Today, many scholars believe that the collapse of the Indus Civilization was caused by drought and a decline in trade with Egypt and Mesopotamia.[101] It has also been suggested that immigration by new peoples, deforestation, floods, or changes in the course of the river may have contributed to the collapse of the IVC.

Indus Valley Civilization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Merely a hypothesis that has since been dis proven. The battle could be something as direct as in-fighting amongst the Aryans:
Battle of the Ten Kings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Beyond the River Indus means the people living .Alamgirpur in Uttar Pradesh was even part of Indus Valley civilization.

indusmap.gif

For gawds sake what is this? I post actual satelite imagery and you post a nursery school map? According to the map Lahore is on a hills. Are you kidding here ?

1. What the hell is 'post' Indus culture? Post means after that would mean anything after 'Indus' culture. does that include cultures in Africa as well because they came after?

2. Alluvial plain? How is that relevant in any way to discussion in hand?

Like I said before your doing what the Chinese do. Make forged copies and then brand them as 'German' or 'Japanes' to that the products get 'value added'. Your just using 'harappa' or 'Indus' as a sly way of leaching off them. This is what parasites do. They leach off others.

If you remove'Harappa' or Indus' whatever you have there are won't even fill one page.

and Arslan don't give these Indian's a excuse toi bring religious myths into this. If you do they will inundate us with so much myth your head is going to spin. They would give the mullah run for his money.

What is this map proving? Do tell please?

That Indus Valley civilization was in Pakistan lie Egytian civilization was in Egypt?
That small portions IVC spread outward from the Indus Vasin into modern day Afghanistan and modern day India?

Is that what the maps is trying to show?

WTF is Black and Red ware? More amatuer dramatics?

Menace, that comment has gotta be the best one liner I have read in the last year ha ha ha !
See how they use our "Harappa" to add value to the rubbish they find. I had a friend long ago and he used to joke that if you got bottle piss and gave it some fancy French name and sold it as perfume it would sell.

Same here. So they found skeletons. It's like what's the big deal here? Has these skeletons from the age of dinosaurs? They are not even from anywhere near Harappa and what do they do. Add the name "Harappa". Bingo.

More leaching off Pakistan.

What is this map proving? Do tell please?

That Indus Valley civilization was in Pakistan lie Egytian civilization was in Egypt?
That small portions IVC spread outward from the Indus Vasin into modern day Afghanistan and modern day India?

Is that what the maps is trying to show?

WTF is Black and Red ware? More amatuer dramatics?

First Harappa has nothing to do with India - now Harappa may have some small portion in India :lol:

At least 9 cities in the map south of Sutlej were a part of India against 15 or so in Pakistan. That's 37.5% if my math is right.

First Harappa has nothing to do with India - now Harappa may have some small portion in India :lol:

At least 9 cities in the map south of Sutlej were a part of India against 15 or so in Pakistan. That's 37.5% if my math is right.

If I had a tree in my garden over time it's branches are bound to spread out and few might go over the wall. Big deal. IVC also branched into Afghanistan. IVC only covers areas of India that are adjacent to Pakistan. 89% of India was untouched by it.

Did you know Egyptian civilization spread over into Libyia,South to sudan and possibly some influence even in Ethopia or Eritrea but that does not change the fact Egyptian civilization was Nile based in Egypt. Ditto IVC.

You can claim what you want. Go call it Ganga, Gujrat, Lothal, whatever. stop leaching like a bloody parasite on our land.

Sugggest: Call it Ganga Valley ???

If I had a tree in my garden over time it's branches are bound to spread out and few might go over the wall. Big deal. IVC also branched into Afghanistan. IVC only covers areas of India that are adjacent to Pakistan. 89% of India was untouched by it.

Did you know Egyptian civilization spread over into Libyia,South to sudan and possibly some influence even in Ethopia or Eritrea but that does not change the fact Egyptian civilization was Nile based in Egypt. Ditto IVC.

You can claim what you want. Go call it Ganga, Gujrat, Lothal, whatever. stop leaching like a bloody parasite on our land.

Sugggest: Call it Ganga Valley ???

Aww someone took the cookie away from the pooor lil kid :frown:

Explain to me how modern day Pakistanis are related to Harappans again. Unless the current Pakistanis share a cultural bond with the Harappans, your claim of sole ownership is the equivalent of saying the dinosaurs that lived in our land were our ancestors. BTW, here's the rig veda map:

Map_of_Vedic_India.png

That takes up the bulk of Pakistan. How come you don't claim Aryans as your own? :sick:

Have a look at where Harappa is. End off.

The principle Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad coelum et ad inferos applies. If you disagree then the burden is on you to prove that Harappa or anything else is not my heritage. Prove it.

And I am going to friggin ask you to avoid sarcasm. I am no mood for bull. Either put your argument or f* off. Spare me the bull comments.

Last edited:
Have a look at where Harappa is. End off.

This is what the article says:
Four human skeletons, believed to be 5,000 years old, have been found by archaeologists from the site of Harappan civilisation at Rakhi Garhi

Also:
Since 1997 the Archaeological Survey of India has undertaken a detailed excavation of the site, revealing the size of the lost city (at least 3.0 km²) and recovering numerous artefacts, some over 5,000 years old.[11] Rakhigarhi was occupied at Early Harappan times.[12][13] Evidence of paved roads, drainage system, large rainwater collection, storage system, terracotta bricks, statue production, and skilled working of bronze and precious metals has been uncovered. Jewellery, including bangles made from terracotta, conch shells, gold, and semi-precious stones, has also been found.[14]

There are nine mounds in Rakhigarhi which are named RGR-1 to RGR-9, of which RGR-5 is thickly populated by establishment of Rakhishahpur village and is not available for excavations. RGR-1 to RGR-3, RGR6 to RGR9 and some part of RGR-4 are available for excavations.[13][15][16]

In 2014 six radiocarbon datings from excavations al Rakhigarhi between 1997 and 2000 were published, corresponding to the three periods at the site as per archaeologist Amarendra Nath (Pre-formative, Early Harappan, and Mature Harappan). Mound RGR-6 revealed a Pre-formative stage designated as Sothi Phase with the following two datings: 6420 +/- 110 and 6230 +/- 320 years Before Present, converted to 4470 +/- 110 BC and 4280 +/- 320 B

It does not say Harappa but says Harappan Civilization. Rakhi Garhi is about 300kms from Harappa. Not sure if this is an issue with Pakistan's history or English syllabus.

The principle Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad coelum et ad inferos applies. If you disagree you the onus is on you to prove that Harappa or anything else is not my heritage. Proove it.

Again confusing law with science. I'm not accusing you of a crime, I'm asking you to prove tracing scientifically that there is some link between Harappans and modern Pakistanis that they do not share with India. Take the vedic civilization for example - Sanskrit, Vedas, Gods etc are still a part of the Indian culture. Can anyone in Pakistan speak Indus Valley language? :lol:

And i am going to friggin ask you to avoid sarcasm. I am no mood for bull. Either put your argument or f* off. Spare me the bull comments.

Really, because I thought you were, reading this quote. Must be mistaken :(
See how they use our "Harappa" to add value to the rubbish they find. I had a friend long ago and he used to joke that if you got bottle piss and gave it some fancy French name and sold it as perfume it would sell.

Same here. So they found skeletons. It's like what's the big deal here? Has these skeletons from the age of dinosaurs? They are not even from anywhere near Harappa and what do they do. Add the name "Harappa". Bingo.

Do modern Egyptians still have the same culture or language as Ancient Egypt.?

Cultures evolve languages change. It;s called evolution.

How is finding human remains significant? Modern India, Bangladesh, afghanistan, Iran all were inhabited. The folk did die. The fact that they found human remains proves what? That people lived?

Frankly I am not bothered what you find in India. don't give a toss but why not call it Ganga civilization. hey even call it Indian Civilization. RAkhi Garhi civilization or whatever. why leach off on a name of a village in Pakistan?

Look I am too tired to go on wasting my time with you. My concern is other bPakistani's. you can think what you want. Just go celebrate your lost city of Artlantis. I think your doing disservice to your finds. they deserve proper name for them. not a stupid name of **** village.

That map you have posted here is all myths from Hindu scrpture. WTF? You even have Saraswati river on it? That is like using the Quran or the Sunnah as historical referance?

I thought the mullahs were f**d up.

Do modern Egyptians still have the same culture or language as Ancient Egypt.?

Cultures evolve languages change. It;s called evolution.

Urdu is a part of the Indo-European language tree and is more closely related to Sanskrit than Arabic or Indus Valley. Go google any map of aryan settlements or empires before Islamic invasion and you will find buddhists, hindus, greeks in Pakistan. Now you may mythologically draw that modern Pakistanis were pure breeds who had indus valley, then hid themselves, then turned muslims without Pakistan being influenced by all the other cultures in the intermediate 2500 year period, please suit yourselves. Your obsession with Pakistan being defined as everything "Not India" is amusing to say the least.

In India, we like to view history as a phase of transition rather than a sudden bump - with the indus valley influencing the subsequent aryan migrating population.

How is finding human remains significant? Modern India, Bangladesh, afghanistan, Iran all were inhabited. The folk did die. The fact that they found human remains proves what? That people lived?

The remains were discovered in a site that was archaeologically marked as being a part of IVC - and the remains date back to Harappan era. An analysis of their remains will give insights into how they died, whether it was an epidemic or war, the type of diet they ate etc. Given IVC is still in its nascent stage of being understood, such information will be invaluable in revealing more about their culture. Now if you cannot see a logical pattern in that, good for you.

Frankly I am not bothered what you find in India. don't give a toss but why not call it Ganga civilization. hey even call it Indian Civilization. RAkhi Garhi civilization or whatever. why leach off on a name of a village in Pakistan?

:rofl:

Look I am too tired to go on wasting my time with you. My concern is other bPakistani's. you can think what you want. Just go celebrate your lost city of Artlantis. I think your doing disservice to your finds. they deserve proper name for them. not a stupid name of **** village.

That map you have posted here is all myths from Hindu scrpture. WTF? You even have Saraswati river on it? That is like using the Quran or the Sunnah as historical referance?

I thought the mullahs were f**d up.

Going through your posts thus far,
1) Harappan civilization had nothing to do with India
2) Harappan civilization might have influenced India
3) Modern day Pakistanis are direct descendent of Harappans
4) Harappa is the same as Harappan Civilization

This is getting boring tbh. I'm off wasting my time. You can have the final rabble in the next post if you feel that will give you a good night's sleep.

Last edited:
Urdu is a part of the Indo-European language tree and is more closely related to Sanskrit than Arabic or Indus Valley. Go google any map of aryan settlements or empires before Islamic invasion and you will find buddhists, hindus, greeks in Pakistan. Now you may mythologically draw that modern Pakistanis were pure breeds who had indus valley, then hid themselves, then turned muslims without Pakistan being influenced by all the other cultures in the intermediate 2500 year period, please suit yourselves.

In India, we like to view history as a phase of transition rather than a sudden bump - with the indus valley influencing the subsequent aryan migrating population..

Which bit of the EVOLUTION did you not understand? IVC 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 Today A gradual evolution through time.

The remains were discovered in a site that was archaeologically marked as being a part of IVC - and the remains date back to Harappan era. Now if you cannot see a logical pattern in that, good for you.

Marked by? Let me guess ASI. Great for you. Why not call it part of GVC. Ganges Valley Civilization? Why jump over to milch our land? You can't find a friggin name for yourself? Anyway good for you, What did say about bottled piss being sold with fancy French name?

WTF is this. You knocked out by a well placed right hook?

and if we claim we are decendants of Spock out of Star Trek what business is that of yours. Now f* off.

Back
Top Bottom